Writers Wanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writers Wanted!

Season Two hasn't even finished airing, and we're already working on Season Three as I'm typing this. And we are looking for at least four additional writers to join the staff. Preferably staff writers, but if you're interested in a freelance writing gig, just apply as well.

To apply, send an email to [email protected]. Make sure to attach a writing sample, tell us something about yourself and why you'd like to join the staff. Emails will be responded to very quickly, as the one of the main focus points is now on recruiting additional writers. So if you're interested, don't waste any time.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

I'm interested, however I don't think I can write a whole episode. I'm more comfortable with the idea of writing background information on nay technology, races and locations that the Horizon team comes across, as well as any stuff the ISGC develops.

If you're with that I can be a Technical Writer (a writer who focuses on a specific area of a project), so that still leaves four spots open for general writing of scripts.
    "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
    ==============================================================
    Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
    Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

I'm interested in joining as a staff writer. Does the sample have to be a piece on SG:H or can it be on anything just to demonstrate our ability?
      May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
        I'm interested in joining as a staff writer. Does the sample have to be a piece on SG:H or can it be on anything just to demonstrate our ability?
        Writing samples can be really anything. It doesn't have to be related to Horizon or even to Stargate in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiletron
          I'm interested, however I don't think I can write a whole episode. I'm more comfortable with the idea of writing background information on nay technology, races and locations that the Horizon team comes across, as well as any stuff the ISGC develops.

If you're with that I can be a Technical Writer (a writer who focuses on a specific area of a project), so that still leaves four spots open for general writing of scripts.
          Sure. We might be able to work that out. We should talk about it some more behind the scenes.

Comment

I would love the chance to show the Horizon team my talents. I am currently in the process of writing my own Virtual Series, one which has garnered a fair bit of interest (see the thread titled Stargate Andromeda - Join The Expedition). I would enjoyed all of Horizons scripts so far, and to be able to write for them would be great for me. I will sned you my application as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Hurst
              I would love the chance to show the Horizon team my talents. I am currently in the process of writing my own Virtual Series, one which has garnered a fair bit of interest (see the thread titled Stargate Andromeda - Join The Expedition). I would enjoyed all of Horizons scripts so far, and to be able to write for them would be great for me. I will sned you my application as soon as possible.
              Back when SG1 Season 6 was showing, I played around with the idea that there had to be a Stargate that could engage all nine chevrons. Or, better yet, the gate to Avalon; the homeworld of the Ancients where the Stargates were first created. If this is what your series plans to do I say go for it, coz that would be cool
              Last edited by Tiletron; 24 June 2006, 05:16 AM.
              "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
              Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
              Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

I just wanted to say that I have already received some emails from people who are interested. Most of them post here, so I'm just letting them know that they can expect a reply very shortly. Within the next couple of days.

To everyone else, if you're interested don't wait too long. We're looking for as many writers as we can find. So right now the chances of joining the staff (if you're a writer) are probably higher than ever before.

Comment

Good luck in your quest for finding the writer you require to continue this wonderful series.

Proud Supporter of:
                  - 'Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis' -

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
                  - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

Freelance writing sounds good. I've got a history degree (European Diplomatic History) which required much writing. On Gate World Fan Fiction check out "Eve of Destruction" for a sample.

Mike3121

Comment

Oh I would love to. I love writing and I love Stargate: Horizon... But the thing is... Would you hire someone who's thirteen? I'll try anyway...
                      Last edited by Elles; 07 July 2006, 05:49 AM.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Elles
                        Oh I would love to. I love writing and I love Stargate: Horizon... But the thing is... Would you hire someone who's thirteen? I'll try anyway...
                        As we've stated before we'll need a sample of previous work (even if it's a short story or something written for a project), but yeah, I don't think age is too much of an issue at the moment.

Who we are really interested in are those who have proper experience - most of us here are late-teens and beyond, so we've had a lot of experience in forms of English Language/Literature, as well as putting our own creativeness to paper. I'm not saying we won't take you on as a writer, I'm just emphasising that (if we do), applicants need to understand that each of our scripts will be organised for completion to a certain deadline...

Writers won't be working alone - unless they can write an entire script, without very much direction - but you will still need to be able to handle the pressure that we have to get a series done in.

I love your enthusiasm, though
                        Last edited by Tiletron; 07 July 2006, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I'm a very strong believer in giving everyone a chance. So all I can say, Elles, is give it a try.

Naturally age does factor in to a certain degree when it comes to hiring someone as a staff writer. But it doesn't have to be the deciding factor. I am usually hessitant to get people who are "too young" to be on the staff, quite simply because we are writing a series that, in my honest oppinion, has the quality of any good television show out there. And we're doing it for free, which makes it definitely hard to find the right writers for that. And one of the toughest challenges over the last two years has been to actually find writers. So, that's why it can happen that someone's "too young."

But I'm just speaking in general. There might be people out there who are quite young, but who are just very talented. In addition, no one ever goes off and writes an episode on their own. It's all a team effort.

In the past we've actually had people write some really great episodes, where I thought when I was in that age I didn't write anything nearly as good (and I'm very old, as I'm sure you can tell by that; I'm about Lenori's age).

But anyway, long post short: anyone who's interested should definitely apply. You never know. Don't let the age stop you. There's really no rule other than that you have to be a writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike3121
                            Freelance writing sounds good. I've got a history degree (European Diplomatic History) which required much writing. On Gate World Fan Fiction check out "Eve of Destruction" for a sample.

Mike3121
                            I hadn't gotten a chance to check it out yet. Usually it should go quicker if you could email something of your work, but I'll make sure to have a look at it this weekend.

Comment

Indeed, if you're a seven year old who can somehow write a decent quality script, welcome aboard.
                              Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                              Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                              Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                              Stargate Destiny, Fan
                              Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Working...
                              X