No announcement yet.

Affinity (807)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was hoping for a little more when Jack and Sam were talking about Pete's proposal. That whole scene kinda left me hanging.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
      Here's what was on Daniel's computer when translated from Ancient:

"Actual Words Are Hard To Decide So This'll Work"

I paused the TiVo to translate. Now I have to finish watching
      ROFLMAOO!!!! Seems to have applied to the ep as a whole--"actual plot is hard to decide so this'll work"
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

I think the stalker line was ridiculous! Like they are lauging at us. I think it should have been adressed with a little more class.

I can't beleive that Sam said yes!!!! If you have to think about it for two weeks and whine and carry on about it then you DO NOT need to be getting married. Especially to PETE!!!! YUCK!! I am still a firm believer in Sam and Jack but the fact that she said yes left a bad taste in my mouth. And where the heck was Jack? Thought Teal'c & Daniel were supposed to be his best friends. I can't believe he would let everything go down without being there.

Still love the show but this was definitely a storyline to get a fan reaction!! Well, PTB - you got it!!

Comment

I mostly lurk here but...

To be honest, that episode was just luke warm for me.

I'm a S/J shipper but I actually kinda like Pete. (Yes, it is true -- not all of us hate Pete ) To think that Sam would take that moment to say Yes just didn't ring true to me. And to hug/kiss in the middle of the warehouse at the end of an op where she was in charge, is that really the right moment?

I didn't read any spoilers but you could just feel it coming that the attractive next door neighbor with the drunk boyfriend would shack up with the new single wholesome guy who moved in. And for a little variety, a woman struggling to make up her mind over getting married (e.g. am I bowing to the pressures of society to be a couple, do I really want to do this, am I being fair to him). Overall, the show felt a little to 'Melrose Place' for me.

Anyway, my 2 cents -- what's yours?
          Thanks L-Jade for the sig!

Comment

Yeah, She said Yes! The show takes a step forword.

And Teal'C is the man, that Rock Moment was total badassery. I really want to see the sub plot with the NID goes.

Comment

My other major issue, besides feeling like a lot of the Sam/Pete thing was forced as a tweek (I don't think they meant it as an insult) at the fans, was the scene with the ring.

Let's put it this way:

A black ops air force lieutenant colonel is walking in the park, with tons of people around, within feet, and certainly within ear shot, while her boyfriend discusses the most important national security secret ever.

And she lets him continue, with little more than a 'you know i can't talk about that.'

That bothered me a lot more than the romance. It's making Carter look incompetent. She could got to the US Disciplinary Barracks at Leavenworth for that. I'm deadly serious. No matter how many times she's saved the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Orce
                You make for a good argument, but the episode wasn't that bad. The stalker comment, although it needed more explaining, was kinda like saying that Sam knew what happened and she accepted it and forgave Pete. Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for Sam/Jack but for now, Pete is a good guy. Also, the soap opera comment. Just because it focuses on emotions and love interests, that doesn't qualify as a soap opera. The acting in this episode is way better than a soap opera(even the annoying little kid). Overall, I found your comments a little negative and maybe a short-sighted.
                well, just so we're clear on the exact meaning of my comments...

I qualified this a soap-opera-ish because of the STYLE of the ep as a whole NOT because of the emotions and love interests. We've seen plenty of other eps that focused on the same things with a totally different style. Oh the acting is fine, the style wasn't. Of course as you are well aware, this is just MHO so before you call someone 'negative and short-sighted' you should consider that. Last I checked, EVERYONE was allowed to post their opinions here as long as they don't PERSONALLY attack others--which is exactly what you just did to me. I was not attacking ANYTHING but this episode and I do believe forum rules allow me to hate said ep.
                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  How the hell did they get their hands on Asgard transporters?!
                  I'm not sure that it was an Asgard transporter... It sounded somewhat like a ring transporter but more like the Atlantis elevator thing.

Comment

sry you all. i took back what i previously stated about the stalker line. emotions were running a little high and i see the inappropriateness of that comment.

i still don't sit well with pete. sam is too independent to settle with him. her concerns were justified in the episode. she never should have caved in.

Comment

Originally posted by Orce
                      I was hoping for a little more when Jack and Sam were talking about Pete's proposal. That whole scene kinda left me hanging.

Yeah, a little more as in Sam, Don't DO IT!!!

