Affinity (807)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pelagia
    Every week I watch hoping to see Daniel translating something or checking out a ruin, Carter bubbling on about something that can change the face of physics, Teal'c being... Teal'c and Jack giving orders as they (3 of them anyway) go through the Stargate and EXPLORE.
    Yes! Can I have that show? Pretty please? With sugar and cherries on top? I'll even throw in some chocolate.
    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou
      First of all -- okay, I'm admittedly a shipper, but I've tried being open to this whole Pete thing. That being said, this episode was reeeeeeally cliche. Especially the end. Come on! (Let me paraphrase: "I have no idea if I'm ready for marriage, if my career will allow it, and I also have deep feelings for someone else. But, since you did such a nice job tracking down the bad guys' rental car, yes, I'll marry you.")

And how lame, making poor Teal'c move back into his "cell" at the SGC! I totally loved his apartment!!
      Very good summary!
      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
        Okay, I hated this ep. Yes, I am a shipper for Jack and Sam. But that is not the only reason. The ep was far too cliche. The Karate Kid scenes, the super hero Teal'c, the silly girl next door with the drunk boyfriend, and don't forget the old lady with the cat!!!

Teal'c storyline could have been a good one. I enjoy watching eps that feature CJ's acting abilities. For the most part, the poor man has stood around looking mean for eight years when he is a wonderful actor when given the chance at a good storyline. I would have loved it if there had been more meat to Teal'c's storyline.

The wardrobe department should be fired. Daniel looked ridiculous in the white t-shirt that made a perfectly hunky MS look fat!! How does that happen? Sam's wardrobe, well, I know AT likes pink, but that jacket looked like something she picked up in "1969" or was left over from 1969! She is a light colonel so I know she makes good money, let her dress in civies that show it!

The scene's were cut too choppy. I was surprised that Peter deLuise directed this one. I usually love his eps but this one didn't do it for me (and it wasn't just the topic).

Okay, now to the Pete and Sam storyline. She didn't seem happy about the ring, although she did seem happy that he was moving closer. I realize that in the time line of the show, it's probably been at least eight months or more that they have been seeing each other, but other than a couple of off hand mentions of him, there hasn't been anything to indicate that the relationship was to the point of a marriage proposal. Although I was spoiled on this ep, it still didn't seem right that it was moving this fast.

As far as the stalker line, I don't know whether to be insulted or flattered. I believe that was started in the GW forum so TPTB do pay some attention, but it almost seemed like a slam at the shippers.

Sam's acceptance was totally off. She says she needs more time in one scene and two scenes later she says yes. The doubts she showed with Jack and the doubts she showed in the car just magically vanished with the raid on the warehouse. Why? It didn't make sense. There needed to be something that would indicate why she made her decision.

And as far as the kissing in the warehouse, well, talk about totally unprofessional behavior. I just don't see the whole setting as working. I am not sure who wrote this ep, but it was not up to SG1 standards that I have seen in the past. Especially not with the quality eps that we've seen so far in season eight.

Yes, as a shipper, I was disappointed in this ep for the obvious reasons, but as a SG1 fan, which I have been longer than I have been a shipper, this one was an ep to forget.
        I had problems with this ep, but I also liked alot of it.

Liked:
        1. Teal'c s apt. Cool decorating. He can do my house.
        2. BG O'Neill...he is so hot, in control, & understands his power.
        3. O'Neill= Mature Alpha Male all the way.
        4. Nod to the Pete as Stalker issue.
        5. S/J lab scene.

Hated:
        1. Pete is a stalker and an emotionally abusive sob. A leopard doesn't change its spots.
        2. Pete is cheap. Did you see that ring? Sheesh.
        3. Pete is incompetent. The stakeout site could not possibly have seen BOTH apartments since Teal'c and Krista lived ACROSS the hall from each other and therefore on opposite sides of the building. The stakeout was only on one side. Had to have been Krista's side.
        4. Sam selling out and settling for less.
        5. Two women Krista and Sam with abusive boyfriends and not being able to say NO.
        6. Teal'c packing up in his car having boxes hanging out the back then talks to the kid and turns around but the boxes are all perfectly stuffed so the hatch would close...poor continuity.

