No announcement yet.

Preemptive Strike (223)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a decent episode and I was glad to see the return of Sivok. One thing that bothered me throughout the episode was the lack of urgency. Sure, Horizon-1 only had 4 days until D-day, but the team didn't come off as being under pressure. The build up from the last few episodes toward an unavoidable war was great. But now that it's here, it just seems like another day for the team. The comment from Zach in the Teaser sums up the episode:

"Whatever. They'll handle it."

While reading the episode, I had a sense of deja-vou. It wasn't the similarities to the Death Star. There was something about the episode that seemed very familiar. I just can't put my finger on what though. I've been watching a lot of TNG & DS9 lately, maybe something from one of those episodes.
    Last edited by SirGrimlock; 29 June 2006, 08:01 AM.

Comment

A fantastic first-half of the season finale, bringing together the big arcs of the season very well. The only thing that slightly let the episode down was Zach, still not warming to him at all, I don't supposed there's a nasty death in store for him anytime soon?

Sivok is always good to see and Drueg was a surprise, particularly as it seems that the Sentinels really are starting to get involved with events again (or is this all just a trick by Drueg to seize power himself?).

Plenty to look foward to with two massive storylines about to be blown wide open (perhaps literally in the case of the biosphere).

I'm off to read part two immediately!
      I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by cheese View Post
        A fantastic first-half of the season finale, bringing together the big arcs of the season very well. The only thing that slightly let the episode down was Zach, still not warming to him at all, I don't supposed there's a nasty death in store for him anytime soon?

Sivok is always good to see and Drueg was a surprise, particularly as it seems that the Sentinels really are starting to get involved with events again (or is this all just a trick by Drueg to seize power himself?).

Plenty to look foward to with two massive storylines about to be blown wide open (perhaps literally in the case of the biosphere).

I'm off to read part two immediately!
        Zach gets better in S3, trust me. I was only starting to warm to him at this point but he becomes more likeable when you see more of him.

Then again, there are still people out there that can't stand him, so who knows.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
        Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Just been re-read this. Seemed very long and drawn out but was sure nice to see Sivok again. I love seeing Sivok and Grant together. They have a dynamic that I just love.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents
            As we approach the season finale the episode just get better. My only compliant is that we didn't get to see any scenes with Lenori. I mean this episode featured Lonal but we never got to see her interrogating Lenori as her prisoner. It was nice to see the return of the Draque. We haven’t seen them in awhile. If there are two different kinds of Draque now, then why haven’t any hositilities with the Draque all season. I understand they are weakened but many Draque must have a hater ad against the Horizon group. Anyway, I was to see the return of Sivok and more to see the return of Dreug. If the Neublan weapon transferred the Enloy cruiser to the Sentinels/Neublan dimension, then were did the rest of the Enloy go. Anyway the beginning part of this episode was kind of slow but that really didn’t bother me consider what we are building up to. I loved Sivok’s act as impersonating an Enloy mediator. It was hilarious. Before I talk about the biosphere, I should mention the Kir’Adhari. There was obviously some tension between the Vorian president (name escapes me) and Callen. Launching a preemptive strike against them is goning to have some serious repercussions for the Vorian society. That civil war is looking more and more likely. Once the Horizon team and free Draque are in the biosphere, you seem to want to put the team in mortal peril. First you have the Horizon team (minus David) in the power room. That wouldn’t be so bad if the enemy wasn’t going heading to the power room. You must have really hated having an Enloy cruiser. The Horizon team only had for two episodes and wind getting the cruiser blown up. I wonder what has happened to the passengers of the Enloy cruiser. All this chaos makes the episode end in a “to be continued” manner. I was going to give this episode a 5/5 but no Lenori downgraded to a 4/5.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
            X