No announcement yet.

Revolution (224)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

elite's right im sorry but i think Tom and Lenori should become recurring characters even stargate atlantis doesnt even have 8 main people on their show. Sg-1 is the exception because they have now 7 with Vala becoming a main character. It should be Grant, Sivea, Chase,chris, callen. I dont how about Connor since he left for earth. So i think you need cut down a little but then again your the creator so it's none of my concern.

Comment

I have to say, I don't agree with that. I think all of the main characters have had their moments throughout the season, something I'm personally very proud of, as that's really hard to do with eight regulars. Naturally everyone will have their own preferances about who should be mainly featured in a finale, and naturally not everyone will be satisfied. The fact that neither SG-1 nor Atlantis have eight regulars has no influence on us what so ever.

About Christine and the AT, notice the little detail that the AT is now gone. It was taken by the Enoly when the team got captured, they didn't give it back, and well... we just had one.

About David... who knows whether he'll be back or not.

Now I can't agree with what you said about this being similar to anything else, EAG. I haven't seen Star Wars in ages, and it was the last thing I had in mind. Don't take me wrong, I quite like Star Wars. But not to the extent that I'd have to rip it off to write a good episode.

I've said before, and I'm quite frank about this, this subject is getting on my nerves a little lately. If I could only write good things by turning to other things and ripping them off, I'd better seriously rethink my career plans, with which I've been making some nice progress lately (surprisingly in a way). But here's not the place to be talking about that. I think people tend to think we just rip off things because of the pilot and it's "similarities." But it's also no secret that I think the pilot is the worst episode of the series. Still hoping to do a special edition re-release one of these days. Because the pilot is bad, people who just read the pilot tend to think the entire series is that way.

Anyway, if you think it's similiar to Star Wars, then that's okay. But keep in mind that SG-1's "Fallen" is even more similar. Nothing wrong with that. I just get the feeling some people think I'm constantly influenced by some kind of things. And I don't even really watch anything on TV on a regular basis, with maybe one or two exceptions. A majority of sci-fi shows I'm familiar with in that I know what they are, but I've never seen them. Just haven't got the time.
      Last edited by Alex Rubit; 01 July 2006, 12:18 PM.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by travis
        What a great idea to end a battle and to start another battle for the 3 season.(that is if were going to get another in the season 3 openning)
        That brings up a good question. Just when does Season Three actually pick up? Was this a cliffhanger? Does it mean the new season will continue where this one left off (which would be the comon approach)?

However, we've stated that there will most definitely be a Season Three Prequel. Now how in the world is that supposed to work?

Of course I know the answer, as I'm already working on the Season Three premiere. I'm just curious to see what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
          I have to say, I don't agree with that. I think all of the main characters have had their moments throughout the season, something I'm personally very proud of, as that's really hard to do with eight regulars. Naturally everyone will have their own preferances about who should be mainly featured in a finale, and naturally not everyone will be satisfied. The fact that neither SG-1 nor Atlantis have eight regulars has no influence on us what so ever.

About Christine and the AT, notice the little detail that the AT is now gone. It was taken by the Enoly when the team got captured, they didn't give it back, and well... we just had one.

About David... who knows whether he'll be back or not.
          To be honest, in my opinion, Christine has been useless the entire season, for the most part, aside from serving as a person off of which to develop Lenori. I think that if anything, she should be the one reduced to recurring character. David, I think he has a lot of potential. Espescially considering his recent developments, I'd like to see him in a stronger role. Besides... Horizon-3 does need a leader... or at least, a member. XP

Now I can't agree with what you said about this being similar to anything else, EAG. I haven't seen Star Wars in ages, and it was the last thing I had in mind. Don't take me wrong, I quite like Star Wars. But not to the extent that I'd have to rip it off to write a good episode.

I've said before, and I'm quite frank about this, this subject is getting on my nerves a little lately. If I could only write good things by turning to other things and ripping them off, I'd better seriously rethink my career plans, with which I've been making some nice progress lately (surprisingly in a way). But here's not the place to be talking about that. I think people tend to think we just rip off things because of the pilot and it's "similarities." But it's also no secret that I think the pilot is the worst episode of the series. Still hoping to do a special edition re-release one of these days. Because the pilot is bad, people who just read the pilot tend to think the entire series is that way.
          Well, the Star Wars homage being that the Biosphere greatly resembled a Death Star, espescially in its weapons satelite.

