Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mio
    I couldn't help but laugh when the computer screen said 'Armor 100%'
    Yah reminded me exactly of Doom or something, or maybe other games like it, like Half-Life.

Also, didn't anyone just laugh a little at Daniel getting shot a few times when he first entered the game?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I really wasn't looking forward to this episode, video games and shoot-em-ups not being my favorites, but I ended up really enjoying it!

The production and direction of the episode was very cool with the video game graphics they edited into the live action shots. The repeated loops of the game - it was great.

Poor Teal'c losing heart in the middle there just made me want to hug him. I'm glad Daniel came in to give him a helping hand because I really can't stand to see Teal'c like that. Nice to see Chevron Guy and Siler getting their moments, especially Siler.. Hee

Avatar ended up giving us some interesting insights into Teal'c's character and I really didn't expect that from this episode -- what a nice surprise! I'm really enjoying seeing Sam and Daniel and Teal'c as more of a team this year and even with RDA's limited presence I thought his time was again used very effectively in this episode. The face-off at the end between the teammates was an interesting scene and they all survived and won the game. 'Cause "that's what we do". I love my team.
      Last edited by keshou; 14 August 2004, 08:44 AM.
      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I loved this episode! This is one of the best I have seen in a while. IMO, the last scene where Teal'c had to choose to trust O'neill, DJ, and Carter showed that he beat the game because he has faith and trust in his teammates that with them they will beat the Goa'uld...of course that is what I took from it also loved the look on Teal'c's face when he shot DJ the first time...great ep

Comment

A pity we didn't get to see:

The Return of the Gamekeeper!

I miss him!

"I told you they will ruin everything! First, the garden. Next, the entire planet!!!!"
          sigpic

Comment

It got depressing a little when Teal'c just gave up and sat down for a few resets, and yes, i also thought RDA's limited schedule didn't show in this episode.

Me also loved near the beginning of the episode, where Jack talked about a Beginner's difficulty

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
              Me also loved near the beginning of the episode, where Jack insisted on a Beginner's difficulty
              Loved Lee's comment about that... And the sudden back-pedalling he did after he said it. hehe. Poor guy...

Comment

Who else thought the CG Daniel had wierd eyebrows?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  Who else thought the CG Daniel had wierd eyebrows?

Good thing sci-fi repeats the episode, so i can focus on the eyebrows, because i didn't really pay attention the first time, haha...

Comment

One thing that bugged me... In every scenario we saw, Jack died almost immediately. And yet... he showed up at the END of the last scenario. He would have been my prime pick as the goa'uld- how else could he have lasted so long? And yes, I know he's a master tactician and all that, but it still threw me. Of course, it was probably meant to be jarring...

Gotta say again how much I loved Siler's moment of glory. And the "eighteen million squibs". Well-used, every one of them.

Comment

Definetely a hilarious episode, I was cracking up the whole time. Favorites:

- the whole beginning dialogue
                      - "Armor: 100%"
                      - "I'm not a Goa'uld, don't shoot me!" *BAM*
                      - "Siler?!"

Also, did anyone else think the glowing eyes looked really wierd, especially Daniel?
                      Last edited by Redwall; 13 August 2004, 07:38 PM. Reason: typo
                      aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Redwall
                        Also, did anyone else think the glowing eyes looked really wierd, especially Daniel?
                        Must have been the glasses.

Still not keen on the ep as a whole, but individual moments were pretty cool. I just can't shake the feeling that it was one giant commercial for the video game and that really bugs me...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Must have been the glasses.

Still not keen on the ep as a whole, but individual moments were pretty cool. I just can't shake the feeling that it was one giant commercial for the video game and that really bugs me...
                          I don't think he was wearing glasses when he did the glowing eyes thing.

And yes, they did seem wierd. Very dark orange. Don't they use new special effects guys?
                          sigpic

Comment

I just saw the episode again, and it seemed like Daniel was wearing glasses. Maybe the reason for the unusual color is because we haven't seen the glowing eyes in a while, and maybe they forgot how to do it haha

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. It gave an interesting insight into the mind of Teal'c. I love the part when they are deciding who is going to go help Teal'c and they all say "I'll do it" at the exact same time. And when Daniel gets shot when he first enters the game.
                              Daniel:Nyet
                              Jack: Daniel?
                              Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
                              Jack: Nyet???

Comment

I think the game will be alright, concidering the video game scenes were done by the team that is making the real game. I hope it's different from other FPS games like they say, though.

Good episode. I liked it a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X