Was River more sane after the movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was River more sane after the movie?

i was listening to the audio commentary for the move and after river vomits after seeing the recording joss mentions that she is sanner but really is river more normal now is she not going to have to deal with the problems that she had to deal with during the series?? what do you think
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Let me say what I think and hope it doesn't sound completely confusing.

Her sane moments were sanner and her insane moments were insanner.

Anybody understand what I just said and can explain it to me?

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

i get It
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yeah... I kinda get what I said...

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

I think the general notion is that after the events of the movie as a whole are done she is alot more normal. Just look at the discussion she has with Mal on the Bridge. It's pretty clear she is far more lucid there then she's ever really been.

Comment

I think getting rid of that heavy burden she's been carrying around for so long has given her more of her sanity back, yet she will remain the little looney for a while longer, since she can still sense what is going on everybody's mind. If you can't control what is seeping in, and what not...that must be very frustrating and it might cause some very insane moments.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I don't think she was ever truly insane. Disturbed. But not insane. I always felt that way and more so after the movie. I've always felt the word insane was used too casually.

My opinion, anyway.
              sigpic
              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                I don't think she was ever truly insane. Disturbed. But not insane. I always felt that way and more so after the movie. I've always felt the word insane was used too casually.

My opinion, anyway.
                I agree. So was more different/special, then insane...
                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Working...
                X