Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Affinity (807)

Chief Master Sergeant

Default Re: Affinity (807)

This episode was generally entertaining, but a bit uneven. They shifted gears awfully quickly halfway through the episode. Suddenly Christa killed her boyfriend, suddenly the rogue NID is involved. They tried to have two different kinds of episodes at once, and it slightly tarred the episode for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Orce
    Perhaps they wanted it to seem realistic. I just can't imagine Sam saying yes, then they wait to get home to kiss so it doesn't seem unprofessional.

However, TPTB keep throwing the REGS in our faces as an excuse to not get Sam and Jack together but they can allow a butt rub while on duty!!! Sam and Jack can barely touch each other on duty and then only during life and death situations and then only on occasion. I think TPTB went way to far. Ok I can see maybe the kiss but the butt rub went way to far for my taste given all previous rules and REGULATIONS!!!

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mio
    How the hell did they get their hands on Asgard transporters?!
    Weren't they rings?

Man...as much as Jack/Sam would be cool....come on. It'd be totally implausible unless one of them retires, and it'd be totally cliche to obligatorily hook up the two main characters.

Chevron Re: Affinity (807)

Just wondering, what is with so many women that they love jerks like Krista. "It's been hard on him" please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ship Nana
    However, TPTB keep throwing the REGS in our faces as an excuse to not get Sam and Jack together but they can allow a butt rub while on duty!!! Sam and Jack can barely touch each other on duty and then only during life and death situations and then only on occasion. I think TPTB went way to far. Ok I can see maybe the kiss but the butt rub went way to far for my taste given all previous rules and REGULATIONS!!!
    My personal belief about the Sam/Jack relationship is that there will be that one defining episode that will either say that they will be together in the end or they don't have a chance. Judging by how this genre goes and by relationships in all other types of shows, if they were to get together, it would probably be a season finale, perhaps of Stargate's final season.

meimei

Quote Originally Posted by Orce
    Perhaps they wanted it to seem realistic. I just can't imagine Sam saying yes, then they wait to get home to kiss so it doesn't seem unprofessional.
    I found the timing of the "yes" was unprofessional. It should have waited until they were off duty. Then she could have done whatever she wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthespirit
    Weren't they rings?

The sound effect was that of Asgard transporters, not rings. They both have very distinct sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by meimei
    I found the timing of the "yes" was unprofessional. It should have waited until they were off duty. Then she could have done whatever she wanted.
    Love waits for no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Selmak
    I'm not sure that it was an Asgard transporter... It sounded somewhat like a ring transporter but more like the Atlantis elevator thing.
    Definitely the same sound effects as the Asgard transporters.

What happened to the hole in Teal'c's stomach?
    I know he's on tretonin, but... where'd the hole go.
    *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
    McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

I had an old bag of a neighbor just like that. She decided my husband and I were not married and stirred up the other old bats in the building. We finally found out about it but the hassling never stopped. Eventually my husband found a job in another state and we moved.
    Causality should not be taken lightly.

Thumbs up Re: Affinity (807)

I was surprised that I enjoyed this I did! I am a shipper and I actually found more here to support the S/J ship.
    But I liked that Teal'c's personality is being developed even more fully.
    I the sense of the team caring for one another.
    Okay I didn't like Sam's pink jacket in the park. YUK.
    Someone else said something about not liking the kid praising Teal'c so much, minor problem for me.
    Am looking forward to finding out just what was the message that Daniel translated and it's significance.

And in spite of being a shipper I actually liked Pete. Fellow shippers, don't attack me please. I saw him more as a brother-figure for Sam then a romantic interest.

The show was a lot more entertaining to me than last week's.

"We came through and once more saw the stars." - Dante

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by EYU86
    Definitely the same sound effects as the Asgard transporters.

What happened to the hole in Teal'c's stomach?
    I know he's on tretonin, but... where'd the hole go.
    Could have put some kind of fake skin over it.

Actually I rather enjoyed this episode. I loved to see how Teal'c got along outside the SGC. I always wondered about that. His comment about watching home decorating shows was priceless.

I really don't understand why some of you are angry at the 'stalker' thing. It shows interaction with their fan base, and I found it quite humorous actually. I don't think it was meant to be insulting in the slightest.

I don't know exactly what I feel about the whole Pete/Sam thing. I haven't really thougth about it that much yet. All I could think about when the episode ended was "Sam/Jack shippers are going to have a field day with this one..."
    Daniel:Nyet
    Jack: Daniel?
    Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
    Jack: Nyet???

I also wanted to say I loved how Tealc's apartment was decorated. 2 thumbs up for that one. Daniel in civi's was awsome "Drools"

I loved the screen of the swat team on the black trucks on thier way to rescue Daniel.

