Clear All

Preemptive Strike (223)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Two
    "Preemptive Strike"

"Preemptive Strike"
    Ep: 2.23
    Release Date: June 22nd, 2006
    Written by Alex Rubit

When an old friend approaches Callen and Grant with some disturbing news regarding the Enoly and their most devastating attack to date, Horizon-1 embarks on a dangerous mission with an unimaginable amount of lives at stake.
    Outstanding
    71.43%
    Good
    14.29%
    Fair
    0.00%
    Poor
    14.29%
    Terrible
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Less than 24 hours until the finale begins. The thread is now open for discussion or last minute speculations.

Comment

Hey I was right this was a cool episode. It kinda felt like Star trek enterprise's Season 3 Episode Countdown and Zero Hour. Hope Next week's episode will be awesome.

Comment

It reminds me of star wars.
        *Cough*DEATH STAR*Cough*

I liked it and the end is quite, uhh...suspensefull.
        Just one thing, I was expecting for someone to make a comment about the Deathstar. Allusions are nothing new on stargate.

Is tealc gona make a apearance on the next epasode?
        What about some of the other Famuos SG people?
        Are you going to blow off my questions as many wirters love to do?
        Will I ever get to watch my favorite Epasode of...wiat, thats off topic a little.
        [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
        HARRIMAN
        I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
        [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
        HARRIMAN
        So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

Speachless I tell ya, Speachless.
          sigpic
          The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

so much for having that enoly cruiser for more than 3 episodes heh. I was going to ask Alex if he could name the "phoenix" because according to some mythology the phoenix would rise up from ashes after it died.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-25CSAR
              It reminds me of star wars.
              *Cough*DEATH STAR*Cough*

I liked it and the end is quite, uhh...suspensefull.
              Just one thing, I was expecting for someone to make a comment about the Deathstar. Allusions are nothing new on stargate.
              I'm glad you liked it. We were going for suspensefull.

It's true. A comment like that might have fit in well. However, in this case it wasn't the first time that the team had seen the biosphere.

Is tealc gona make a apearance on the next epasode?
              Teal'c won't be in the next episode. However, we'd love for him to make an appearance at a later time.

What about some of the other Famuos SG people?
              With regard to the next episode, same as above.

The challenge is always continuity actually. Otherwise we would have most likely already seen more guest appearances of characters from either SG-1 or Atlantis. But it's still something we'd like to do, and perhaps in Season Three we'll be getting that crossover idea that we had thought about earlier in Season Two off the ground.

Are you going to blow off my questions as many wirters love to do?
              Maybe.

Will I ever get to watch my favorite Epasode of...wiat, thats off topic a little.
              Off topic or not... I hope you'll get to watch your favorite episode soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
                so much for having that enoly cruiser for more than 3 episodes heh. I was going to ask Alex if he could name the "phoenix" because according to some mythology the phoenix would rise up from ashes after it died.
                Yeah, that would have been a fitting name for it. Perhaps if we ever get our hands on another one...

Comment

It was a really good ep, but I'm really frustrated as I wanted to see Lenori! Would post a more detailed evaluation, but I gotta run.
                  Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

It's taken a while, but the episode has been added to the the site. The temporary link has been taken down.

Comment

I suppose it is reminiscent of the Death Star, but it certainly does turn the threat level up a notch. Horizon-1 is looking pretty screwed right now, and the end of season two is a matter of days away.
                      Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                      Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                      Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                      Stargate Destiny, Fan
                      Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

It was a cool episode. Very suspenseful. Would have made quite a few good CG images. Unfortunetly..for some reason Chris didn't feel right. Her roles are coming awefully repetative and she just feels redundent.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Wow, a great episode. An excellent set-up for the finale, my only regret is that we didn't get to see the Kih'Andari sooner. I can't wait!

OVERALL: ***

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                            It was a cool episode. Very suspenseful. Would have made quite a few good CG images. Unfortunetly..for some reason Chris didn't feel right. Her roles are coming awefully repetative and she just feels redundent.
                            Well, as I've said before, it's a huge cast. And that, unfortunately, means that sometimes there's not too much "interesting" things for a character to do in every episode. In the case of Christine, she just happens to be the one on the team who can translate things. So, every now and then she'll just do that.

That said, we've just recently discussed a very interesting idea for an episode in which Christine and Sivea find themselves in a situation that's definitely not repetative. That ain't happened before. And to answer the question - yes, Season Three is already in pre-production. As a matter of fact, I just finished the outline for the season premiere a few days ago. Am now working on the one for 3.02.

Glad you liked the episode, by the way. Just wait for the CG images in "Revolution."

Comment

OMG awesome ep. what more can I say.
                              The cast is fantastic, cant wait to see this unfold. The ep is like a sci-fi opera
                              you can really feel the climax. For some reason I just keep thinking that the Kih'Andari are some how in league with the Enoly(just don't know why) but I'm probably wrong.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X