• Show
Clear All

What is STARGATE: Horizon????

Im VERY confused at the moment....is this a show? Please help me out
    When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
    I miss you.
    Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

We really should get a permanent introduction to horizon on the forum!

Horizon is a fan-made virtual series. Basically, imagine the biggest fanfic in history and you're getting there. It's set within the stargate universe, but with a new setting (the space station Horizon), a new cast, and it's set in the future. It runs in seasons, with scripts being released once a week. You've picked the perfect time to start reading - The final episode of season 2 was just released. There's several other virtual series out there, such as Destiny + Genesis, but Horizon was the first and (I believe) is the most successful.

Just go here: http://www.stargatehorizon.com/episodes.php?id=1 and start reading!
    Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Just go to the site and you know it... I mean I didn't knew it first but than I went to the side and everything is explained there. I am starting to read it but I have a lot to catch up so...

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
        We really should get a permanent introduction to horizon on the forum!
        Yeah. Because of the lack of a certified FAQ on either the forums or the ofiicial site, I plan to write a series of "101 Stargate: Horizon" threads to go in a new section underneath the Season 1/2 subforums.

This way, anyone wishing to know the ins and outs of the show - without creating endless threads here - can go there and look for their answers there instead. Alternatively if what they want to know something specific that isn't covered in that subforum, they can direct their question in the Ask the Horizon Team thread.
        "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
        ==============================================================
        Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
        Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

Agh, sudden painful memory of the pounding headache I had before I went to the About section on the website. I still don't understand the exact workings of some parts of it (i.e. the virtual cast...) but I think I've gotten along pretty well judging by the fact that the pounding headache went away within an hour.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

The virtual cast is just the group of people that "would" play the characters if the show actually existed. Its main purpose is to assist with visualization when reading the scripts so that one can gather a full picture of the going-ons in one's head.
            Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
            Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
            Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
            Stargate Destiny, Fan
            Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

To me personally the virtual cast also influences the "voices" of the characters. I constantly visualize particular actors when writing scenes. With new characters it's often a matter of finding their voices, and figuring out what type of actor or which actor specifically would fit them. When it comes to other things I'm working on, I do have have an idea of which type of actor would fit one of the main characters (in some cases I have a couple of actors from which one could be chosen), quite simply because I plan to actually really cast them one of these days.

I guess it's just another aspect of a lot of us planning on getting started in the industry one day. But then again, virtual casts isn't something we've invented. A lot of virtual shows have them.
              Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Thanks, I understand it a lot better now.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Working...
                X