Daniels mythology or saysing about relationships was awsome. I mean the way he talked about relationships.

I loved how jaffa couples handles relationships, "A weapon is required" now that was funny.

I am rewatching the ep and I think I am likeing it more than the first go around.

Beautiful sceenary! That grass was so grteen and so pretty.

The sceen with the candles and the silloitte of Tealc teaching the girl was so cool. Very pretty.

Chistopher is such a great actor. I like his saying "Has something transpired"?

I loved the nosey neighbor. The kitty cat was adorable she was holding.

Oh an RDA in that semi tight shirt when he asks for the report from Sam. OMGosh how sexy.

As I am 20 minutes into my 2ed veiwing I definatly like it much better but I still don't like the fact that she said yes and also the kiss and butt rub was just gross.

Well I could keep on typing as I am rewatching but my post would be huge. LOL

Fans who have watched for years are entitled to a positive resolution of the Jack-Sam relationship--the Pete option is not it.

Sometimes different is good! In this case, not so much I'm afraid.

I enjoyed the look at Teal'c trying to be a normal citizen of the planet Earth but it just came off as a little cliched. Poor Teal'c has to go back to the SGC, I guess, which makes me sad. He did look great tonight and I rather liked some of his scenes in the real world. He's picked up a lot of tips watching Trading Spaces!

Sam and Pete. *Sigh* You know I was originally in favor of a minor story arc that might explore the difficulties of having a personal life outside the SGC. Knew it wouldn't go anywhere but thought it might give Sam some interesting development. But jeez, this is really not the way to do it. Sam is coming off like a sap, frankly. She's not exactly looking like someone who can't wait to get married and if she's not ready she should have just said no. Blech... I'm surprised they didn't have Pete speak straight into the camera when he said the bit about stalking.

The bit with the NID, excuse me the "Trust", was kind of intriguing. A little one-dimensional in the "bad guy" department but I'm kind of interested to see where they turn up next.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...d_smallest.jpgLife is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Actually, I want to add one more thing that bothered me about the episode. It was a nagging feeling when I first watched, but it's really lingering as I think about the episode.

The whole bit where Sam talked about how glad she was that Pete didn't run away when he found out the truth about her career felt desperate. It has to take a pretty low self-image to think you have so little to offer a relationship that your career could scare somebody away that easily when plenty of other people at your workplace in your situation manage personal lives and families successfully. I hate seeing Sam look that desperate to make it work and hang onto something because they guy didn't die or run off. That's just sad and the wrong reason to stay in a relationship.

I feel sorry for her. I never really felt sorry for Sam before except in a wince on her behalf when she's injured sort of way. It's sad to see her like that. I want more for her than settling for the guy who didn't flee in terror.
    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

As I said, I am NOT a shipper. This is not about ship to me. This is about ... what I think is TPTB not being true to the character. They started trying to force things.

They wanted to break the "curse" so they set out to make a character that wouldn't die. In a show that wont guarrentee us that their most beloved characters wont die, that kind of immunity makes the character unnatural.

They were surprised by the fan reaction, and were dismissive of it. I think that they might have married themselves (pardon any implications) to the idea of the character to spite a fan base. To spite a fan base. Anyone else wondering why the heck they'd think that was a good idea?

To address the fan base, to tweek, dig, insult, tease, I don't know, they put a conversation in that seemed forced. It violated logic, and even made the character uncomfortable (Carter did not seem comfortable with the scene).

This is not about "shippers" or anti-"shippers". This is not about liking or disliking Pete (I actually don't have THAT much trouble with the fundamental character). This is about the writers, and TPTB forcing something.

I just wish they wouldn't.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse
    The sound effect was that of Asgard transporters, not rings. They both have very distinct sounds.
    Asgard transporters don't throw light across the room, and you saw a burst of light shine on unconscious Daniel and Krista.

You know, I didn't know how much people were against the Sam/Pete thing here. But, I'd like to speak up on behalf of 'Concerned Citizens Against Lame Pandering'.

Don't listen to them, producers! Do what's best for the storyline, not the safe predictable thing that all the fans beg for! Once you start pandering, you're on a slippery slope..

I agree about the 'too many episodes on earth' thing. It's like, without Jack's strong military presence they don't think they could write a good action episode. Either that or they're trying to save on set design...

Hey, maybe with all they've saved on set design this year, they won't have to do another clip show!

One thing that bothered me was how Daniel translated the symbols, i find it hard to believe he did it so quickly without any notes.

Also if Teal'c was smart he would've brought Krista to the SGC, she wouldn't have to see the gate or anything, just onto the surface part of the base would have been sufficient.