X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Micheal Shanks thing

i got this off imdb

Micheal Shanks had an emergency appendectomy when his appendix ruptured the day before filming was to begin on Stargate: SG1 Season 4 episode "Nemesis". The script had to be rewritten to explain his character's reduced role. The writers decided to have the character recovering from an appendectomy as well.

i never knew that, i wondered why he was in the hospitol in that episode.
    Last edited by Major Gambit; 25 June 2006, 04:35 PM.

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

They talk about it on the commentary for that ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      T yuppers hey talk about it on the commentary for that ep.
      yuppers

Comment

Thanks. That was news to me.
        sigpic
        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Interesting info thx, but there is no Nemesis in S4

Comment

I think it was mentioned that they did that so the characters would have "real life" conflicts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
              Interesting info thx, but there is no Nemesis in S4
              Yeah, it was at the end of s3 that MS had appendicitis so they had Daniel recovering from an appendectomy in the season finale Nemesis because MS was probably not up for anything too physically demanding at the time. Then in the begining of s4 Small Victories Daniel was still recovering from the appendectomy because Small Victories picked up about a week later from where Nemesis ended.

Comment

That was great how TPTB fit that in there like that. I wonder how much pain MS was in in "Nemesis"?
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Just like when Claudia Black was/is pregnant lol.

*JM calls CD*
                  *CD* But I'm pregnant!
                  *JM* Good!
                  *CD*Wth?

Comment

MS shows off his scar at con's sometimes if he's asked about it. I've seen pics. I've heard him talk about it before too.
                    *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
                    Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

Originally posted by Space Monkey52
                      MS shows off his scar at con's sometimes if he's asked about it. I've seen pics. I've heard him talk about it before too.
                      That's pretty cool that he's willing to show it off. "Hey, want to see my scar?"
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Oh, he's done better. Someone asked whether he wore boxers or briefs, so he showed them, much to the delight of the ladies in the audience. Once he answered "after spending all this time in military fatigues, I'd have to say commando." Many whistles followed.
                        *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
                        Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

I never new that...I haven't listen to that commentary yet. I kinda stopped watching Stargate DVDs when I "got a life" I guess.
                          I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Oh good, I'm glad someone's brought it up again! I've always wondered what the original script had Daniel doing.. or if the rewrite wasn't too extensive to begin with. What possible role could Daniel had played if he was up there with the rest of the team?

Comment

Originally posted by Space Monkey52
                              Oh, he's done better. Someone asked whether he wore boxers or briefs, so he showed them, much to the delight of the ladies in the audience. Once he answered "after spending all this time in military fatigues, I'd have to say commando." Many whistles followed.
                              That... I did NOT need to know.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X