Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar (806)

Stargate Avatar (806)

Visit the Episode GuideDISCUSS ...
    EPISODE NUMBER - 806

Teal'c is trapped in a virtual reality simulation, in which he must defend the base from a Goa'uld super-soldier incursion.

Visit the Episode Guide >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; March 22nd, 2014 at 08:35 PM.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Default Re: Avatar (806)

Not too bad of an episode. The endless resets could have been boring, but they weren't because they were subtally different each time.

we got to see teal'c die like a dozen times, sam, jack even daniel all bought it.

it was an interesting delving into teal'c's mind and the plot twist at the end, priceless!

Right now, my one quibble is 'armoury'

Suspense, drama, no glaring plot holes. An exploration of Tela'c, doctor Lee, the return of Tomin from Learning curve as a doctor at the sgc, some cool, if slightly geeky, 3D graphics of the 'game'

definitely an interesing hour

whew! You guys had me worried! I was wondering if I was gonna post the first reply to this!
    Anyway, who didn't guess it would take the "team" working together to solve the problem?? (me likes!).
    OK, minor technical difficulties here..... more comments later...

Skydiving like the good lemming I am...;)

Gads! Loved this ep!!

Funny, high body count, a good bit of Jack, and the end had a cool twist (seems they're putting in a lot of twists this year)!!

Kind of like 'Window of Opportunity' on crack--interesting twists every time. LMAO at Chevron Guy and Siler!! Chevron Guy got to die (in his chair, no less) and Siler as Goa'uld--TOO FUNNY!!! Nice team scene at the end--ROFL at that!!!

All in all, loved it!! Definitely going to watch it several times!
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming
    http://www.marimba26.com/Banners/marimba.jpg

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Chief Master Sergeant the adventurer's Avatar

Fitting that the final objective is to have all of SG-1 survive. Notice how everytime Teal'k failed, it proceaded the death of another member of SG-1. So in the end, Teal'k wasn't fighting the Gou'ald, he was preserving his team and defeating the Gou'ald

I thought it was a good episode!! Every reset was different from the one before it, which made the episode very interesting.

Probie

As soon as I saw the graphics for the simulation I started praying that the SG-1 video game would be half as cool.

Oh I loved it!!!

I want a StarGate video game like that , Those graphics were so cool, I really like the game graphics of Daniel Jackson.

I really like Siler being a snake.

I loved the twists and turns.

I also loved knowing Teal'c played DOOM.

This was a great Ep!

Quote Originally Posted by Faith
    Oh I loved it!!!

I want a StarGate video game like that , Those graphics were so cool, I really like the game graphics of Daniel Jackson.

I really like Siler being a snake.

I loved the twists and turns.

I also loved knowing Teal'c played DOOM.

This was a great Ep!
    Remember to use spoiler space

SPOILER SPACE

Very nice Teal'c ep and great Team part at the end.

Jack's Matrix line, too classic.

Teal'c having played Def Jem Vendetta, that really intrigues me, I wonder what character he would most use, DMX I'm thinking.

Teal'c playing DOOM, heh, right before Avatar came on, I myself was playing DOOM3, and I've got to say, no game currently out there can even begin to compete with DOOM3's graphics, but that virtuality game was very close, and there was no lag whatsoever on that screen we saw, wish I could play DOOM3 on a computer like that, could crank it all the way up to ultra settings and get no lag, guess that would be a perk for Teal'c, playing a game like DOOM3 on a extremely soupped up computer.

Great twist at the end also, and Siler being a snake lol.

Chalk up another "It's what we do"

Wonder how many more we're gonna get before season is over.

Umm... Question. Isn't this the ep discussion thread? So doesn't that imply, by its nature, that it has SPOILERS?

As for the ep... eh... the body count stuff was fun, but the resets got a little tedious for me. Yay to Siler, though, he got his ante upped for a little while. Loved the reactions. "SILER?!" *boggle* hehe

Also, it seemed an awful lot like a giant advertisement for the upcoming SG-1 game...

Probie

I half tuned out when I heard that there wasn't an external shutoff - I couldn't stop thinking how dumb that was. But I loved the last 10 minutes!

The last last scene seemed to end very abruptly - was somewhat jolting.

Always good to see Dr. Lee. I liked how the other scientists in the background beamed at their accomplishments in being test subjects.

Yes this is a ep discussion thread so no spoiler space needed as far as I know.

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus
    I half tuned out when I heard that there wasn't an external shutoff - I couldn't stop thinking how dumb that was. But I loved the last 10 minutes!

The last last scene seemed to end very abruptly - was somewhat jolting.

Always good to see Dr. Lee. I liked how the other scientists in the background beamed at their accomplishments in being test subjects.
    Yah, that scene i laughed a little Also, i loved that many of the background characters such as Dr. Lee, Siler, and Davis (although hes in many of the episodes), are showing up to make appearences

I couldn't help but laugh when the computer screen said 'Armor 100%'

Quote Originally Posted by Mio
    I couldn't help but laugh when the computer screen said 'Armor 100%'
    Yah reminded me exactly of Doom or something, or maybe other games like it, like Half-Life.

Also, didn't anyone just laugh a little at Daniel getting shot a few times when he first entered the game?

I really wasn't looking forward to this episode, video games and shoot-em-ups not being my favorites, but I ended up really enjoying it!

The production and direction of the episode was very cool with the video game graphics they edited into the live action shots. The repeated loops of the game - it was great.

Poor Teal'c losing heart in the middle there just made me want to hug him. I'm glad Daniel came in to give him a helping hand because I really can't stand to see Teal'c like that. Nice to see Chevron Guy and Siler getting their moments, especially Siler.. Hee

Avatar ended up giving us some interesting insights into Teal'c's character and I really didn't expect that from this episode -- what a nice surprise! I'm really enjoying seeing Sam and Daniel and Teal'c as more of a team this year and even with RDA's limited presence I thought his time was again used very effectively in this episode. The face-off at the end between the teammates was an interesting scene and they all survived and won the game. 'Cause "that's what we do". I love my team.
    Last edited by Kes; August 14th, 2004 at 08:44 AM.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...d_smallest.jpgLife is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Staff Sergeant They call me Tim's Avatar

I loved this episode! This is one of the best I have seen in a while. IMO, the last scene where Teal'c had to choose to trust O'neill, DJ, and Carter showed that he beat the game because he has faith and trust in his teammates that with them they will beat the Goa'uld...of course that is what I took from it also loved the look on Teal'c's face when he shot DJ the first time...great ep

A pity we didn't get to see:

The Return of the Gamekeeper!

I miss him!

"I told you they will ruin everything! First, the garden. Next, the entire planet!!!!"

It got depressing a little when Teal'c just gave up and sat down for a few resets, and yes, i also thought RDA's limited schedule didn't show in this episode.

Me also loved near the beginning of the episode, where Jack talked about a Beginner's difficulty

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast