No announcement yet.

Icon (805)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an average episode. Not the worst by any means, but below the standard set by the first three episodes of the season. I think the premise of the arrival of SG-1 setting off a war had potential but I never felt that involved in the story. I think most of the action being played out in the bunker made it seem a little flat; it just wasn't very convincing that two nations were involved in a great conflict.

The homage at the beginning to "English Patient" was an interesting way to start the story but the jumping back and forth to the flashback scenes was a little jarring at times.

By far the most irritating thing was the er....."thing" that Leda developed for Daniel. Kind of came out of left field and well...why does everyone have to fall in love with SG-1? Not necessary and it's becoming quite the cliche. Otherwise I liked Leda, although I know I've seen that actress in a previous episode. Can't remember which one.

Daniel did look nice in his leather jacket, though.
    Last edited by keshou; 06 August 2004, 07:26 PM.
    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Maybe off-world humans are attracted to the SG1 team But i didn't think Daniel and Leda would go as far as a touch on a face, but i don't know, i don't think Daniel's character would break up a marriage.
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by sg9fandom
        SPOILERS????????

Who else thought Saron was a Gou'ld? I was 1/2 expecting at the end for his eyes to GLOW especially since he went straight at them w/ a gun.

I was thinking he was kinda like SETH, he stayed on that planet until he could gain power once again.
        You aren't the only one who thought that Saron might be Gou'ald. I have half expected too.

Comment

Except with Kelowna/Langara situation, it was the countries that were at war, in this episode, it was a independant activist who threatened all of the world, and it didn't seem the countries were at war just yet, since they did have talks, and they did only destroy the weapons that could be used against the other country.
          Sorry to correct you, but they weren't "independant activists" they were religious fanatics and terrorists. Personally, I'm really getting tired of shows jumping on the terrorist bandwagon. Sure, they're the new bad guys in our world, but do we have to be reminded every time we turn on the television?

In my opinion this episode was blah. Better than meh, but only just barely.
          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Too bad he wasn't, we haven't seen a Goaúld eye-glow in a while! But i think i'm still satisfied that he wasn't.
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I really liked this episode, then again I love stories where there is a religious nut as the big bad guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                Personally, I'm really getting tired of shows jumping on the terrorist bandwagon. Sure, they're the new bad guys in our world, but do we have to be reminded every time we turn on the television?
                Amen to that. And the religious fanaticism to boot was a bit much. I get enough of this stuff on the nightly news. I don't need to see it in my entertainment too.

Comment

Yeah, definitely getting sick of religious terrorists. Considering my own personal religious choice is free-thinking, I would like to think that SciFi could try to jump on THAT bandwagon for a little while. Let's step away from the religions fighting for the sake of an episode. As for Michael Shanks's acting, it was REALLY good, and I think that you could tell that while Leda was all like "I helped you, let me worship you now...." Daniel was kinda like "Backing AWAY from the helpful native... back away... don't let it smell your fear..."

^_^

Sorry, I'm high as a kite from Ginger Ale and NyQuil, pardon me if my comments start to be a little loopy.
                  Urgo: *Wff!*
                  Daniel: Woof?

Daniel: *muffled* Dis ith da beth pae I'b ever had!

Jack: And Daniel said he wanted you to go with us to make sure this works?
                  Daniel: I didn't say that.
                  Nick: Yes!
                  Jack: Okay!
                  Daniel: Nick! You're taking advantage of me!

Weir: That's the bright side?
                  Daniel: More of a slightly less dark side...

Comment

Actually, I saw Daniel's reaching out to touch her face as encouraging her, not discouraging. Maybe you overheard me telling him to back away.

Comment

LOL... It was you! It was ALL you! I could hear you from my room, and in my heightened state of Daniel fandom I THOUGHT it was him! Well, that cleared it up! Well, either way, there was no romance, just a maybe-possibly-ifDanielwasstuckthereforever chance! ^_^
                      Urgo: *Wff!*
                      Daniel: Woof?

Daniel: *muffled* Dis ith da beth pae I'b ever had!

Jack: And Daniel said he wanted you to go with us to make sure this works?
                      Daniel: I didn't say that.
                      Nick: Yes!
                      Jack: Okay!
                      Daniel: Nick! You're taking advantage of me!

Weir: That's the bright side?
                      Daniel: More of a slightly less dark side...

Comment

SPOILERS????????

Who else thought Saron was a Gou'ld? I was 1/2 expecting at the end for his eyes to GLOW especially since he went straight at them w/ a gun.

I was thinking he was kinda like SETH, he stayed on that planet until he could gain power once again. OH WELL!

It was a good daniel episode, reminded me of past eps though...
                        Now that would've been a good twist, because I was expecting the same third-act revelation about Seth. And even without that, they totally dropped the ball on Saron's visit to the SGC. (Highlight for S4 "The Other Side" spoilers)

Jack had no trouble killing Alar because he was a Nazi-like racist monster. Saron's a crazy hyper-fundamentalist in roughly the same position, and they just let him waltz in and out of the facility like any other guest? We've treated System Lords worse than that! Guess that's what happens when Daniel isn't around to argue on behalf of humanity.

The episode was just so by-the-numbers. When a clip show like "Full Disclosure" is more entertaining than a whole new ep, we got problems, folks. Merely average shouldn't be good enough at this point.

Comment

I was disappointed with this episode. I found it too be very lack luster, boring and did I say boring? I forget, who wrote it?

Comment

Originally posted by TheKatGoddess
                            LOL... It was you! It was ALL you! I could hear you from my room, and in my heightened state of Daniel fandom I THOUGHT it was him! Well, that cleared it up! Well, either way, there was no romance, just a maybe-possibly-ifDanielwasstuckthereforever chance! ^_^
                            My voice sounded deeper than usual because I was flanging it in an attempt to use my Spooky ShadowPowers to get Daniel to listen to common sense and back away from the woman, but he never did listen very well...

Comment

Not their most inspired episode. I agree that it was boring. I ended up concentrating on my knitting during most of it.
                              Nurturing my Inner Geek...

Hooni

Comment

I thought the same thing. I was definitely expecting his eyes to glow at the end.

SPOILERS????????

I was thinking he was kinda like SETH, he stayed on that planet until he could gain power once again. OH WELL!

It was a good daniel episode, reminded me of past eps though...

Comment

Working...
                                X