Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if the ancients Wanted Anubis to create his Ascension army?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if the ancients Wanted Anubis to create his Ascension army?

Anyone ever consider the reason they allowed Anubis to wreak such havoc is they needed superior numbers to defeat the Orii? Anubis was creating an entire army to supposedly "Destroy the ancients" What if the ancients allowed him to do this so they would be able to create a force capable of destroying the Orii while at the same time adhering to their "Non interference" Rule?

Consider that this is all from a fuzzy recollection of episodes, some of which I haven't seen in a while, but:

Firstly, I don't think the Ancients can see into the future, so they were probably unaware the Ori were going to attack.

Secondly, to my knowledge, Anubis wasn't creating an Army to destroy the Ancients. Some evidence is the fact that he was going to use the device on Dakara to wipe out all life on our 'plane of existence'. This included his army.

And finally, if the Ancients really felt their existence was threatened by the Ori invasion, I find it hard to believe such an advanced race would come up with such an elaborate, unreliable plan, when they can simply do it themselves, with a lot more ease, and all that, just to follow some rules that they themselves created.
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

nah I have ta disagree aswell. If they wanted more numbers to destroy the Ori why have the non interference rule? Then just ascend everyone in the milkyway ta battle the ori.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
        nah I have ta disagree aswell. If they wanted more numbers to destroy the Ori why have the non interference rule? Then just ascend everyone in the milkyway ta battle the ori.
        What if

Spoiler:
        What if (by the time the Ancients get round to doing it) the Ori have already converted most the Galaxy to Origin?!
        Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
        MSN: [email protected]
        feel free to add me on either

Comment

"An earlier draft of the script for "Prototype" explained just what Anubis's purposes were for Khalek. He was the prototype of an army of warriors called the Mashur (from the Goa'uld word for "mutation," "mashur-nat"), which Anubis hoped to train to ascend and do battle with the Ancients on their own plane of existence and destroy them -- something ultimately cut from the episode."

http://gateworld.net/sg1/s9/909.shtml
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Anubis was going to destroy life and then create it to what he sees fit. If this would have happend then the Ori wouldn't have come and Anubis would have time to create this army of his giving the Ancients more time to devise their plan for what is about to come. Remember they already know of the Ori. and what they are capable of and their modives. The Ori don't know about them and that is why they have been shielding this part of the Universe.

And who says that the Ancients don't answer to anybody? I personally don't think they made up the rules but are more along the lines of following them. And they are responsable for their own actions as a hole. So if the Ori do start a fight it is all on the Ancients and no one else is going to help. If the Ori win then they are next and if the Ancients win then they get to hold on to their position in this Universe or move up because they just got rid of their biggist fall back.
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Yeah, I don't think that the Ancient's created the rule system either, but the Ori are probably doing the same, following rules, since this show is about good and evil, why not a more advanced form of both, existing on higher planes.

Comment

I do think the Ancients created their own rule system because of the fact that they didn't want to be exposed to the Ori.

I imagine every time they "interfere" it could lead to a "disturbance in the force..." er I mean it could cause the Ancients plane of existance to be known to the Ori.

So by limiting their interactions and selectivly guiding people (Daniel) they are helping with out being exposed.

I still don't think we will see them interefere because it would threaten their location from the Ori, and lead them straight to the Ancients.

I also think that Daniel was a decended ancient when he was younger. Remember, he was adopted! Just all of the ancient knowledge was kept in his subconsious as it is now.
                This lead to the discovery on how to work the gate and all his other discoveries.

Comment

I think the Qua'uld had no idea what gods where until Ra took his first host and went threw the kids brain and pics the Sun God. and the rest of them where born on Earth with Hathor being the queen mommy. But that is just what I think and not know.
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                  X