This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Son of Abydos

In my boredom, I came up with something that could happen after the Ori conflict. I hope you like it!

Last Son of Abydos

Ghera is the son of Orah, brother of Sha're and Skaara, and also Daniel Jackson's nephew (by marriage). By strange circumstance, he was offworld when Abydos was laid waste by Anubis and the subsequent ascension of the Abydonians took place. He was unable to return home via stargate, due to the absence of a stargate on Abydos' devastated surface. He heard tales of how Daniel Jackson ascended, and heard from Jaffa survivors of the incident at Abydos that Daniel had freely handed over the Eye of Ra to Anubis, allowing him to "kill" the Abydonians. In a state of panic, Ghera stole a ship and raced to Abydos. What he found was a giant, glass-surfaced planet, due to the melting of the sand. Ghera vowed to destroy his uncle and everything his uncle stood for.

When the Ori invaded the galaxy, he wilfully enlisted into their army of followers. With an intense drive and determination, he worked his way up through the ranks, well aware of the coming demise of the Ori at the hands of the SGC. Only weeks before their fall, Ghera had told many hundreds of followers that the Ori would not last much longer, and when this came to pass, he was revered as a champion, laying claim to what the SGC had actually done. The newly-christened General Ghera took command of the Ori fleet, and was a threat to the rest of the Milky Way for years, building up armies and bringing entire worlds and races into his plan to obliterate all the work Earth and its allies had done to improve the galaxy. Using Asgard technology, he formed a time-bubble around the glass-encased Abydos, knowing that in the several million years that would pass inside the bubble, the rest of the interior of Abydos would cool, harden, and ultimately crystallize under the vast pressure of the dense surface and the intense heat from the sun, which it had moved slightly closer to due it's denser mass.

During the years in waiting, General Ghera pooled most of his resources into the construction of a massive device many times larger than a single Earth-sized planet. Also, in the mean time, the SGC hears occasional references to the "Abydos Star", unknowing who/what/where this is. The Earth-Allied forces, unaware of the now-completed device, discovered a massive stargate-like ring floating in space near the Gheran Fleet. Meeting the Gherans in battle, it is discovered that this giant stargate, or Worldgate, is ready to "ka-woosh". As it warms up, the massive, ship-like device that had secretly been under construction drops out of hyperspace far into the distance, as its gravity would draw both fleets to it's surface. The Worldgate finally activates, and through the blinding event horizon comes a giant, planet-sized crystal sphere. Daniel Jackson beams to Ghera's location on the giant ship to confront his nephew for the first time. Ghera explains that the glass world that they are looking at in their viewscreen is in fact Abydos. Aware of the irony, and because of it, the General refers to the planet as the Eye of Ghera, a title referring to the Eye of Ra, which Daniel Jackson gave to Anubis, leading to Abydos' destruction. Daniel tries to convince Ghera that the Abydonians did not truly die, but ascended to a higher plane of existence, and are actually living a better life. Ghera does not listen, and sets his plan into motion.

Abydos is lowered into a massive opening in the ship, and disappears inside. As many powerful beams penetrate the glass world inside the ship, it begins to glow with a piercing, penetrating light. Many light-years away, the Earth/Allies and the Gheran fleets both stop fighting when they see what appears to be an immensely bright star in the distance shine. Carter, Teal'c, Mitchell, and O'Neill suddenly realize that this is the secret "Abydos Star". Carter is struck with the revelation that Abydos is serving as a refracting prism for the many beams of light that is penetrating it, and that the massive ship is actually a device that, using the intense energy from the "Abydos Star", will collapse every reality onto the next, leading to the end of existence... every existence.

On board the Abydos Star, the sudden revelation of what is about to happen strikes Daniel. As Daniel and his nephew fight to the death, the Ancients, now aware of the threat to existence on their level, arrive in a beautiful display of light. Millions upon billions of shining points of light envelop the Abydos Star is a showcase of light that can be seen throughout the galaxy. Ghera is confronted by Skaara, Kasuf, Orah, and the other Abydonians shortly before the glass world explodes. Abydos shatters, the Abydos Star erupts, and a shockwave that appears to be a spherical event horizon spreads outward. The Ancients, however, succeed in suppressing the shockwave (several ascended beings, though, are sucked into the event horizon, presumably removed from existence). The Abydos Star, having been wrecked during the explosion that occured inside of it, begins to collapse inward. Daniel Jackson (who had been previously transported by the Ancients back to the Earth Fleet prior to Abydos' explosion) and the rest of the fleet enter hyperspace just in time to avoid the ensuing supernova (which annihilates the Gheran Fleet).

Everything is at peace once again. Back on Earth, it is noticed that tiny shards of the crystallized Abydos are flying throughout the galaxy. One curiously lands in Daniel Jackson's back yard, and Daniel smiles to himself, knowing that this last gift was from his friends the Abydonians.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You like it? This isn't so much a fanfic as it is an idea... Original, I had posted this in the General Discussion forum, because I'd seen Series Three and Stargate 2 ideas there, and figured this was in the same vein, but was kindly told to go here.
    There are parts I don't like... I couldn't figure out a good way for Ghera to gain power, so I just haphazardly threw in the whole Ori power-ladder deal. I especially feel that the whole "claiming he defeated the Ori" thing was pretty lame. Feel free to think of a better way he came to power. I'm curious how it could happen. Comments? Revisions? Commence!

Carson: Muh tuttles!

I like the begining, i like the end, but the ori worshiping, army raising stuff in the middle is a little strange. But i like the plot, its really cool.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Thanks.
      I don't like the whole Ori thing I did either, like I said. Someone think of a better way to bring Ghera to power!
      Thanks for your feedback and kind words!

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Working...
      X