No announcement yet.

Icon (805)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm definitely in the minority here but I'll say it anyway: Finally! An episode I really enjoyed from start to finish!

This is a classic Stargate SG-1 story: innocently arrive on planet via Stargate, create a problem then do what's needed to fix it. All the acting and visual elements were right on target for the story they were telling. The few negative points I noticed were so minor it didn't matter.

I know this is going to become one of my rewatch favorites. Thank goodness for VCRs now and DVDs later.

Maybe there is some hope for Season 8 afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      My voice sounded deeper than usual because I was flanging it in an attempt to use my Spooky ShadowPowers to get Daniel to listen to common sense and back away from the woman, but he never did listen very well...
      Yeah, as this episode proved, Daniel seems to have NO common sense when it comes to the female gender... we'll have to teach him a lesson by the next episode. Using your Shadow Powers and my Kat Goddess Powers, it MIGHT JUST WORK! *Mad supervillian - I mean, superhero - laugh*
      Urgo: *Wff!*
      Daniel: Woof?

Daniel: *muffled* Dis ith da beth pae I'b ever had!

Jack: And Daniel said he wanted you to go with us to make sure this works?
      Daniel: I didn't say that.
      Nick: Yes!
      Jack: Okay!
      Daniel: Nick! You're taking advantage of me!

Weir: That's the bright side?
      Daniel: More of a slightly less dark side...

Comment

The ironic thing is, I've been complaining that Stargate needs more eps where SG-1 actually manages to screw things up instead of saving the day, but when we finally get an ep with that (sort of), I don't care for it. I'll have to be more specific next time.

Comment

I loved the off-world spinning gate, forgive me, as I've missed Zero Hour, but that was the first off-world spinning gate ever, right?
          Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
          Daniel: Niet.
          Jack: Daniel!
          Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
          -1969 (221)

Comment

Specific is good. Like, maybe one where everyone's still involved.

Comment

Originally posted by MadJaffa
              I loved the off-world spinning gate, forgive me, as I've missed Zero Hour, but that was the first off-world spinning gate ever, right?
              What do you mean? This is the first time we've seen a gate other than Earth's being activated, with the spinning and everything? I don't think so.
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

They werent "in love" they just trusted each other.

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

Wasn't Daniel suppose to speak Japanese or read something in Japanese in this episode? I'm pretty sure Joe Mallozzi said it was this episode...did I miss the scene or did Joe get the name of the episode wrong? Which can happen we are all human, well except Teal'c he's Jaffa. NOT Jaffar!

Pet peeve of mine!

Ace
                  "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Yeah, I think he got the name of the episode wrong, because, I'm studying Japanese, and there wasn't a SINGLE word of it. Maybe there will be further episodes with Amaterasu, considering Mallozzi also mentioned her and the fact that Daniel was speaking Japanese together.

Ouch! And how can someone write Jaffar and not J'affa?

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                      What do you mean? This is the first time we've seen a gate other than Earth's being activated, with the spinning and everything? I don't think so.
                      I don't remember ever seeing it spin before.
                      Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
                      Daniel: Niet.
                      Jack: Daniel!
                      Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
                      -1969 (221)

Comment

One of the things that really bothered me was the different camera that they used during some of the action scenes. It looked like the hurky jerky "action" camera that more and more films and shows are using. It just looked grainy and low budget.

Comment

Nope. It spins all the time. We've seen it on MANY an episode where they open the show with the landscape of a new world... then the gate activates and spins and FWOOSH - flushing sideways and either a MALP, SG-1, another SG team, or a bad guy comes through!

Comment

I thought offworld, outside gates didn't spin because they can't make a working gate that breaks down into pieces for easy hauling to location shots. The one in the studio is the only one that actually "works".

Or that was always my understanding of it.

Comment

Naw, I don't think that was it. I mean, I've seen episodes where the gate spins, and some episodes where it doesn't. I mean, I wonder if just has to do with whether or not they want the effect, I guess. I'm not sure, but I should look that up. I mean, the episode Shades of Grey - and I only remember this because I happened to watch it today - when Jack hides from the incoming team, the gate spins before SG-1 comes through. Then it spins when he dials again. I dunno. It's another one of those "Just accept it" things.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                I thought offworld, outside gates didn't spin because they can't make a working gate that breaks down into pieces for easy hauling to location shots. The one in the studio is the only one that actually "works".

Or that was always my understanding of it.
                                That's my understanding too. Now it could be they insert the spinning element we saw using CGI. The iris closing is CGI as I recall.
                                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                                X