7. There is no way Sam could have been discussing business with Pete in the open. He does not need to know any more than he saw at the curb in Chimera. Even if he has clearance, the discussion about TS-SCI is accurate as are the penalties. The disclosure to Pete point is weak and there is nothing TPTB can say to make it any less unrealistic. Frankly, it is disrespectful to all the people who scrupulously observe their oath to keep things secret.
        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
          Exactly.
          But the question is: How the hell did they get their hands on an Asgard Transporter?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
            Teal'c and Krista lived ACROSS the hall from each other and therefore on opposite sides of the building.
            Not to defend pete. I hate him too....but I thought they were on the same side.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom

Another bad thing is I didn't get to see any shippers faces for the whole Sam/Pete thing and laugh at them... dangnabit.
              So are you a shipper or not, cause that comment was just plain rude!
              Last edited by getcarter; 20 August 2004, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                I found the timing of the "yes" was unprofessional. It should have waited until they were off duty. Then she could have done whatever she wanted.
                BINGO! Wait to accept the proposal until you get home. Then you can celebrate in any old way you want without it being questionable behavior. Women in the military have to work so hard to be taken seriously. Why would she even chance her colleagues seeing her snogging with her boyfriend while they're still at the warehouse? That's just not the professional image she should want to be projecting to her colleagues. It's not like he asked there and she was so overjoyed she couldn't help but answer right away. I just don't get it. Bizarre choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  But the question is: How the hell did they get their hands on an Asgard Transporter?
                  We just have to wait to find out.
                  We do know Anubis, well not Anubis himself, but, Osiris used the Asgard transporters before...
                  so...
                  We just have to wait to find out.
                  *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                  McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                    One thing that bothered me was how Daniel translated the symbols, i find it hard to believe he did it so quickly without any notes
                    I figured he'd already done most of the work when he got the images at the SGC.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                      Didn't all the people move closer together before they transported? Would they need to do that for an Asgard Transporter? I just assumed rings...
                      Daniel:Nyet
                      Jack: Daniel?
                      Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
                      Jack: Nyet???

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                        BINGO! Wait to accept the proposal until you get home. Then you can celebrate in any old way you want without it being questionable behavior. Women in the military have to work so hard to be taken seriously. Why would she even chance her colleagues seeing her snogging with her boyfriend while they're still at the warehouse? That's just not the professional image she should want to be projecting to her colleagues. It's not like he asked there and she was so overjoyed she couldn't help but answer right away. I just don't get it. Bizarre choice.
                        ITA. Sam is way too professional for that. Also agree that she'd never discuss SG1 business in public. And, why is it that it took PETE to track down the rental car? Doesn't the SGC, being a highly-funded, super-classified agency have its OWN people for that??

BTW, Teal'c's comment about home-decorating shows was a hoot! Also have to give thumbs up for displaying Christopher Judge's muscles so nicely. Yummy! LOL!
                        -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                          So are you a shipper or not, cause that comment was just plain rude!
                          Sorry, that wasn't about you shippers- that was more directed at my mother and my friend who are shippers and there's a little rivalry between us.
                          Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                          RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                            Sorry, that wasn't about you shippers- that was more directed at my mother and my friend who are shippers and there's a little rivalry between us.

Ok, but it felt like a slam to us. Should have been a little more specific.

Comment

Originally posted by crazylinguist
                              Didn't all the people move closer together before they transported? Would they need to do that for an Asgard Transporter? I just assumed rings...
                              For the last time!
                              Did you hear the sound effects?
                              Asgard transporters!
                              *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                              McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                                Amen Sister (or Brother ) I couldn't agree with you more.
                                Thanks L-Jade for the sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X