No announcement yet.

Icon (805)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely didn't enjoy this ep. Found myself pausing it and going off to do other things.

Not much I feel I can say really. Didn't really feel like a Stargate ep.
    sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Man I'm sure I recognise the guy who plays Soren from something else, but I can't put my finger on it. I tried looking up his IMDB page, but it doesn't look like he's been in anything that I will have seen... *doh*
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Haven't we done this episode already? This episode just seems like a rehash of previous type episodes done in the past. An ideological war and two countries at a cold war stage has just been done before. I also find the whole Daniel being there really adds nothing to this episode. I don't really see the point of him being on the planet or how Homeworld Command would authorize such a thing. I will admitt to actually liking the first part because the team was off world for a change. That rarely happened in S8 and why it was so weak.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Another ep of SG1...

1. The way Daniel said his first lines...he could have lost his memory.

2. The flashbacks...was certainly an interesting way or doing things but...

3. This was the first time we saw the new SG1 offworld, the team didn't seem as much Jackless so much as down a man. I think I at one point eventually suggested that Lt Ford could have been better used on SG1.

4. Boy was Teal'c ripping apart Soren.

Decent ep but as I said first time round, shake 'n' bake!
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

lol

I was wondering how this episode was received, as my mind kept wandering, and I had to replay enough of it that it took about an hour to watch. Shockingly, it's at the bottom of the list of season 8 threads. Well, not anymore. So sorry!

For once I read Gateworld's analysis and notes posted in the OP just to see if there was anything more to the ep than what I got from it, and I at least appreciate the intention with which they created the story. It just wasn't compelling, unfortunately, and I don't even know what would make it better.

Oh, I know - none of that supposed romance between the woman and Daniel. I felt like I was going to scream if they actually kissed, which I thought was a distinct possibility.

A bandaged Daniel, a pretty woman, and a war-torn planet does not an English Patient make. Sorry, dude.
            Last edited by Janet Fraiser; 29 July 2015, 05:52 PM.
            rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Daniel Jackson, the good Samatarian, a nice woman, lots of bad, stupid guys and SG1 coming to create a new order - not exciting, not boring either. Nice fight though in the end.
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Why does Carter say "if" about and O'Neill question the accuracy of Teal'C translations?

Is Teal'C not fluent in the Gua'old language?

He was Aphopisis' First Prime - wouldn't he need to understand Gua'old to order be an effective First Prime?

Teal'C has translated the language in the past so why doubt him now?

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post
                  Why does Carter say "if" about and O'Neill question the accuracy of Teal'C translations?

Is Teal'C not fluent in the Gua'old language?

He was Aphopisis' First Prime - wouldn't he need to understand Gua'old to order be an effective First Prime?

Teal'C has translated the language in the past so why doubt him now?
                  Perhaps they are both worried about something going terribly wrong because they don't have more than some Goa'uld words to rely on. I don't think they really doubt T's translation. Double checking seems to make them feel better.
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

I found this episode a bit boring, truth be told.

It was an okay episode, it just dragged on a bit, especially the moments with Leda.

Comment

Well, after the excellence of Lockdown and Zero Hour, this is a bit of a let down.

It wasn't bad. It was an okay episode dealing with religious zealots and extremists ... If this episode was closer to 2016 rather than 2004, you could have made the comparison to IS. You know, if you don't believe what we believe, we'll destroy you.

"Crimes against humanity", what O'Neill calls it. I'd say it's closer to genocide, but who's nitpicking.

Daniel gets in the middle of it ... again... but luckily all turns out okay in the end -- sorta...

2 flaws in the episode that I noticed:
                      1) Leda has a full can of water in one shot, and a near half empty one in the next. Yet, it doesn't look like she actually poored the glass she's holding.
                      2) When Walter is calling Daniel over the radio, or attempting to, we see the reflection of the gate in the control room window. However, we should also be seeing the blue shimmer of the eventhorizon since it's open... but there is none. The effect of shimmering light is there, but the gate reflecting in the window is a closed one, without an open wormhole. At first, I thought the iris must be closed but that would mean less shimmering effect in the rest of the room, and that's not the case.

How would you rate SG-1's "Icon"?

Excellent
                      Good
                      Fair
                      Poor
                      Terrible
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Genocide is a crime against humanity. The greatest one of all.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          It wasn't bad. It was an okay episode dealing with religious zealots and extremists ... If this episode was closer to 2016 rather than 2004, you could have made the comparison to IS. You know, if you don't believe what we believe, we'll destroy you.
                          Given that it was 3 years after 2001, the comparison at the time was Al-Quaeda, who you can compare to IS (or vice versa), so sadly, your comparrison is still vaild even 15 years on.

Out of interest, how was the subject of this episode received at the time in the USA with that terrible day still fresh in everyones memories?

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                            Genocide is a crime against humanity. The greatest one of all.
                            Which he didn't actually say -- he just "crimes against humanity".
                            But semantics, I guess.

-------------------------------

3-episode quiz: Lockdown, Zero Hour & Icon

Jigsaw puzzle: Icon
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

18:13
                              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Meh. Its not bad but I kind of felt we have been here before. I'm also not a big fan of the random flashbacks. I do love Daniel's coded message. And yay for actually seeing SG1 actually going off the planet. I'm going fair just to be generous today
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X