No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    As an RPG ADDICT I think I saw this episode in a different light. I had a blast watching it !!

When Teal'c just WOULD NOT GIVE UP and then just sat down
    I totally understood his frustation and pain. That need to defeat THAT ONE enemy that continuously eludes you.

Little bits and pieces - All the scientists grinning in the background was a hoot
    -Liked the Dr. He made his part memerable for me, especially with that *Pulp Fiction* moment. Jack "I don't want to see that again"
    -RDA's time was used well yet again - very nice
    -*Action Jackson* was Daniel's new name to Hubs
    - It was nice to see so many characters used that we have come to know over the seasons. That was really fun
    - SILER!!!! need I say more
    - all three saying "I would" when told the risk of going in to save Teal'c

and last but not least CJ did an excellent job in my opinion. It was nice to see more depth in his character. Bravo CJ

overall I just had a lot of fun watching this episode, It had team galore and it had action. It had moments for everyone. I just really enjoyed it.
    I share your RPG loving When that third kull warrior phases in like a predator (the movie), i was like, did the game just add a kull warrior, or can the kull warrior cloak. Was the lady scientist who was among the other scientists in the background the same one from the episode Avenger 2.0?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Stncold
      SPOILER SPACE

Very nice Teal'c ep and great Team part at the end.

Jack's Matrix line, too classic.

Teal'c having played Def Jem Vendetta, that really intrigues me, I wonder what character he would most use, DMX I'm thinking.

Teal'c playing DOOM, heh, right before Avatar came on, I myself was playing DOOM3, and I've got to say, no game currently out there can even begin to compete with DOOM3's graphics, but that virtuality game was very close, and there was no lag whatsoever on that screen we saw, wish I could play DOOM3 on a computer like that, could crank it all the way up to ultra settings and get no lag, guess that would be a perk for Teal'c, playing a game like DOOM3 on a extremely soupped up computer.

Great twist at the end also, and Siler being a snake lol.

Chalk up another "It's what we do"

Wonder how many more we're gonna get before season is over.
      Do you know why Teal/c said he played Def Jam: Vendetta? It's because Christopher Judge(Teal'c) was the voice of the final boss in that game. I remember renting it and at the beginning there was a cut scene and the voice that said the monologue sounded familiar so I looked in the manual for the game and found out Christopher Judge did that voice.

Comment

I really enjoyed watching this one, it was fun. Loved the Matrix comment, I only saw the first one but I gotta agree. I didn't expect Siler to be the goa'uld that was a nice twist, I was half expecting either Jack or Sam's eyes to start glowing. And they got to blow the SGC up and kill all the major characters how often do they get to do that! I'm gonna have to watch this one again later, I know I probably missed some things, always do in my first viewing. I can't believe there's only 4 more episodes until the mid-season break, sure has gone by fast.
        "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Avatar was a lot of fun, but like last week, it's just another filler ep. No actual impact upon the arc of Stargate. I really hope Season 8 doesn't end up like the first half of Season 7, with 6 from 11 eps as just Filler. So far we're 2 from 6, which is better odds, but I'm still wary.

BYE
          "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
            well, was that an off colour joke of Jack's (well, I suspect it was RDA being RDA ) about um, "it not being to hard... I mean difficult".... ??(or I have been spending entirely too much time in the gutter ).
            Well I guess I'm in the gutter too because that's exactly where my mind went! LOL! I'd bet money it was an RDA adlib.
            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Howdy Campers

I'm posting this before I read anyone else's replies -- AOL has been seizing on me and I want to get my thoughts out before it inevitably does it again. So, "Avatar"...

* Quite a good episode, better than what I had thought after seeing the advertisements all week.

* The team dynamics were there for a few fleeting moments at a time, even though it all took place at the SGC. I loved the "You might have done it again, sir" remark from Carter.

* The whole videogame aspect -- I'm a gamer myself (less now than I used to be -- probably a good thing) and I like First Person Shooters -- this is what the CGI graphics the team was seeing appeared to be like. The concept was neat -- being stuck in a game. I'd love to try it! Maybe this will spark a SG-1 game...

