What ever happen to Lore??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ever happen to Lore??

what ever happen to data's brother ?? and how do you think he would re act to data's death
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

I'm pretty sure that Data deactivated him for good at the end of 'Descent, pt 2'. If Lore was still around, I don't really know how he would react..Lore seemed to love Data as a brother, but didn't hesitate to try to kill or manipulate him when it suited his purposes.

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
    Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
    Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

In 2370, Lore hooked up with a group of Borg that had been separated from the collective. He became there leader while luring Data to his side to fight against the Federation. Eventually the group of Borg turned on Lore and Data had to shoot and deactivate Lore. If you remember, Lore's last words were "I love you, brother". Data did not believe Lore so he totally dismantled him while swiping Lore's emotion chip.

If I remember right Data only used the "emotion chip" once after taking it from Lore. I believe it was in the movie Generations.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Data stated very clearly at the end of Descent, Part 2, that it was imperative that Lore be disassembled immediately. Personally, I find that to be a bit of a crap end for the character. Especially considering a) that was the way they found him and he was very bitter about it; and b) Data and Picard themselves established the basic rights to life held by artificial life forms.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yeah, Picard and Data essentially acted as Lore's, Judge, Jury and executioners. But in the end, it was really the only thing they could do. I can't think of anything more scary than a artificial lifeform with a personality disorder.
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Let's remeber the shape of the emotion chip did change between Decent Pt 2 and Generations. in Descent it was located in the finder and in Generation is was located in the back of Data's head.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
              Yeah, Picard and Data essentially acted as Lore's, Judge, Jury and executioners. But in the end, it was really the only thing they could do. I can't think of anything more scary than a artificial lifeform with a personality disorder.
              I totally agree. How many more chances should they have given Lore to wipe out humanity?
              WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO BLUE JELLO?

Comment

One thing that always made me wonder was B4. I thought it might have been Lore that the Remans had reprogramed.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

so was lore completely destroyed then
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Lokii
                    I totally agree. How many more chances should they have given Lore to wipe out humanity?
                    It's called a "trial"
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                      so was lore completely destroyed then
                      As far as we know, he was only disassembled, not destroyed outright.

Comment

Thats correct Lore was not totally destroyed, he was disassembled but his posi-tronic brain was left intact, so conceivably he could be reassembled and brought back to life.

Comment

Lore could've been rebuilt, this time leaving out his emotion chip. But would the lack of emotions make him benign? He still would've had memories of his violent past, unless they wiped his memory clean.

However, knowing how devious Lore was, he might have constructed a new emotion chip and hid it somewhere in his body, and kept a hidden backup of his personality.
                          Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 30 June 2006, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                            Lore could've been rebuilt, this time leaving out his emotion chip. But would the lack of emotions make him benign? He still would've had memories of his violent past, unless they wiped his memory clean.

However, knowing how devious Lore was, he might have constructed a new emotion chip and hid it somewhere in his body, and kept a hidden backup of his personality.
                            Lore doesn't need an emotion chip to be devious, it's part of his basic construction. He didn't even have the emotion chip till the fourth season. And by then, he had already betrayed both Omicron Theta and the Enterprise to the Crystalline Entity, as well as attacked his brother and tricked Soong into thinking that he was Data so that he could steal the emotion chip.

Comment

Ah, of course. Your memory is much better than mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X