Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...............

Did I like it hmmmm...I not sure.

I liked seeing Tealc having his own apartment, I like the fact Tealc must have got sum.
    The whole Sam Pete thing made me sick, Just him kissing her is GROSS and she said YES. YUCK.
    I am curious as to what the symbols opened are were for. I want to know how the NID got an asqard transporter.
    I liked the Daniel going on his own to save Tealc.
    I liked the kid with the skateboard, I thought he was cool and a good actor.
    It made me sad Tealc giving his apartment up.

1 out of 10 I give it a 5
    My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

Comment

I was veryveryvery disappointed in this episode. It was full of cliches and plot holes and too much romance. Whatever happened to STARGATE??? I'm getting veryveryvery tired of this strange show pretending to be Stargate. Every week I watch hoping to see Daniel translating something or checking out a ruin, Carter bubbling on about something that can change the face of physics, Teal'c being... Teal'c and Jack giving orders as they (3 of them anyway) go through the Stargate and EXPLORE.

Comment

as I have stated before...I HATED THIS ONE

Comment

Originally posted by snappy
          I mostly lurk here but...

To be honest, that episode was just luke warm for me.

I'm a S/J shipper but I actually kinda like Pete. (Yes, it is true -- not all of us hate Pete ) To think that Sam would take that moment to say Yes just didn't ring true to me. And to hug/kiss in the middle of the warehouse at the end of an op where she was in charge, is that really the right moment?

I didn't read any spoilers but you could just feel it coming that the attractive next door neighbor with the drunk boyfriend would shack up with the new single wholesome guy who moved in. And for a little variety, a woman struggling to make up her mind over getting married (e.g. am I bowing to the pressures of society to be a couple, do I really want to do this, am I being fair to him). Overall, the show felt a little to 'Melrose Place' for me.

Anyway, my 2 cents -- what's yours?
          I thought that hug and kiss scene was very unprofessional on both of their parts. And then there was the sorta butt rub. I am getting nauseated as I type. Where's that barf bag!
          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
            I'm not sure that it was an Asgard transporter... It sounded somewhat like a ring transporter but more like the Atlantis elevator thing.
            It sounded like the asgard transporter.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
              I thought that hug and kiss scene was very unprofessional on both of their parts. And then there was the sorta butt rub. I am getting nauseated as I type. Where's that barf bag!
              No offense here, but if I were Sam's fiancee, I would let my hands roam also!

Comment

Originally posted by Orce
                We've seen this in other episodes,where people are talking about classified information, so that wasn't that big of a deal. I saw Sam look around when Pete started talking about it. She would probably be aware if someone were listening in. And it's not like the people in this country have been so rude to listen in on someone's conversations. There were no people that just stood near the bench that they were sitting on.
                As a military spouse of several years and the wife of a high ranking officer, it is in my personal experience to say that officers do not discuss classified information with their spouses/significant others and they certainly don't discuss it in public whether or not any one is listening. It is a UCMJ-punishable offense (UCMJ stands for Uniform Code of Military Justice). Even if Pete *had* the proper clearance he would also be required to have a *need to know* which he didn't in this case. This is covered under Article 134 (Failure to obey an order or regulation) and in some cases it is covered under the articles addressing treason--depending on the severity of the offense and the sensitivity of the information. Hammond said that the Stargate program is "SCI Top Secret" in "Children of the Gods" which means in RL terms that the information is 'Top Secret, Special Compartmentalized Information' which would requires a *need to know*. So yes, Sam could end up in Leavenworth for such a discussion.
                Last edited by marimba26; 20 August 2004, 07:18 PM.
                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

I realize I'm new and all (read: please don't kill me), but I kind of liked it. I'll have to admit, I'm new to the fandom, and I definately don't think this was the best episode ever, but I did like a lot of the interactions, and I did think a lot of it was in character...save quite a bit of Sam's parts, but I definately did like Daniel and Teal'c's discussion, not to mention the three members of SG-1 sitting around discussing their love lives. I mean, well, they've known each other for HOW long? It was bound to happen, and it was rather amusing. ^_^

Comment

I'll never understand why people don't like Cliches. I thought the whole thing worked great. Stargate's CSI type episode really, take a very traditional abuse/murder consept and add the Stargate Cast. = Near Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Orce
                      No offense here, but if I were Sam's fiancee, I would let my hands roam also!
                      No offense taken. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

And maybe so with the roaming hands, but not on duty and not in a warehouse full of soilders after an assault.

Could it have been any more unprofessional? She's a Colonel in the AF for gosh sakes.

And the butt rub as far as I'm concerned was nothing but a rub in the S/J Shippers face.
                      Ship Nana

Comment

I thought it was a great episode, though I didn't like how it ended. It sucks that Teal'c is once again living on base, and I was mad about Sam marrying Pete, hopefully they will still break up !

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                          I thought it was a great episode, though I didn't like how it ended. It sucks that Teal'c is once again living on base, and I was mad about Sam marrying Pete, hopefully they will still break up !
                          Her black widow curse will reassurt itself. Hopefully.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                            As a military spouse of several years and the wife of a high ranking officer, it is in my personal experience to say that officers do not discuss classified information with their spouses/significant others and they certainly don't discuss it in public whether or not any one is listening. It is a UCMJ-punishable offense (UCMJ stands for Uniform Code of Military Justice). Even if Pete *had* the proper clearance he would also be required to have a *need to know* which he didn't in this case. This is covered under Article 134 (Failure to obey an order or regulation) and in some cases it is covered under the articles addressing treason--depending on the severity of the offense and the sensitivity of the information. Hammond said that the Stargate program is "SCI Top Secret" in "Children of the Gods" which means in RL terms that the information is 'Top Secret, Special Compartmentalized Information' which would requires a *need to know*. So yes, Sam could end up in Leavenworth for such a discussion.
                            I know you know your stuff Marimba and for gosh sakes they didn't even tell Jacob anything about the SGC when he was dying. Not one little hint! Like he said, who was he gonna tell, G-d?
                            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                              No offense taken. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

And maybe so with the roaming hands, but not on duty and not in a warehouse full of soilders after an assault.

Could it have been any more unprofessional? She's a Colonel in the AF for gosh sakes.

And the butt rub as far as I'm concerned was nothing but a rub in the S/J Shippers face.
                              Perhaps they wanted it to seem realistic. I just can't imagine Sam saying yes, then they wait to get home to kiss so it doesn't seem unprofessional.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                                Her black widow curse will reassurt itself. Hopefully.
                                We can only hope.

Comment

Working...
                                X