* The new doctor was nice. Not Dr Fraiser by any means, but he sure beat the pants off the one in "Lockdown."

* I loved the ending -- it just felt like SG-1 had "come home" for a while.

I don't know why I really liked this episode. O'Neill wasn't present much, which usually slows things down for me. But when he was there, he was there and that made it worth it. The story was good, believable, and it flowed well. Maybe I'm just a sucker for VR stuff, I dunno.
              Bander

"LTS" -- Mr. Richard Dean Anderson

"I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

This ep ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it. It was suspenseful, dramatic. I love how they made it look like a real video game. CJ was incredible!!!!!!!!! It was the BEST EP so far this season!!!!!!!!!!!

I just finished watching the DL. If it looks this awesome on my computer, I can''t wait to see it on my TV. WOW!!!!! It had a lot of twists. I was on the edge of my chair.

I like how it was Daniel who went into help him. It made sense. He was Thunkable!!!!
                sigpic
                Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by the adventurer
                  Fitting that the final objective is to have all of SG-1 survive. Notice how everytime Teal'k failed, it proceaded the death of another member of SG-1. So in the end, Teal'k wasn't fighting the Gou'ald, he was preserving his team and defeating the Gou'ald
                  WOW That is a great point!!!!!!!! I never thought of it like that but it is so true.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                    um, thanks! But as Shadow mentioned I know what movie the quote is from, I was just teasing her about the identity of "Squishy" There is much to admire in Finding Nemo, and I get to admire it frequently when watching my best friends kids

Oh! On topic you say?? well, was that an off colour joke of Jack's (well, I suspect it was RDA being RDA ) about um, "it not being to hard... I mean difficult".... ??(or I have been spending entirely too much time in the gutter ).
                    I thought the same thing about the "hard" comment. Time spent in the gutter is never wasted time.
                    sigpic

Comment

I loved Daniel´s "What?!", when he´s talking to Teal'c in the sickbay, it sounded very much like how Jack would say it.

The Matrix-remark was great and so was Jack´s line about how: "Obviously there´s something defected with this thing" in response to Teal'c saying O´Neill dies well in battle.

I really want to see more of Dr. Lee in future episodes, he was a lot of fun.

All in all, a highly enjoyable episode. And I´m not even a 'game'-person.
                      Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Great episode! I loved the scenes shown in the video game format, and especially the panning shots when Daniel entered the game. Very "Dead Zone"-esque, but really cool. The episode even subdued my impulsive channel-changing for fear I'd miss something (a pretty impressive feat, actually).
                        "Dogs are my favorite people"

Comment

OK, I really like this ep...It was well done and well written, and as a lot of people have said it could have gone the other way.....

I was great to see the insight into the mind of Teal'c....and his never give up attitude and that little part of him that doubted about being able to defeat the Goul'd....

Love the three of them all saying "I'll do it" at the same time, (they really are a family)...and it made perfect since to me that it was Daniel that did it....as Carter said they didn't need Jack's Black Op's mind in there and it made since that Carter was stay out because of her science background and the possibility that she might be about to him, so we get Daniel in the Game (Thunk)....

Love the first few time around with Teal'c killing Daniel and his little comments about that...something like "I'm going to have to get use to this"...

I really enjoyed the end where it was the "team" that came together...I think someone said this earlier but I think it showed that no one person is going to defeat the Goul'd but as a team having faith in each other that goal is attainable (sp?)

Comment

and it made perfect since to me that it was Daniel that did it....as Carter said they didn't need Jack's Black Op's mind in there and it made since that Carter was stay out because of her science background and the possibility that she might be about to him, so we get Daniel in the Game (Thunk)....
                            Yeah, it was precisely because Jack had so much military skill that he couldn't go in. Probably Sam, too. The game might have incorporated them and made it even harder.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

So it was Daniel's general incompetence ("lack of experience"?) that made him get selected? LOL!

Gotta say, though, the "It's what we do" thing was funny the first couple of times, but I think they can give it a rest, now...

Comment

I never really caught the other times they said that line, but i guess it can get tired, haha... Well i guess Daniel was perfect, since he wasn't really a military expert or something, but the 2 seconds did help
                                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                                X