Temporal Agent Daniels... about his first appearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temporal Agent Daniels... about his first appearance

I recently saw the episode where daniels spoke to archer on enterprise in season 1. Something got me thinking...

When he was talking to trip about earth in the future he said "Illinois is still around, just not the illinois you know". As well when trip said "Well it's good to know earth is still around then"... then daniels says "Well that depends on what you define as earth".

Then in the season 1 finale... when he brings archer to the 31st century to avoid capture by the souleban. He's in whats supposed to be a building devoted to timeline protection, and daniels appears saying "10 minutes ago that view was the most beautiful thing you could imagine".

So earth apparently is around in some way in the 31st century, apparently the view is beautiful and the names of the cities are the same...

Anyone got ideas about what is different about earth in the 31st century.

Side Note: I don't know if they sacrificed style in the 31st century, or if things just went in a different direction. But Daniels uniform is slightly out if you know what i mean. I guess it's supposed to have micro tech integrated as the suite for purposes of time travel etc(explaining the shiny bits of it). I just find it interesting.
    And remember!

"Where there's a WILL... There's a WEAPON!"

- Nicolas Cage, Lord of War

"You can never be too rich, too stupid or too well armed!"

- Unknown

Can I hazard a guess and say that you're Canadian and you watched "Cold Front" on SPACE last Thursday? I caught that same bit again and was thinking the same thing- maybe there was some idea of what that would be about the the writers never got to it, or maybe it was something they threw in for an option of story-telling later, but I guess we'll never know.....Or it could have just been something that got added in on a whim, it's something interesting to speculate though- maybe time travel changed that era that Daniels was from in a way that wasn't apparent after it was all destroyed, and therefore Archer wouldn't have noticed when he was there? Perhaps it's not something aesthetic that makes Earth different in the thirty-first century.

Comment

Well your "hazardous guess" is right... I am from Canada, and B.C. like yourself if you're telling the truth about your location. Which town do you live in if i may be so bold?

My guess was that bringing archer into the future caused a chain reaction which allowed the souleban to attack earth and mess it up severely which resulted in what we see as the 31st century. All speculation what can i say....

And as well my guess about daniels comment "depends on what you define as earth", it's possible that time travel has changed his era into something completely different as you say. Time travel probably brings in a dimension of physics that we can't even begin to understand at this point. And possibly not for centuries to come. But we don't know if the star trek history will become ours, it all depends if World War 3 happens around 2050 as mentionned in first contact. That is if the Vulcans really do exist...

GAH! so much speculation

Your thoughts
      And remember!

- Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by MiniHerc
        Well your "hazardous guess" is right... I am from Canada, and B.C. like yourself if you're telling the truth about your location. Which town do you live in if i may be so bold?

My guess was that bringing archer into the future caused a chain reaction which allowed the souleban to attack earth and mess it up severely which resulted in what we see as the 31st century. All speculation what can i say....

And as well my guess about daniels comment "depends on what you define as earth", it's possible that time travel has changed his era into something completely different as you say. Time travel probably brings in a dimension of physics that we can't even begin to understand at this point. And possibly not for centuries to come. But we don't know if the star trek history will become ours, it all depends if World War 3 happens around 2050 as mentionned in first contact. That is if the Vulcans really do exist...

GAH! so much speculation

Your thoughts
        I like being right.....I'm in Nanaimo.

As Janeway says, "time travel gives me a headache", or maybe she said paradoxes, but either way, it's applicable.

*cough* *marks calendar for trip to Bozman (sp?) Montana for 2063*

Comment

Keeping your star trek years fresh in your head, i like it. But remember to book off the week of april 4th... thats when the enterprise crew comes and the vulcans land for F.C. *marks that date off in handy 2063 Calendar*
          *(that isn't going to be made for another 50 years)*

Btw... cool that you live in nanaimo, i live in surrey (south surrey), the nice part of surrey thats usually just called white rock
          And remember!

- Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by MiniHerc
            Keeping your star trek years fresh in your head, i like it. But remember to book off the week of april 4th... thats when the enterprise crew comes and the vulcans land for F.C. *marks that date off in handy 2063 Calendar*
            *(that isn't going to be made for another 50 years)*
            How early do think I need to get there to pitch my tent to get the best view of the ship landing?

And I'll also have to hunt down Captain Picard.....maybe hitch a ride aboard the Enterprise- there's a plan. Better get my Borg-combatting skills in order.....And at least have a pen and paper handy for an autograph (from Picard, not the Borg, althugh there's an interesting idea.....Think I could get an autograph from a Borg without suffering permanent damage?).

Comment

Isn't it possible that when Archer was transported into the future it wasn't actually Earth he was on? Maybe humanity relocated for one reason or another.
              scifiultraists.0catch.com
              Science Fiction news, reviews, and more

Comment

I would say it was Earth Archer was on, but very different to the Earth he knows. After all, it was a thousand years into the future. It would be like me going back 1000 years into the past and bringing a Glaswegian back to the present and saying, "this is Glasgow, but not the Glasgow you're familiar with." I'm very much sure he'd be astounded at the size of the city, and the volume of vehicles and people as they buzz about their daily lives.

Don't forget as well, Daniels mentioned he was "human, more or less," so that could mean Earth is not entirely populated by humans in the 31st century.
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                  Don't forget as well, Daniels mentioned he was "human, more or less," so that could mean Earth is not entirely populated by humans in the 31st century.
                  Or there has been interbreeding of species, or genetic manipulation, or some such.
                  sigpic
                  "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                    Sure a lot of people living on earth in the 23rd and 24th centuries musn't be fully human or human at all, including the Federation President.

Mini Herc, I wouldn't delve too deeply into that single line of dialogue. Probably just trying to give him something dramatic and cryptic to say to add some mystique without thinking too deeply what it actually implies.

Comment

Working...
                    X