This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

meanings of the glowing spine

so far in all of the show, the adverts, online stuff, and broadcast there have been only three characters with glowing spines: number six, sharon, and sharons baby (that amazingly awesome commercial with the cg fetus). so, the only thing these three have in common is that the first two are in love and the third is the product of love. what do you think? glowing spine = love?

It might just be a sutle hint that the Cylon part of them exist hidden in the spine. It is directly linked to the brain and nervous system. I am no doctor but I don't think when they do autopsy's they go in the spine. May be a perfect hiding place for the cylon part of them. Just a thought.

Comment

I remember in the "Home" comentary RDM jokes about Helo's spine glowing as he talks to Sharon. It would be interesting if in the future they use that as a Cylon detector, like maybe we see two people making out and one of their backs start glowing. They'd sure be stupid to over look something as obvious as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted_Beckett
        It would be interesting if in the future they use that as a Cylon detector, like maybe we see two people making out and one of their backs start glowing. They'd sure be stupid to over look something as obvious as that.
        Ewww... I could just see the come on line - "Look, Laura Roslin is not in a good mood. You either make out with me, or it's out the airlock!"

More seriously, I think it was just a really cool image that is well past it's novelty value and should be quietly dropped. Then again, as Cottle told Sharon in his charmingly charmless way, all that trouble to make the Cylons undetectable and they didn't get the plumbing right. Why not create all the female models with day-glo spinal cords when aroused.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Ranapia
          Why not create all the female models with day-glo spinal cords when aroused.
          No more faking it.

Seriously,

http://www.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/M...s_%28page_2%29

"Note: Comments from members of the production crew have since suggested that the only reason the glowing spine was included was that it "looked cool" at the time, and in retrospect, may have been a mistake. According to the novelization, the spines glow in the infrared spectrum. "

http://www.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/B...82005_Novel%29

Comment

Originally posted by gougef
            No more faking it.
            LOL... The Cylons were created by Man - and designed by men. Men with issues who hadn't had a date since the exile from Kobol.

Comment

Originally posted by zane
              so far in all of the show, the adverts, online stuff, and broadcast there have been only three characters with glowing spines: number six, sharon, and sharons baby (that amazingly awesome commercial with the cg fetus). so, the only thing these three have in common is that the first two are in love and the third is the product of love. what do you think? glowing spine = love?
              I think the spine means that the cylon is being stimulated...you know what I mean.
              I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

I forget, where did we see the glowing spine on the baby?

Comment

I thought it was on a commercial showing the baby and then the spine.

Comment

That would explain why I missed it, our commercials in the UK are different, and I don't even think we are up to that ep here yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X