Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Its shocking that you haven't seen it..
      Eh. It's not from my time.
      rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Nice 'private' ep with a surprising 'trust' part.
        Liked Teal'c here he was more human than many humans normally are.
        The ending didn't satisfy me - Teal'c back to the mountain cage?
        CARPE DIEM
        ANJA

Comment

Can anyone find the song at the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6cz...ioCzd&index=26

Someone said it was Avis Turner: Take Me Baby.

And there was actually a youtube channel that had the song up but they made it private and now I can't remember the channel name was.

Can anyone else find the song?

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
            Nice 'private' ep with a surprising 'trust' part.
            Liked Teal'c here he was more human than many humans normally are.
            The ending didn't satisfy me - Teal'c back to the mountain cage?
            I know!! it sucks, he deserves to have an apartment just like everyone else. He's making money out of this, right? lol
            Now that I think about it, Teal'c has a citizenship? Green card?
            If he does, does he have a SSN?

Therefore, a bank account where he gets paid by the military that he works for?
            Or is all paid cash? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Marcinilux View Post
              I know!! it sucks, he deserves to have an apartment just like everyone else. He's making money out of this, right? lol
              Now that I think about it, Teal'c has a citizenship? Green card?
              If he does, does he have a SSN?

Therefore, a bank account where he gets paid by the military that he works for?
              Or is all paid cash? lol
              That's a good question. DID teal'c (and later Teyla and ronon) get PAID for their work for Stargate command??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                That's a good question. DID teal'c (and later Teyla and ronon) get PAID for their work for Stargate command??
                I.. would think so. I mean Teal'c buys clothes for himself, and that apartment, he had to be able to buy a bed, groceries, home decor, a couch, TV...

What I'm thinking is that maybe he got a green card and a fake identity, like from Mozambique, and with that he was able to get a SSN and a bank account.

This kind of reminds me of one of the episodes with Machello, when he uses Daniel's credit card to buy a bunch of things... you'd think that the military paid his credit card bill for that incident, right? lol.

Comment

This kind of reminds me of one of the episodes with Machello, when he uses Daniel's credit card to buy a bunch of things... you'd think that the military paid his credit card bill for that incident, right? lol.
                  I assume they took advantage of the consumer credit protection act, since the card was, in fact, stolen. Daniel may have been on the hook for about $50 (and I agree that the program should've reimbursed him for that).

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo View Post
                    What an interesting episode Who else yelled at the tv saying shut up to the boy that was praising Teal'c for throwing a rock (i think?) at the thief, gosh, his character should have been left out of the episode! I think maybe Daniel should have pushed the envelope a little more saying how if they killed him there, who else would help them translate. Also, no punishment for Krista??? I got all emotional a little at the end with Carter saying, Yes a lot

I always thought this was a funny scene. Like it was obviously awesome, but to have to add it made the scene feel cheep imo.

Comment

Since Machello didn't even know what a credit card was, much less what he could do with it, and he wasn't free for very long, I doubt he charged very much. The biggest charge was for ice cream for all the other customers. Shortly after that, he was captured.

Comment

While it clearly doesn't last too long, it's great to see Teal'c out and about in the real world. Making friends and taking out thieves with bits of fruit -- great aim.

Of course, someone has to ruin it for him and in comes the Trust.

But at least Carter had her moment, saying "yes"... when she's going off on that rant about how "single" people are being told on many occasions that your life can not possibly complete without someone there to share it with -- the commercials, in every show, magazines... and she's not wrong.

Teal'c, Daniel and Carter together are a hoot each time. They got such a great dynamic going on.

I think it was a fairly solid episode. Good content. Never boring and setting the pieces on the board for round n with the rogue NID/Trust people.

How would you rate SG-1's "Affinity"?

Excellent
                        Good
                        Fair
                        Poor
                        Terrible

--------EDIT-----------

3-episode quiz: Avatar, Affinity & Covenant

Jigsaw puzzle: Affinity

--------EDIT-----------

Jigsaw time: 07:34
                        Last edited by Falcon Horus; 22 August 2019, 01:01 PM. Reason: Adding jigsaw time
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I wonder if airing this episode in the wrong oder, taints the episode. The randomness of the Trust makes for a surprise kidnapping but that is hardly the writer's fault. I actually quite like this episode for showing a different side of Tealc. I believe this is how Tealc would respond if he had his own place. Was always disappointed he doesn't get one again. I like how Sam and Pete tracked Tealc down but I wanted to gag on the whole proposal sub plot. I'm going with good. Sorry FH, 6:32
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

11:35
                            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Worst SG episode ever. Meh. Let me erase my own memories about this one.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

10.11 this time
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X