No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
    I'll spill the beans... It's a quote from "Finding Nemo".
    um, thanks! But as Shadow mentioned I know what movie the quote is from, I was just teasing her about the identity of "Squishy" There is much to admire in Finding Nemo, and I get to admire it frequently when watching my best friends kids

Oh! On topic you say?? well, was that an off colour joke of Jack's (well, I suspect it was RDA being RDA ) about um, "it not being to hard... I mean difficult".... ??(or I have been spending entirely too much time in the gutter ).

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Actually, next week's ep sounds even more cringe-inducing than this week's.
      You and me both think so...... for the same reason! but we fear entirely opposite outcomes I suspect!
      I'll take refuge in the shipper thread, and you can toss off colour taunts at us from the safety of your sulky thread

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
        Oh! On topic you say?? well, was that an off colour joke of Jack's (well, I suspect it was RDA being RDA ) about um, "it not being to hard... I mean difficult".... ??(or I have been spending entirely too much time in the gutter ).
        I wondered about that. It seemed like an illogical correction. Was it meant to be off-color (and if so, puh-lease! Talk about pathetic!) or was it just Jack trying to use a mildly fancier word (OOo, three syllables instead of one!)?
        Last edited by ShadowMaat; 13 August 2004, 09:35 PM. Reason: stupid typo

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          I wondered about that. It seemed like an illogical correction. Was it meant to be off-color (and if so, puh-lease! Talk about pathetic!) or was it just Jack trying to use a mildly fancier work (OOo, three syllables instead of one!)?
          I just figured it was one of RDA's infamous ad-libs and it got left in (kinda like the "Who's your Daddy!" line in New Order. It really didn't make sense as anything other than an off-colour joke ( to me at least if it came across as something else to everyone but me I really AM spending too much time in the gutter ).

Comment

I liked this episode a whole lot more than I thought I would. The Gamekeeper is my least favortite Stargate episode so I groaned aloud when I found out the premise of this episode and the commercial for it didn't inspire any confidence either, but it wasn't near as repetitive or dull as I feared it would be. I loved that Siler was the Gou'ald and the team's reaction to it. I was kind of suprised that it was Daniel that they sent in just because I figured they would want to send in someone with more combat training but thinking back on it I guess it makes sense. I know it was supposed to be serious but I couldn't help myself from chuckling every time Daniel shot Teal'c. All in all I really enjoyed it.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

This is exactly why all games need to have built in cheat codes!
              Games 'n Stuff

Comment

Haven't read all the comments but still feeling like i should post my stuff.

WOW, I LOVED this episode. I thought it was wanna be ok, turned out to be great.

Only one thing to compain on. Why didn't Teal'c just blow up the base himself? That would remove the treath.

Comment

This could turn out to be a major episode in the world of StarGate.

No longer do they have to train cadettes the regular way. When you think they are ready to go off-world, put them in the chairs and let them do a mission.

Practising shooting with Zats and Staff weapons would also be possible.

New pilots can feel how the F-302 is in combat.

They can start seeing how it would work if they went "all stealth". I mean silencers on everything, Headshots only. Stabs to the lungs with a knife. Surpressed sniper rifles. Those needle shooters.

The possibilities are endless. They just have to fix that failsafe....

I'll think up some more soon.

Comment

This episode is probably the first real 'fun' episode this season. It was really enjoyable..the kind of episode you don't have to take seriously. Each season needs a few of those. Seeing Teal'c continuously get screwed in the simulation was engaging. They took a premise that could have been rote and tacky and made it really cool. Stargate tends to do that.

I'm glad this one turned out to be better than expected, since Atlantis did one of those 'primitive world with some strange ritual custom' episodes, which was also kind of done in a TNG episode.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. I thought that we got to learn more about how Teal'c really thinks and feels when it comes to the 'fight'. The importance of his friends and the defeat of his enemy.

I also thought it was good to see Teal'c in a state of defeat. It showed how he is vulnerable.
                      No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                        Who else thought the CG Daniel had wierd eyebrows?

CG Daniel reminds me of Gordon Freeman in the computer game Half-Life.
                        To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Definitely can't be an ad for the video game, since it won't be available anywhere for at least another year.

I loved this episode. It was a cool idea that could have gone either way in execution; leave it to Martin Wood to make it awesome. The animation sequences could have been tacky, but Perception did great and it gives me great hope for the quality of next year's PC / console game.

And hey, we got some pretty major character development for Teal'c! It's a stunning revelation to think that, at least subconsciously, he doesn't believe the Goa'uld can truly be defeated. He's always been Mr. Positive. ("False god. Dead false god."

On a personal note, this is the one they were shooting when I was on set in April, which made it extra cool to watch. I saw them filming the scene where the super-soldier shoots up the lab, Daniel loads the power cell, and leaps out to shoot him down. Then they wandered over to the corridor and did the scene where Daniel zats Teal'c and confronts him on the floor.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

SciFi Channel has updated the "Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate Atlantis" sites with episode synopses, photos, sound bites, and video clips for this week:

STARGATE SG-1

Episode synopsis for "Avatar," four photos

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/episodes/season8/0806/

and a Teal'c sound bite on…His Favorite Videogame

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/episod...ealc_clip.html

Download preview video clip of "Affinity":

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/teaser/index.html

STARGATE ATLANTIS

Episode synopsis for "Childhood's End," plus four photos

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/episod...n1/episode106/

Download teaser clip for "Childhood's End":

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/episod...ideo_clip.html

DID YOU KNOW?

Wraith pilots routinely wear a bracelet that serves as a homing beacon. Upon activation, it silently pulses and grows red, transmitting its location through space — though not subspace, meaning its signals cannot transmit through a Stargate. McKay has speculated that there are relay devices on certain planets that pick up the transmission and alert the nearest Wraith ship.

Download teaser for "Poisoning the Well":

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/video/teaser.html

In the "Aliens" section, the fourth entry in the Wraith Journal:

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/aliens/

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
                            http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
                            http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                              On a personal note, this is the one they were shooting when I was on set in April, which made it extra cool to watch. I saw them filming the scene where the super-soldier shoots up the lab, Daniel loads the power cell, and leaps out to shoot him down. Then they wandered over to the corridor and did the scene where Daniel zats Teal'c and confronts him on the floor.
                              You lucky goose! I'm so jelous Haha... Must have been really kewl to see that, especially in person.
                              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

As an RPG ADDICT I think I saw this episode in a different light. I had a blast watching it !!

When Teal'c just WOULD NOT GIVE UP and then just sat down
                                I totally understood his frustation and pain. That need to defeat THAT ONE enemy that continuously eludes you.

Little bits and pieces - All the scientists grinning in the background was a hoot
                                -Liked the Dr. He made his part memerable for me, especially with that *Pulp Fiction* moment. Jack "I don't want to see that again"
                                -RDA's time was used well yet again - very nice
                                -*Action Jackson* was Daniel's new name to Hubs
                                - It was nice to see so many characters used that we have come to know over the seasons. That was really fun
                                - SILER!!!! need I say more
                                - all three saying "I would" when told the risk of going in to save Teal'c

and last but not least CJ did an excellent job in my opinion. It was nice to see more depth in his character. Bravo CJ

overall I just had a lot of fun watching this episode, It had team galore and it had action. It had moments for everyone. I just really enjoyed it.
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X