I'll be honest, it's getting on my nerves too. I like Horizon a lot, and even though a lot of it is similar to various other things, it's got an original spin on it, for the most part. Ripping things off is clearly not what any of you intend, and as for the pilot, I never read it (quite frankly, in my experience, all VS pilots that I've read have been bad [Providence, Dawn, The Heroes of Syrith]).

Back to the issue of the main cast... eight is an awful lot. You handle it well for the most part, but Christine has been a massive drag on it, in my opinion. I think that the cast should just consist of Callen, Grant, Sivea, Chase, David, Tom, and Lenori. Even make Bay'lar more prominent, he's a great character!

But part of the reason that you're able to handle such a large cast so well is because of the sheer length of the episodes. Let's be honest here, 75 to 90 pages, which is the general range of your episodes, is anywhere from an episode the length of "Threads" to the length of a short movie. Episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis are about 50 pages each, and espescially considering you're even going to be using the same software as them for the coming season, it becomes even more clear that the episodes are long. And I'm not saying it's a bad thing... I like it a lot. It really gives me something to do with my time, and it's time well spent. But still, even with all the extra descriptions as a result of this being a virtual series, you should only have upper 50s to lower 60s as your range of episode page numbers.

Well, I've managed to go on a tangent here. Still a great episode, and I can't possibly look at Season 1 now with such great stuff already accomplished that makes it pale in comparison. ^_^

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting on at your. I really like Horizon, and you know that. And I don't mean to irritate you, but Biosphere-Death Star, Super Drone Beam-Whatever that thing was that destroyed planets. I mean, comeon. It was a big ass dish. Now, I really want to make it clear. I think you are a great writer and I know the similarities are not done on purpose, I think your doing great in making a new part of the Stargate universe. Look at S7s god-aweful Star Wars rip-off, everytime I see that I cringe, but that was extremely badly handled by TPTB and I think you have done well this season to detract from all the similarities, hell, I think this is the first time in this season that I have picked up on a similarity and it's the lack of them this season that caused this to just jump out at me.

And I do agree with Ryu, it seems Chris is mostly there to bounce developement off of Lenori and he's a great character but I don't see him working as well without Chris which is why you probably keep her there. But, I really feel you have too many characters to handle. Chris' job really isn't that unique anymore or needed. All you need to do is give the AT to someone who is really smart and could probably be able to do some translation stuff beside a normal job.

Now please, I am not just nit-picking, I'm obviously saying this to offer advice on ways I think your series could be improved and etc. I really do enjoy Horizon - As you know.

Also, noticed another "A Time to Stand" homage, made me smile and thought of "Counterpoint". And also, why do the Tok'ra just have cargo ships? Why not some Alkesh or Motherships of their own?
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
              Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting on at your. I really like Horizon, and you know that. And I don't mean to irritate you, but Biosphere-Death Star, Super Drone Beam-Whatever that thing was that destroyed planets. I mean, comeon. It was a big ass dish. Now, I really want to make it clear. I think you are a great writer and I know the similarities are not done on purpose, I think your doing great in making a new part of the Stargate universe. Look at S7s god-aweful Star Wars rip-off, everytime I see that I cringe, but that was extremely badly handled by TPTB and I think you have done well this season to detract from all the similarities, hell, I think this is the first time in this season that I have picked up on a similarity and it's the lack of them this season that caused this to just jump out at me.
              The biosphere was established back in "The Enoly," and it has nothing to do with a Death Star. For one it's much bigger, and it's not even round.

To be honest, I don't even find half of what's out there in terms of movies and TV shows worth watching or spending money on. Not that's it's bad, I just have other, more important things to do with my time. Probably one of the reasons I haven't been to the movies in almost a year. I'm more interested in creating things of my own, as opposed to watching something else's work. Again, not that I think it's bad. I'm just too busy trying to juggle the various things I have going on. Half of which I don't even mention here. I've even had the season finales of SG-1, SGA and BSG on tape for several weeks until, finally, I got around to watching them. There's a tone of movies I'd like to see, and I always plan on going. So far... sadly... I've seen none of them. So I'm really not interested in being similiar to pretty much anything out there, and I've seen most likely much less than most of you have.

