This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the gate goes public.

I would like to play a game, write 'If the gate goes public' followed by what you think should happen.

If the gate goes public a "movie adaption" of the first mission starring Kurt Russell and James Spader should be made. They could guest star on Sg1 playing themselves "researching thier characters".

If the gate goes public, Sam and Rodney should get a Nobel Prize each.
    sigpic
    My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel
      If the gate goes public, Sam and Rodney should get a Nobel Prize each.
      Why them? It was Daniel who opened the gate in the first place.
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
        Why them? It was Daniel who opened the gate in the first place.
        Valid point. Daniel too. And public recognition for everyone else.
        sigpic

Comment

If the Gate goes public.......everyone would think that the govrenment is yanking our chains.......wait till they find out that for once Hayes isn't lying

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle_Jumper_One
            If the Gate goes public.......everyone would think that the govrenment is yanking our chains.......wait till they find out that for once Hayes isn't lying
            ROFL! That's actually the most probable scenario! I'd have trouble believing it for real. I'd want to of course- really cool.

PS: I love your sig! It rocks.
            sigpic

Comment

Valid point. Daniel too. And public recognition for everyone else.
              There would be a World Stargate Terminal in Washington, D.C. with a huge statue of SG-1 and General Hammond out in front.
              I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

The world will end due to excessive riots and panic.

Comment

If the Gate goes public, the UN would demand both it and the program where moved to a neutral location, and the personel become more internationally widespread like the Atlantis Expedition, and Dr. Jackson would be given command since he is the most experienced civilian and has played the role of most important and reliable diplomat for Earth for the past ten years. General O'Neill would also be given unrestricted access due to the nature of his relationship with High Commander Thor of the Asguard fleet.
                  I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                  sigpic

Comment

If the gate goes public, the National Enquirer will have an article about how the Stargate doesn't exist.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

If the gate goes public, then the political intrigue side of the show will get a HUGE boost. Think about it. How many people would try to take over the Stargate program the way Kinsey did?

Then there's always the mass hysteria from the public when they find out we were nearly wiped out so many times.
                      Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by ascendedancient42
                        Then there's always the mass hysteria from the public when they find out we were nearly wiped out so many times.
                        Not to mention law suits.
                        sigpic

Comment

Not to mention law suits.
                          Only in America

Comment

If the gate program was made public, and the existence of ETs was confirmed, the stock market would crash. They crash for ANY reason (heck, look at how they react these days to the slightest bit of news).

However, if the gate program became public, we could get rid of a LOT of annoying celebrities who want to be the first to go through the gate - give all the nitwits a one way ticket to another planet.... and let's dump all the politicians there too, and lawyers, and car salesmen .... the list is endless!

Comment

Don't get too anxious for sending off certain people now! I seem to recall a case in which the population of an entire planet died because someone picked up a virus lurking on a telephone after they'd sent away all their hairdressers, telephone sanitizers, and marketing guys on a ship heading toward prehistoric Earth.

...All this and more took place in The Restaraunt at the End of the Universe.
                              [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Working...
                              X