Bah!
                      Di

Comment

Things I liked:
                        • Shirtless Teal'c. Drool. Yes, shallow. And enjoying it.
                        • Seeing Teal'c off base. I love seeing his more human side and that development. He was great with the kid and all the training scenes rocked.
                        • Daniel making the tough call to translate the symbols. It was a great moral quandry for him. Love it!
                        • The cinematography. Very, very nicely filmed episode. Loved the candle shots.
                        • Teal'c's apartment. The decorations were priceless. Kudos to the art department on that one.

Things I didn't like:
                        • The bad guys were very one-dimensional. I would have liked more background and depth to them.
                        • Drunk guy was such a cliche. I've seen this character on ER thirty times.
                        • Teal'c having to move back to base. I liked the development of giving him a life. Now what? he's had a taste of living outside the mountain. Gotta be hard to go back, especially with there being fewer off-world missions and more rebel jaffa out there that need his leadership. He has to be tempted to leave when forced to live in such stifiling conditions now that there are other options -- especially options that include seeing Ishta regularly. Not a good way to keep a valuable asset with the SGC.
                        • Pete's proposal. Sam was so stunned. Who proposes without discussing marriage first? Actually, I hated that whole conversation. It was awkward and self-aware. It obviously addressed fandom with the stalker statement. And why in the world are they comparing Sam's job to stalking as equivalent relationship showstoppers? One is creepy and stupid (what cop interrupts a stake out?). The other is a fact of life for most everybody in the armed services or national security areas (which a cop should understand). As Jack said, plenty of people in the SGC have families and I bet none of them stalked their spouses over it. Bad juxtoposition. Awkward conversation. Had to be a better way to handle this.
                        • Sam saying yes at the end. What the heck happened there? Doubts all episode and suddenly she's all smiles? Where did that come from? Why did she changed her mind? What the heck was she thinking? Did they cut a scene that explained why she changed her mind?
                        Last edited by auralan; 20 August 2004, 06:43 PM. Reason: cut and paste error, lost bullets.
                        *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

WORST EPISODE EVER!!!

Everything from the old snoopy neighbor with the cat, to the "karate kid" montage, to the "it's not what you think" setup of Teal'c. Worse than Chimera. And they gave us no clue as to why Sam said yes in the end. I'm sad. If Sam and Jack get together in the end, will I care if I have to go through more of this? Ugh.

What's a Stargate?

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

I am de-lurking just to pipe in my two cents, because I feel pretty strongly about this episode. All I could think while watching was that somehow I had tuned into Law & Order: SG-1. Sorry, but if the writers are branching out into domestic disputes and murder mysteries instead of team missions through the Stargate, it's time to throw in the towel.

Comment

I enjoyed this episode much more than I thought I would. I thought this would be the worst episode of Stargate, but I was wrong.

I enjoyed the Teal'c storyline. It was interesting to see him trying to adjust to the life of "ordinary" humans. I liked that he cared about his fellow neighbors. It was his sense of honor and integrity that was used against him.

I enjoyed the mystery of the "bad" guys. Looks like it could be a very interesting storyline.

The Sam and Pete storyline I was dreading and was well prepared to never watch the episode again, but I can see the overall feel of the storyline, and I am looking forward with GREAT anticipation of the eventual resolution of the Sam and Jack storyline. I was glad to see the "stalker" issue addressed at least in passing. I was glad to see that Sam is unsure of what she wants for her future, and that she is taking the time to consider her options. I liked Sam's conversation with Jack. It was the most ADULT conversation they have had. Even though I didn't like the fact that she said "yes" and don't want Sam with Pete, I am willing to ride the rollercoster that TPTB have put the Sam and Jack Shippers on.

Token ~

Comment

Nepotisim is the curse of all entertainment, which is why,
                                in their infinite wisdom, our producers are goofing up Stargate with the "Stalker Pete" plot.

Everybody wants to help their relatives, ok then, which is why Pete needs to die mid-season, leaving Sam mourning her fiancee/spouse, as is proper for members of SG-1. (!)

Then Dave DeLuise can get back to doing Beneful ads, having gotten lots of useful exposure on one of the most popular shows on cable, and our saddened, but determined team can get back through the gate to kick some goa'uld ass.
                                Why does Jack drive an F-250 Super Duty? Does he have to pull a horse trailer too?

Comment

Working...
                                X