• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icon (805)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON EIGHT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 805

Daniel is stranded on another planet after the team's arrival on an alien world sparks a violent civil war.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 10:24 PM.

Don't think this will go down as one of the best this season. Fairly mundane, despite the global war stuff. The Daniel/Leda thing is irritating to all hell. Can we just give the romance stuff a rest? For once? The Beautiful Alien Girl Falls for Daniel/Jack thing gets a little tedious. Why can't a woman want to help out because it's the right thing to do?? Why do they have to have a crush on someone from SG-1 in order to be motivated? Jeez. They did it with Jonas in S6, too.

Still, there IS some good stuff in here. And I really like the opening with the tourists. hehe.

Comment

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak(sp? Word?)"

Comment

Can this get stickied so it's not at the bottum of the folder?

Comment

well, thus far.....snnnnooooorrrrrreeeee

it definitely has some potential, showing the effects the sgc can have on established societies, liek they've done in the past...new ground, the cure, the other side, forsaken, among others.

However, i've found the flashbacks rather jarring and confusing. They kill all the drama like we had in Death Knell where we didn't see the missing and in jeopardy teammember for a good 20 minutes and literally didn't know thier status.

There's this huge honkin plot hole of them never mentioning grabbing Promie and going to get daniel, especially since this had to span several weeks given how Daniel's injuries have healed.

I kept waiting for the berets and bad french accents of the French Resistance....and can we ever have any other allusion to bad guys other than Nazi type???

I'd like to see them actually dealing with the ramifications of thier impact on the planet, how things have changed, etc. But given that it's 852, i don't think that's likely.

I think this will go down like Red Sky.....ok, had potential but fell flat.

For me, it needed some drama and uncertainty. I KNOW that daniel will be rescued, that's a given. Right now the only unanswered question is whether or not the baddie will die.

Well, now we know that the baddie is a nutbar murderer and yep....he dies.

Predictible SG1 'happy' ending.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

This was a average episode for me.

The props were crap though. I saw M1 Garand looking weapons, and Russian supmichene guns from WWII.

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

I liked it alot myself, setting off a cold war pepper keg get was an interesting plot device, I love the begining with the Tourist and the MALP

Comment

Oh and Something that took a second to figure out, those weren't Nuclear missle attacks just massive rocket bombardments. Which makes some sense from the apparent tech level (Mid Coldwar/WW2)

Comment

I happened to like it, but it wasn't the absolute best thing I'd watched. Being a Daniel fan should've made me like it, but, I was spending half the time enjoying and spending the other half of the time going "GEEZ, LEDA, YOU HAVE A HUSBAND!!! STOP WITH THE SWOONING!" Which is sad coming from an Daniel fan.
                  Urgo: *Wff!*
                  Daniel: Woof?

Daniel: *muffled* Dis ith da beth pae I'b ever had!

Jack: And Daniel said he wanted you to go with us to make sure this works?
                  Daniel: I didn't say that.
                  Nick: Yes!
                  Jack: Okay!
                  Daniel: Nick! You're taking advantage of me!

Weir: That's the bright side?
                  Daniel: More of a slightly less dark side...

Comment

As always, I'm posting my 1st thoughts on this ep before I read everyone else's post.

In a word... meh.

Aside from a few snarky lines from Jack, and a very nice kitchen (can you tell I just bought a house?), not much in this episode to write home about. In all, a combination of Memento and New Ground and the whole Kelowna/Langara thing. A rare direct rehash of previous episodes.

Not a TiVo keeper.
                    Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

I liked it, but it didn't knock down any of my top favorite episodes though.
                      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

The only part of this ep I liked was the gate, malp and tourists, The rest was crap in my opnion. I hate people going and fighting among thierselfs. Makes me sick at my stomache. This is why I do not like our human race here on earth. To violent, to full of hatred, too rude and harsh. People that is. This ius why I seclude myself but I won't go into anymore. I like eps where we can learn something.

Arg This ep made me upset, I have waited all week to watch and all I get is this. BAHHHHHHH.........
                        My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

Comment

Can't we quit with the romance stuff? Story was kind of dull, and the back and forth between then and now was confusing and too bouncy. Shanks acting was great, we had Team stuff and SG-1 acted like they cared if Daniel was okay or not which was good. But quit with everyone falling in love with everybody else, please!

Comment

SPOILERS????????

Who else thought Saron was a Gou'ld? I was 1/2 expecting at the end for his eyes to GLOW especially since he went straight at them w/ a gun.

I was thinking he was kinda like SETH, he stayed on that planet until he could gain power once again. OH WELL!

It was a good daniel episode, reminded me of past eps though...

Comment

Originally posted by taupecat
                              As always, I'm posting my 1st thoughts on this ep before I read everyone else's post.

In a word... meh.

Aside from a few snarky lines from Jack, and a very nice kitchen (can you tell I just bought a house?), not much in this episode to write home about. In all, a combination of Memento and New Ground and the whole Kelowna/Langara thing. A rare direct rehash of previous episodes.

Not a TiVo keeper.
                              Except with Kelowna/Langara situation, it was the countries that were at war, in this episode, it was a independant activist who threatened all of the world, and it didn't seem the countries were at war just yet, since they did have talks, and they did only destroy the weapons that could be used against the other country.
                              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                              X