No announcement yet.

Revolution (224)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And in typical SG1 style, our ship gets blown up.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
      And in typical SG1 style, our ship gets blown up.
      Or Atlantis, of course.

Fantastic episode. Fantastic.
      Loved the space-battle scene, although it was fairly similar to Return of the Jedi. (maybe it was sub-conscious)
      Interesting that Sivok wanted the bio-sphere...
      The ending was very good - that would be such a cool shot if it was an actual show.

Poor Lenori - it'll be interesting to see if Marcai ends up like Kardos. There could be some great scenes between them. Wasn't very keen on the cure from "Parti Pris" saving him though - seems a bit random that a cure for a disease could help him.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
        Or Atlantis, of course.

Fantastic episode. Fantastic.
        Loved the space-battle scene, although it was fairly similar to Return of the Jedi. (maybe it was sub-conscious)
        Return of the Jedi? Hmm. Sounds familiar, but I can't quite place it.

Just kidding, by the way.

Interesting that Sivok wanted the bio-sphere...
        That guy just can't be trusted.

The ending was very good - that would be such a cool shot if it was an actual show.
        I agree. Interesting little note, we didn't know for sure how we were going to end it until about two weeks prior to the episode's release. We were considering various possiblities for what the final scene and shot could be; one would have lead to an interesting arc for Lenori in Season Three. But ultimately we decided against that, because it would have been difficult to make that completely plausible.

Poor Lenori - it'll be interesting to see if Marcai ends up like Kardos. There could be some great scenes between them. Wasn't very keen on the cure from "Parti Pris" saving him though - seems a bit random that a cure for a disease could help him.
        In any other case I'd agree. However, in this case it's important to note that the virus from "Parti Pris" and Lenori without a symbiote result in the same symptoms. Basically the imune system shuts down (it's one of the symptoms of the virus, anyway). The cure is designed to act against that. So I don't think it's too far fetched that the cure would work for Lenori as well.

Glad you enjoyed the episode, by the way. I hope you'll stick around for Season Three. I dare say we've got some interesting things coming up.
        Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Pretty good finale, the Star Wars feel has been mentioned a couple of times and I think this was different enough.

Great action in space, though at times it felt like Grant and the rest of the team were rather uninvolved since they spent such a long time in the cells.

The characterisation was good, particularly Sivok, we never can be too sure exactly what he'll do next.

The two storylines were balanced brilliantly, and really tied up the season nicely while taking us in the right direction for the next season.

One point that irked was Lenori being cured by the antidote to a virus, that really didn't make any sense whatsoever. It seemed that Tretonin, or some variant of it would have been more plausible.

A good episode though, and leaves me eager to get started on S3
          I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by cheese View Post
            Pretty good finale, the Star Wars feel has been mentioned a couple of times and I think this was different enough.

Great action in space, though at times it felt like Grant and the rest of the team were rather uninvolved since they spent such a long time in the cells.

The characterisation was good, particularly Sivok, we never can be too sure exactly what he'll do next.

The two storylines were balanced brilliantly, and really tied up the season nicely while taking us in the right direction for the next season.

One point that irked was Lenori being cured by the antidote to a virus, that really didn't make any sense whatsoever. It seemed that Tretonin, or some variant of it would have been more plausible.

A good episode though, and leaves me eager to get started on S3
            Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

I do feel the same way regaring Grant and the team, to be honest. Overall I was pretty happy with how this episode turned out, but I did feel that the team could have been a little more involved. But that's okay.

Regarding the cure for the virus working to save Lenori's life, I think this was mentioned somewhere on here too. Basically the virus from "Parti Pris" had symptoms very similar to what Lenori was experiencing -- the immune system shutting down. So it was felt that it wasn't too far a stretch to have it also work in this regard.

I can't wait to see what your thoughts are on Season Three. Looks like you're almost caught up now.

Comment

I think at the time, it was said that they didn't want to use Tritonin because they wanted to distance themselves from SG-1 tech as much as possible.

Personally I think Tritonin would have been better in both cases (this ep and Patri Pris) but its only really a minor detail.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
              Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by Alchemist View Post
                I think at the time, it was said that they didn't want to use Tritonin because they wanted to distance themselves from SG-1 tech as much as possible.
                I don't think there was ever any conscious effort to distance ourselves from SG-1 technology. But it's possible I might be forgetting something here.

Personally I think Tritonin would have been better in both cases (this ep and Patri Pris) but its only really a minor detail.
                If we had just used Tritonin in "Parti Pris," then there would have been no episode. Everyone would have been cured by act two.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                  If we had just used Tritonin in "Parti Pris," then there would have been no episode. Everyone would have been cured by act two.
                  lol
                  I hadn't thought about it that way

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
                  Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Jelgate’s Two Cents
                    I just might have to cry after watching this episode. I think this has been the best episode to date. Let’s start with Callen story since it didn’t have much to do with the Enloy. When isn’t the Nebulan mysterious? It seems like they want the civil war to happen. I wonder what the bigger picture is they see. Whatever it is, I have a feeling that the book is going to have a lasting impact on S3. The whole Enloy biosphere was spectacular. I thought that Grant’s team was going to be captured but I did not think that David and Sivok were going to be captured also. You think that shooting the power core would have more of a lasting impact on him physically.?* The space battle between the Milky Way fleet and the Enloy sounded spectacular. We were holding our own until the Enloy decided to fire the biosphere’s main weapon.?* Someone said that they thought the solution to destroying the biosphere was rushed. I respectfully disagree. It makes sense that a “super weapon” would use a lot of energy and would require time to recharge. Adding a collision with a ship would severely weaken the weapons system. The biosphere is without a doubt a powerful weapons but it is not invincible.?* For once the day was saved without the Horizon crew. It was up the fleet to save the crew and the galaxy.?* I should back up and talk about characters for a second. This has easily brought a change to the Lenori character. He was physically and mentally abused.?* He must feel a little alone without his symbiont. I hope that is explored more in S3. I am going to miss you David.?* I hope Gorlon is not killed off for good because I thought he made an excellent nemesis for Grant. Even though the Enloy are weakened there is a greater threat for the civil war is in full swing. I wonder if the Horizon crew will have to be disbanded because Earth will not get involved in the Vorian war. I am curious to see how the war will develop in the next season, especially considering that the Kir’Adhari are posed to attack Horizon. 5/5 (I don’t give 5/5 that often) Now that I done with season two I have to say it has been enjoyable. There have been some bad episodes (Connection), but on the whole it has been an interesting season. My biggest compliant is that the Draque were seriously downgraded this season. See you in the season 3 folder.
                    Last edited by jelgate; 20 December 2007, 06:18 PM.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Jelgate’s Two Cents
                      I just might have to cry after watching this episode. I think this has been the best episode to date.
                      Thanks. I'm really glad you enjoyed the episode and Season Two as a whole.

Comment

Working...
                      X