So the point of my saying is, I don't even have too much that I could rip off.

And I do agree with Ryu, it seems Chris is mostly there to bounce developement off of Lenori and he's a great character but I don't see him working as well without Chris which is why you probably keep her there. But, I really feel you have too many characters to handle. Chris' job really isn't that unique anymore or needed. All you need to do is give the AT to someone who is really smart and could probably be able to do some translation stuff beside a normal job.
              I think Christine has had some great development this season. In my oppinion, Chase is the one who's lacking character development actually. Other than in Christine's case, Chase has no backstory, etc. That is, there is a backstory, it's just not featured in the episodes as much as we'd like it to.

Don't get me wrong, there's room for a lot of improvement. I just don't agree that Christine is the character that desperately needs more development. In my honest oppinion, it's Chase. And we've talked about this among the staff. In fact, we're already working on an episode (and possible arc) for Season Three that will change that.

Also, as I've said... we don't have an AT anymore. No. That's not a joke. Last I checked, it was on the biosphere when the array detonated. We don't miss or ignore details.
              Last edited by Alex Rubit; 01 July 2006, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                But part of the reason that you're able to handle such a large cast so well is because of the sheer length of the episodes.
                That also has to do with the fact that Script Smart makes scripts appear ridiculosly long, because it breaks the pages much sooner than most programs do. For S3 you can expect an average length for an episode to be something around 60 to 65 pages.

And speaking of this large cast of ours, believe it or not, we've even discussed introducing a new regular at some point. Maybe Season Four; assuming there'll be a Season Four. Our insanity has no boundries.
                Last edited by Alex Rubit; 01 July 2006, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
                  The biosphere was established back in "The Enoly," and it has nothing to do with a Death Star. For one it's much bigger, and it's not even round.
                  But then it wasn't a threat. Anyway, I know what your saying and I havent accused you of always ripping things off, on the contrary, I just said this is the first time this season that I noticed such a similarity.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                    But then it wasn't a threat. Anyway, I know what your saying and I havent accused you of always ripping things off, on the contrary, I just said this is the first time this season that I noticed such a similarity.
                    Okay, that's fair enough. I just wanted to make it clear that a similarity doesn't mean that it was intentional (if it had been we'd have included some kind of comment from one of the characters ).

Anyway, it's taken a while, but the episode is now up on the website. It's great to see the entire season up there; it has a feeling of completion to it.

Comment

Hey 2 questions: How come we didnt get to see the asgard in Revolution Don't they us a favor or three for kicking replicator butt and in season 3 will we see maybe i dont know an Aurora-Class warship i think we could use one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
                        Hey 2 questions: How come we didnt get to see the asgard in Revolution Don't they us a favor or three for kicking replicator butt and in season 3 will we see maybe i dont know an Aurora-Class warship i think we could use one of those.
                        The answer to the first question: we talked about that, and for some time we were planning to include the Asgard. Eventually we decided against it, as it would have just made the episode even longer. The official reason for the Asgard not being there is that Earth wasn't able to reach them on time.

The answer to the second question: Not sure about the Aurora class warship; but just because it's too early to tell. So for now it'll have to be a "maybe."

However, chances are pretty good that we will be seeing the Asgard in Season Three.

Comment

okay then hey when you guys were first starting out there was an episode Titled "The War" it was suppose to be in the back half of season 1 i was wondering since i dont know what happened to it that could be the season 3 3-part titled well at least on of the three parts that is the opener and whatever happened to that episode i remember the enoly took it place.

Comment

I might be wrong, but didn't you guys promise us some CG images in the script?
                            Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
                              okay then hey when you guys were first starting out there was an episode Titled "The War" it was suppose to be in the back half of season 1 i was wondering since i dont know what happened to it that could be the season 3 3-part titled well at least on of the three parts that is the opener and whatever happened to that episode i remember the enoly took it place.
                              "The War" was a stand-alone concept that we didn't get around doing so far. Perhaps we still will be doing it one day. The story has nothing to do with what will be happening in the Season Three opening three parter.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
                                I might be wrong, but didn't you guys promise us some CG images in the script?
                                There was supposed to be a CG image of the Enoly space station, but it didn't get finished on time unfortunately. There is some concept art, however, that we'll be releasing as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X