Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar (806)

Default Re: Avatar (806)

Quote Originally Posted by littlemigueljr
    Me also loved near the beginning of the episode, where Jack insisted on a Beginner's difficulty
    Loved Lee's comment about that... And the sudden back-pedalling he did after he said it. hehe. Poor guy...

Who else thought the CG Daniel had wierd eyebrows?

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mio
    Who else thought the CG Daniel had wierd eyebrows?

Good thing sci-fi repeats the episode, so i can focus on the eyebrows, because i didn't really pay attention the first time, haha...

One thing that bugged me... In every scenario we saw, Jack died almost immediately. And yet... he showed up at the END of the last scenario. He would have been my prime pick as the goa'uld- how else could he have lasted so long? And yes, I know he's a master tactician and all that, but it still threw me. Of course, it was probably meant to be jarring...

Gotta say again how much I loved Siler's moment of glory. And the "eighteen million squibs". Well-used, every one of them.

Definetely a hilarious episode, I was cracking up the whole time. Favorites:

- the whole beginning dialogue
    - "Armor: 100%"
    - "I'm not a Goa'uld, don't shoot me!" *BAM*
    - "Siler?!"

Also, did anyone else think the glowing eyes looked really wierd, especially Daniel?
    Last edited by Redwall; August 13th, 2004 at 07:38 PM. Reason: typo
    aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Quote Originally Posted by Redwall
    Also, did anyone else think the glowing eyes looked really wierd, especially Daniel?
    Must have been the glasses.

Still not keen on the ep as a whole, but individual moments were pretty cool. I just can't shake the feeling that it was one giant commercial for the video game and that really bugs me...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat

Still not keen on the ep as a whole, but individual moments were pretty cool. I just can't shake the feeling that it was one giant commercial for the video game and that really bugs me...
    I don't think he was wearing glasses when he did the glowing eyes thing.

And yes, they did seem wierd. Very dark orange. Don't they use new special effects guys?

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

I just saw the episode again, and it seemed like Daniel was wearing glasses. Maybe the reason for the unusual color is because we haven't seen the glowing eyes in a while, and maybe they forgot how to do it haha

I really enjoyed this episode. It gave an interesting insight into the mind of Teal'c. I love the part when they are deciding who is going to go help Teal'c and they all say "I'll do it" at the exact same time. And when Daniel gets shot when he first enters the game.
    Daniel:Nyet
    Jack: Daniel?
    Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
    Jack: Nyet???

Chief Master Sergeant Larry The Chevron Guy's Avatar

I think the game will be alright, concidering the video game scenes were done by the team that is making the real game. I hope it's different from other FPS games like they say, though.

Good episode. I liked it a lot.

[Spoilers]
    In the last scene where the team points weapons at one another, Daniel or Teal'c should have just gone ahead and shot Jack and zatted Siler, since Jack could not stop the reactor anyway and it would have eliminated two possibilities about who was the goauld. It also could have goaded Carter into firing.
    Causality should not be taken lightly.

I liked the camera movement while in the game scenario too, kinda Matrix-y. The resets got a little annoying after awhile, it went on slightly too long especially this part....

Look, Teal'c sitting down... now they're running past him

RESET

Here's Teal'c sitting at a different angle...

RESET

We got a bunch more angles to go- so here's Teal'c sitting at yet a different angle

Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

ARRGGHHHH I had this big long detailed analysis typed out and then GW ATE it (before I even had a chance to preview it ). Not that anyone is really that interested in what I had to say but to summarise......

It's nice to know I'm not the only one thinking these things! Maybe it's just that I'm not much into computer games *ducks from cries of outrage from computer gamers ), but I didn't much like the "computer game vision" stuff. (rapidly........ losing...... interest!.... ). Luckily it didn't last too much longer after that.

I like this doctor much more than the chick from the last ep (forget the name). I only wish he wasn't a guy, we're distinctly lacking in women on the show lately *grumble grumble*.

Right, let's see if I can get this to post without GW eating it....

Yeppers. Liked the doc. I can't say particularly why, though. Maybe because the actor's performance isn't quite as deadpan as Alisen's. He has inflection and tone and more than one expression...

Yeppers. Liked the doc. I can't say particularly why, though. Maybe because the actor's performance isn't quite as deadpan as Alisen's. He has inflection and tone and more than one expression...
    Yeah, I think that's it. Alisen seemed very...... stiff.... I could get to like this guy OK, he's no Janet *sniff*, but it's unreasonable to expect him to measure up to a character we spent 7 years with....

BTW, your new sig cracked me up! Might one enquire who your squishy is.... *cough Muttley cough* Personally I love Bruuuuuce "maaate" (maybe it's the kiwi in me )

Yes, this doc was so much better, that woman one reminded me of a female version of Ben Stein- but more monotone. Although, you can never replace Dr. Fraiser.
    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Second Lieutenant Buzz Lightyear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver
    Right now, my one quibble is 'armoury'
    Easily explained. Either Dr. Lee or one of his co-workers who helped him programmed the simulation has a Canadian or British background, hence "armoury " and "armour" rather than "armory" and "armor".
    To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigater
    Yeah, I think that's it. Alisen seemed very...... stiff.... I could get to like this guy OK, he's no Janet *sniff*, but it's unreasonable to expect him to measure up to a character we spent 7 years with....
    It isn't that I expect ANY doctor to be like Fraiser. I don't. I expect them to be themself. But I didn't get any sense of "self" from Alisen's character. I did, however, get a bit of one from... er... the guy, though.

BTW, your new sig cracked me up! Might one enquire who your squishy is.... *cough Muttley cough*
    You can ask, but I'm under no obligation to tell.

Thumbs up Re: Avatar (806)

Look beyond the video game marketing angle and just consider the episode itself. Did you enjoy it? And if you did, then nothing else really matters.

Personally, I found this episode as fun as the X-Files episode which had Mulder and Scully trapped inside a video game. Maybe even more fun, since I like SG-1 more than X-Files.

Despite the "game resets", the repetition was really quite minimal. And who would have thought you could get such an emotional journey from the stoic character of Teal'c, and in a video game setting, no less!

Overall, tight script, great direction, fine acting. More of the same, please!
    To Infinity And Beyond!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigater
    BTW, your new sig cracked me up! Might one enquire who your squishy is.... *cough Muttley cough* Personally I love Bruuuuuce "maaate" (maybe it's the kiwi in me )
    I'll spill the beans... It's a quote from "Finding Nemo".
    To Infinity And Beyond!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast