This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargates better than it used to be!!

Ok this may turn into a rant but how and ever..

I am so sick of all these people who are like "What happened to my lovely show? Its crap now!" Well let me tell you! Stargate is so much goddam better now! We have ships now and an outpost in another galaxy! Whats not to like? I prefer the newer seasons so much more to the early seasons, Im not saying I hate the early ones but I just like the new! And anyway, In season 1 they had so much godam plotholes! Like Aphopis in the gateroom, how the hell did he dial out? And the rings were different! And the Stargate opened in a spiral fashion! And why the hell dont Ronan and Telya wear the ******* uniforms!?! If they want to stay in Atlantis, they must adhere to the dress code! And does anyone else hate Ronan? Remember in Ephinany when he says to Mckay: "Figure it out or your goin' in after him!" God, I hate Ronan, its about time he cut that hair....And the new show should so not be on a ship! It'll turn out like Star Trek an I hate Star Trek. Voyager was ok but the rest were crap! Why are they all called the Enterprise!?! That must get confusing!

Oh well....its turned into a rant..

Originally posted by Conor

I am so sick of all these people who are like "What happened to my lovely show? Its crap now!" Well let me tell you! Stargate is so much goddam better now! We have ships now and an outpost in another galaxy! Whats not to like? I prefer the newer seasons so much more to the early seasons, Im not saying I hate the early ones but I just like the new! And anyway, In season 1 they had so much godam plotholes! Like Aphopis in the gateroom, how the hell did he dial out? And the rings were different! And the Stargate opened in a spiral fashion! And why the hell dont Ronan and Telya wear the ******* uniforms!?! If they want to stay in Atlantis, they must adhere to the dress code! And does anyone else hate Ronan? Remember in Ephinany when he says to Mckay: "Figure it out or your goin' in after him!" God, I hate Ronan, its about time he cut that hair....And the new show should so not be on a ship! It'll turn out like Star Trek an I hate Star Trek. Voyager was ok but the rest were crap! Why are they all called the Enterprise!?! That must get confusing!

Do you feel better now?
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO BLUE JELLO?

Comment

A little yes...

Comment

*slowly backs away*
        Screw that...
        *runs*

Comment

It's not better, but it's not worse. I'd say it's about the same.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

While I think the original poster has the right to express his opinion, reactionary threads are essentially pointless because you have every opportunity to state how you feel in the thread you're reacting to. Also if you really want to gush over how great the show is, it would be best if you didn't coopt the title of another thread to do that especially when there are other threads, like the pro season 10 thread in which you are completely free to tell everyone how much you love the show's direction.

Starting a thread like this seems a bit petty as if you're trying to spite the poster of the "Stargate isn't as good as it used to be" thread by starting your own thread where ideally, no one would disagree with you. Of course, if you don't mind disagreement, then this thread becomes redundant and your post could easily have been made in the original thread.

There is nothing wrong with expressing how you feel, but people are far more likely to respect the validity of your opinion if you do it in the right forum and without telling people how sick you are of them and their opinions. Their opinions don't do you any harm. If you want your view to be respected, it's only fair your respect others'.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Conor

Quite a rant! I have a few nit-piks, like the" Well, let me tell you! Stargate is so goddam much better now!" You may like it better, and you have the right to state it, but the way you state it leaves no room for any other opinion. YOU may think it's better, but other people may not think the same way you do. If you had said that "you" think it's better, that's fine, but a declarative statement is out of line.

I really like the newer seasons, and yes, I loved the earlier seasons, but am still enjoying what's happening now, but I don't say this as a matter of fact for everyone, but just myself.

Also what was the rant on Stargate of past vs present and all of sudden jumping into complaints about Atlantis! Supposedly this thread was about Stargate being better now, and all of a sudden there's a whole list of complaints about Atlantis? Considering Atlantis is only 2 years old, it doesn't even fit into the "it's better now than it ever was!" category.

Just my view on your thread......
              EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

I agree its better then before but I wouldn't start a rant like this I like Stargate in its entirety, though, all seasons.

Comment

Why don't we all stroll on over to the Doctor Who sub forum on this message board and take a look at how things like this are handled there?

Classic Doctor Who and New Doctor Who. There were 26 years YEARS of the classic style Who, and so far only two of the new. People love both. People accept they're different. Things evolve. Some people prefer the old, some the new, no one says either is crap.

My PERSONAL preference regarding Sg1 is that I liked the days back when it was about the mythology and Egypt a HELL of a lot. It's why I got into it. I Basically got into SG-1 for the same reason Daniel Jackson got involved originally. That doesn't mean I don't like S6 - 9 though. Even though most of the Egypt stuff is dead and buried (no pun intended), other aspects of the show live on, and combined with new elements, make for highly entertaining and original television. Two of my favourite episodes of Series 8 are Prometheus Unbound and Full Alert. Both of which are nothing like "classic stargate" episodes.

There is a reason, why MOST tv shows end after around 7 seasons. Because the style of the show has largely remained the same and it is time to END it. With SG-1, this COULD have been the case, but instead it has evolved. It was necessary.

But that does NOT mean that having ships and big honking space guns makes for a better show.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

sadly all 26 years of doctor who sucked but thats another matter, Stargate i think is just as good as it used to be, it had great episodes like Origins and terribles episodes like the one after the pilot.
                    i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

I think that season nine is the best season since season 5!!!

Comment

I love Atlantis. I have to say Season 2 wasn't as good as the first Season, the overall arc seemed a bit forced and everything happened at the last minute, and yeah there was 'Michael' which leaves me with mixed feelings.

But I won't give up on Atlantis because most shows have poor seasons earlier on, and I generally stick with a show.
                        ----
                        There is something extraordinarily delightful in getting intensely
                        serious about something intrinsically silly.

Comment

Although I do not agree with how the OP made his/her rant, I do agree with the spirit of the post, as I understood it to be. I know there are people who don't like season 9 and hate the idea of a season 10 and they have that right. But on the same token as some posts I have seen that bash on the pro people, we have the right to like the show now, just as they have the right not to like it. And if the antis can post multiple threads ranting about how much they hate the show, then the pros have the right to make just as many multiple threads telling how much they like it.

Comment

Well.

Production value has soared. In that aspect it's never been better.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
                              And if the antis can post multiple threads ranting about how much they hate the show, then the pros have the right to make just as many multiple threads telling how much they like it.
                              Yes, of course pro viewers can make multiple threads. They can look just the same as the overkill provided by the anti factions. If this is what is desired, then there you have it. The point was made about making your point intelligently in an existing thread, if that were possible. Perhaps what one has to say doesn't fit into any of the 1,000s of threads already on Gateworld Forums. It's possible. Then of course one would need to start a new thread to address the issue. If one just wants to rant, one way or the other, wouldn't one of the existing pro- or con- threads work though? I don't know, but it seems that joining a group of like-minded folks might be nice. Unless the intent is to incite debate? Debate can be fun.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X