Alliances (Jan 2006)
    Trial by Fire (Jun 2006)
    Sacrifice Moon (Jul 2006)
    A Matter of Honor (Aug 2006)
    City of Gods (Sept 2006)
    Cost of Honor (Oct 2006)
    Siren Song (Nov 2006)
    Survival of the Fittest (Dec 2006)

I know it's not a perfect list, but it was the best I could do.

Can anyone out there help me? I know the McCay series is out of print. (ARGH!) I've also read that they are very much the Kurt Russell O'Neil rather than the RDA O'Neill. If I bother to find these on e-bay or Amazon, is it worth reading or will it spoil SG-1 for me?

I was very disappointed that a series being in production for 10 years had so little novelization going on! Heck, Farscape being on for only 4 seasons has 3 novels...LOL

I've only got two seasons of DVDs left to buy. I NEED MORE!

I know they're not printing the Honor series any more.... I've been trying to find copies because they looked good...... but hey if you find a place to buy the Honor series....tell me

Comment

Neither Alliance nor Survival of the Fittest are out yet. This would have been better suited in the merchandise board.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I bought some of the McCay books but never read them. Whilst I do like the film I prefer the series so didn't want to read a lot of books without Sam and Teal'c in them and a Jack O'Neill based on Kirt Russell's performance. I also remember people saying at the time that the books really followed the Ra arc. Not having read them I can't really say if it would spoil SG-1 for you, but based on the fact that the team structure in the film is so different from the series and the fact that the books are based on the film it's almost like 2 different entities.
        sigpic

Comment

Sorry, didn't really know there was a merchandise forum, Anubis Guard. Many of those last few are not out yet from what Amazon has their release dates set.

But my question was more along the lines of the differences between the two storylines. I'm not one who's into very militaristic or hard core SCIENCE fiction, but really do enjoy the character interaction of SG-1.

It almost strikes me like alternate universes, one where there's no Carter and T'ealc and one where there is.

I know from watching the movie and series that the way that RDA and Kurt Russell have played O'Neil(l) are significantly different. Russell's O'Neil was much more hardline and angst-ridden than RDA's almost whimsical O'Neill. I must admit I like both possibilities, but am undecided as to wether or not to try and chase down those books.

Thanks, though, Mouse. Knowing that it's a Ra plotline helps alot.

I have managed to track down The Price You Pay and it wasn't stellar. There were some plot holes and it ended somewhat abruptly. Not the best fiction out there, but not the worst either.

Comment

The Fandemonium novels are by far the best of the bunch in my opinion. I've been clearing out my loft recently and I found all the books I had in the

The SG-1 Series:
            SG-1 (1998)
            The Price you Pay (1999)
            The First Amendment (2000)
            The Morpheus Factor (2001)

I decided to read The Morpheus Factor again and i'm like
            sigpic

Comment

The Ashley McConnell novels are aweful. The Price You Pay is the only decent one.

I really liked the McCay books (although I don't have the last one). While I'm a big fan of SG1 and really like the team, I found it interesting to see how things could have gone if the original film makers had been allowed to do it their way.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
              X