Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superman Returns: Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superman Returns: Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

I haven't seen it yet, but I'll be seeing it tomorrow.
    sigpic

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    I haven't seen it yet, but I'll be seeing it tomorrow.
    Tomorrow matinee.

It saves me from the extraordinarily large crowd....that's if I'm not sleeping.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Same here. I think I'll be seeing it this afternoon. And I can't freaking wait.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

OMG OMG One of the best movies I have ever seen. Some people say it's a bit long but you learn more about the characters that way.
        The only down point for me was the unresolved story of the crystals that Kitty left on the island, but apart from that I loved the movie. The characters are great and you soon forget that they are played by different actors.
        My favorite bit was when Supe is giving the same speech to his son that Jor-El gave to him, very heart felt.
        I'd give it 9/10 simply because it was a bit long and sad considering that another month of editing would have fixed that right up.
        The 360 is out in Aus and I'm playing
        Mal: Was that the primary buffer panel?
        Wash: It did seem to resemble-
        Mal: Did the primary bufferpanel just fall off my gorramn ship for no apparent rerason?

Comment

*DIES* BEST.MOVIE.EVER!!!!
          I think this is my new favorite movie for now! I almost cried like three times! It was sooo sooo gooood!!! OMG I want Superman Returns II now, just as long as it's just as good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
            *DIES* BEST.MOVIE.EVER!!!!
            I think this is my new favorite movie for now! I almost cried like three times! It was sooo sooo gooood!!! OMG I want Superman Returns II now, just as long as it's just as good!!!
            He doesn't actually die he is in a very deep coma as the monitor would have read 0 if he was. I loved the two newspapers "SUPERMANS DEAD" and "SUPERMAN LIVES" with Jimmy saying "Don't you think it's a bit morbid chief?".
            Last edited by bioevilfan; 29 June 2006, 07:35 AM.
            The 360 is out in Aus and I'm playing
            Mal: Was that the primary buffer panel?
            Wash: It did seem to resemble-
            Mal: Did the primary bufferpanel just fall off my gorramn ship for no apparent rerason?

Comment

Originally posted by bioevilfan
              I'd give it 9/10 simply because it was a bit long and sad considering that another month of editing would have fixed that right up.
              Agreed, but another month of editing wouldn't have done anything to fix it up. One of the best parts was the credits, damn those were cool. And there was a cameo of the screenwriters, Michael Dougherty & Dan Harris, they were the guys who were at the museum, they were the ones who was asked that question (which I forget at the moment).
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bioevilfan
                He doesn't actually die he is in a very deep coma as the monitor would have read 0 if he was. I loved the two newspapers "SUPERMANS DEAD" and "SUPERMAN LIVES" with Jimmy saying "Don't you think it's a bit morbid chief?".
                Actually it's "SUPERMAN IS DEAD," not "SUPERMANS DEAD"
                sigpic

Comment

I loved that movie, saw it yesterday and going to see it today as well.

Love the image of him holding up the daily planet, weight of the world on his shoulders and all.

I also saw the cameos by Noel Neill (original Lois Lane) and Jack Larson (original Jimmy Olsen)

The thought that he'd have a kid didn't cross my mind, was totally surprised. Thought it was beautifully handled though with his speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                    The thought that he'd have a kid didn't cross my mind, was totally surprised. Thought it was beautifully handled though with his speech.
                    I remember reading something about that in a magazine once, I'm trying to locate it right now, without luck.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                      I remember reading something about that in a magazine once, I'm trying to locate it right now, without luck.
                      Superman Broods and Breeds?

Comment

I believe I mentioned the word MAGAZINE, not web site
                        sigpic

Comment

I saw it at a drive in. It was good. I like the scene were he stopped the plane at the baseball game. That was a great way to reintroduce himself to the world again.
                          Proud member of F.O.R.D.

Thanks *E*K*R*!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSparks
                            I saw it at a drive in. It was good. I like the scene were he stopped the plane at the baseball game. That was a great way to reintroduce himself to the world again.
                            I have to agree with ya on that one.
                            sigpic

Comment

this is a post i made on another site...sums up the movie for me.

so....we saw it today...

my wife liked it overall but felt the kid was redundant and a bad plot device as it pretty much ties up a role for however many movies they do.

i really didn't like it. just seemed like a remake of #1 including the the disaster in Nevade re-enacted with the train set. . Routh has no on screen presence. I've always felt that Kate Bosworth looks like a man. Together they had nothing that worked even in the pathetically redone flying romance scenes from the original. Lex was ok, but just seemed that it was Spacey doing Hackman doing Luthor. I felt no bond with any of the characters at all. I also felt the kid was pointless. If they'd at least left some question about the parentage to a later movie, mighta been ok with it, but as it stands, no. About the only thing I really liked was the original JW score.

I'm not a big Supes fanboy and this wasn't high on my list of things to see, but even with low expectations, I was disappointed. Hopefully, no more films, or at least, no more until they get a better writer that's not just going to rehash the originals.

-----

I really think they should have started the franchise over as they did with Batman. And I think they should have used Tom Welling. I'm not such a die hard Smallville fan that I think it should have been Welling from the get go, but I really don't think Roush brought anything to the role and that Welling has a much better grasp of the Clark Kent/Superman roles than Roush. I think almost anybody could have done a better job. If Roush is really 6'4 and 225 he's got the least presence I've ever seen for that size on screen.
                              Thanks!
                              Jordan

my page
                              My LJ
                              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Working...
                              X