No announcement yet.

Affinity (807)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode was generally entertaining, but a bit uneven. They shifted gears awfully quickly halfway through the episode. Suddenly Christa killed her boyfriend, suddenly the rogue NID is involved. They tried to have two different kinds of episodes at once, and it slightly tarred the episode for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Orce
      Perhaps they wanted it to seem realistic. I just can't imagine Sam saying yes, then they wait to get home to kiss so it doesn't seem unprofessional.

However, TPTB keep throwing the REGS in our faces as an excuse to not get Sam and Jack together but they can allow a butt rub while on duty!!! Sam and Jack can barely touch each other on duty and then only during life and death situations and then only on occasion. I think TPTB went way to far. Ok I can see maybe the kiss but the butt rub went way to far for my taste given all previous rules and REGULATIONS!!!
      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
        How the hell did they get their hands on Asgard transporters?!
        Weren't they rings?

Man...as much as Jack/Sam would be cool....come on. It'd be totally implausible unless one of them retires, and it'd be totally cliche to obligatorily hook up the two main characters.

Comment

Just wondering, what is with so many women that they love jerks like Krista. "It's been hard on him" please.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
            However, TPTB keep throwing the REGS in our faces as an excuse to not get Sam and Jack together but they can allow a butt rub while on duty!!! Sam and Jack can barely touch each other on duty and then only during life and death situations and then only on occasion. I think TPTB went way to far. Ok I can see maybe the kiss but the butt rub went way to far for my taste given all previous rules and REGULATIONS!!!
            My personal belief about the Sam/Jack relationship is that there will be that one defining episode that will either say that they will be together in the end or they don't have a chance. Judging by how this genre goes and by relationships in all other types of shows, if they were to get together, it would probably be a season finale, perhaps of Stargate's final season.

Comment

Originally posted by Orce
              Perhaps they wanted it to seem realistic. I just can't imagine Sam saying yes, then they wait to get home to kiss so it doesn't seem unprofessional.
              I found the timing of the "yes" was unprofessional. It should have waited until they were off duty. Then she could have done whatever she wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                Weren't they rings?

The sound effect was that of Asgard transporters, not rings. They both have very distinct sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                  I found the timing of the "yes" was unprofessional. It should have waited until they were off duty. Then she could have done whatever she wanted.
                  Love waits for no one.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                    I'm not sure that it was an Asgard transporter... It sounded somewhat like a ring transporter but more like the Atlantis elevator thing.
                    Definitely the same sound effects as the Asgard transporters.

What happened to the hole in Teal'c's stomach?
                    I know he's on tretonin, but... where'd the hole go.
                    *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                    McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

I had an old bag of a neighbor just like that. She decided my husband and I were not married and stirred up the other old bats in the building. We finally found out about it but the hassling never stopped. Eventually my husband found a job in another state and we moved.
                      Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

I was surprised that I enjoyed this I did! I am a shipper and I actually found more here to support the S/J ship.
                        But I liked that Teal'c's personality is being developed even more fully.
                        I the sense of the team caring for one another.
                        Okay I didn't like Sam's pink jacket in the park. YUK.
                        Someone else said something about not liking the kid praising Teal'c so much, minor problem for me.
                        Am looking forward to finding out just what was the message that Daniel translated and it's significance.

And in spite of being a shipper I actually liked Pete. Fellow shippers, don't attack me please. I saw him more as a brother-figure for Sam then a romantic interest.

The show was a lot more entertaining to me than last week's.

"We came through and once more saw the stars." - Dante

Karen

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
                          Definitely the same sound effects as the Asgard transporters.

What happened to the hole in Teal'c's stomach?
                          I know he's on tretonin, but... where'd the hole go.
                          Could have put some kind of fake skin over it.

Comment

Actually I rather enjoyed this episode. I loved to see how Teal'c got along outside the SGC. I always wondered about that. His comment about watching home decorating shows was priceless.

I really don't understand why some of you are angry at the 'stalker' thing. It shows interaction with their fan base, and I found it quite humorous actually. I don't think it was meant to be insulting in the slightest.

I don't know exactly what I feel about the whole Pete/Sam thing. I haven't really thougth about it that much yet. All I could think about when the episode ended was "Sam/Jack shippers are going to have a field day with this one..."
                            Daniel:Nyet
                            Jack: Daniel?
                            Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
                            Jack: Nyet???

Comment

I also wanted to say I loved how Tealc's apartment was decorated. 2 thumbs up for that one. Daniel in civi's was awsome "Drools"

I loved the screen of the swat team on the black trucks on thier way to rescue Daniel.

Daniels mythology or saysing about relationships was awsome. I mean the way he talked about relationships.

I loved how jaffa couples handles relationships, "A weapon is required" now that was funny.

I am rewatching the ep and I think I am likeing it more than the first go around.

Beautiful sceenary! That grass was so grteen and so pretty.

The sceen with the candles and the silloitte of Tealc teaching the girl was so cool. Very pretty.

Chistopher is such a great actor. I like his saying "Has something transpired"?

I loved the nosey neighbor. The kitty cat was adorable she was holding.

Oh an RDA in that semi tight shirt when he asks for the report from Sam. OMGosh how sexy.

As I am 20 minutes into my 2ed veiwing I definatly like it much better but I still don't like the fact that she said yes and also the kiss and butt rub was just gross.

Well I could keep on typing as I am rewatching but my post would be huge. LOL
                              My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

Comment

Fans who have watched for years are entitled to a positive resolution of the Jack-Sam relationship--the Pete option is not it.

Comment

Working...
                                X