No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Spoilers]
    In the last scene where the team points weapons at one another, Daniel or Teal'c should have just gone ahead and shot Jack and zatted Siler, since Jack could not stop the reactor anyway and it would have eliminated two possibilities about who was the goauld. It also could have goaded Carter into firing.
    Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

I liked the camera movement while in the game scenario too, kinda Matrix-y. The resets got a little annoying after awhile, it went on slightly too long especially this part....

Look, Teal'c sitting down... now they're running past him

RESET

Here's Teal'c sitting at a different angle...

RESET

We got a bunch more angles to go- so here's Teal'c sitting at yet a different angle

Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
      RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Must have been the glasses.

Still not keen on the ep as a whole, but individual moments were pretty cool. I just can't shake the feeling that it was one giant commercial for the video game and that really bugs me...

ARRGGHHHH I had this big long detailed analysis typed out and then GW ATE it (before I even had a chance to preview it ). Not that anyone is really that interested in what I had to say but to summarise......

It's nice to know I'm not the only one thinking these things! Maybe it's just that I'm not much into computer games *ducks from cries of outrage from computer gamers ), but I didn't much like the "computer game vision" stuff. (rapidly........ losing...... interest!.... ). Luckily it didn't last too much longer after that.

I like this doctor much more than the chick from the last ep (forget the name). I only wish he wasn't a guy, we're distinctly lacking in women on the show lately *grumble grumble*.

Right, let's see if I can get this to post without GW eating it....

Comment

Yeppers. Liked the doc. I can't say particularly why, though. Maybe because the actor's performance isn't quite as deadpan as Alisen's. He has inflection and tone and more than one expression...

Comment

Yeppers. Liked the doc. I can't say particularly why, though. Maybe because the actor's performance isn't quite as deadpan as Alisen's. He has inflection and tone and more than one expression...
            Yeah, I think that's it. Alisen seemed very...... stiff.... I could get to like this guy OK, he's no Janet *sniff*, but it's unreasonable to expect him to measure up to a character we spent 7 years with....

BTW, your new sig cracked me up! Might one enquire who your squishy is.... *cough Muttley cough* Personally I love Bruuuuuce "maaate" (maybe it's the kiwi in me )

Comment

Yes, this doc was so much better, that woman one reminded me of a female version of Ben Stein- but more monotone. Although, you can never replace Dr. Fraiser.
              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                Right now, my one quibble is 'armoury'
                Easily explained. Either Dr. Lee or one of his co-workers who helped him programmed the simulation has a Canadian or British background, hence "armoury " and "armour" rather than "armory" and "armor".
                To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                  Yeah, I think that's it. Alisen seemed very...... stiff.... I could get to like this guy OK, he's no Janet *sniff*, but it's unreasonable to expect him to measure up to a character we spent 7 years with....
                  It isn't that I expect ANY doctor to be like Fraiser. I don't. I expect them to be themself. But I didn't get any sense of "self" from Alisen's character. I did, however, get a bit of one from... er... the guy, though.

BTW, your new sig cracked me up! Might one enquire who your squishy is.... *cough Muttley cough*
                  You can ask, but I'm under no obligation to tell.

Comment

Still not keen on the ep as a whole, but individual moments were pretty cool. I just can't shake the feeling that it was one giant commercial for the video game and that really bugs me...
                    Look beyond the video game marketing angle and just consider the episode itself. Did you enjoy it? And if you did, then nothing else really matters.

Personally, I found this episode as fun as the X-Files episode which had Mulder and Scully trapped inside a video game. Maybe even more fun, since I like SG-1 more than X-Files.

Despite the "game resets", the repetition was really quite minimal. And who would have thought you could get such an emotional journey from the stoic character of Teal'c, and in a video game setting, no less!

Overall, tight script, great direction, fine acting. More of the same, please!
                    To Infinity And Beyond!

Comment

BTW, your new sig cracked me up! Might one enquire who your squishy is.... *cough Muttley cough* Personally I love Bruuuuuce "maaate" (maybe it's the kiwi in me )
                      I'll spill the beans... It's a quote from "Finding Nemo".
                      To Infinity And Beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
                        I'll spill the beans... It's a quote from "Finding Nemo".
                        The movie is known. What isn't known is the identity of MY "Squishy". And I'm not telling.

The ep as a whole... even disregarding the gaming angle, it didn't do a lot for me. It was a backwards attempt at character development for Teal'c, but I think it could have been handled a better way. I dunno what way, but something different...

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
                          Personally, I found this episode as fun as the X-Files episode which had Mulder and Scully trapped inside a video game. Maybe even more fun, since I like SG-1 more than X-Files.

Wow! I thought I was the only one who thought of The X-Files ep. But then,I think every sci Fi show has to have an episode where a character gets stuck in VR. Probably some kind of unwritten rule they have.

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                            Wow! I thought I was the only one who thought of The X-Files ep.
                            Oh, I thought of it, believe me. But I haven't seen that ep and am trying desperately not to think about it. It sounded incredibly asinine for X-Files (even at that point in the series) and I don't want that to pollute Stargate any more than strictly necessary.

Comment

The movie is known. What isn't known is the identity of MY "Squishy". And I'm not telling.

The ep as a whole... even disregarding the gaming angle, it didn't do a lot for me. It was a backwards attempt at character development for Teal'c, but I think it could have been handled a better way. I dunno what way, but something different...
                              well, if it's character development for Teal'c you're looking for then next weeks ep sounds like one for you....

Comment

well, if it's character development for Teal'c you're looking for then next weeks ep sounds like one for you....
                                Actually, next week's ep sounds even more cringe-inducing than this week's.

Comment

Working...
                                X