Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Down Under

Hello Everyone Welcome to Stargate Down Under formerlly S9 Down Under

This thread is for all Aussie & Kiwi users to discuss anything Stargate.

Please remember to use spoilers as this thread will be possibly seen by those who have not seen all seasons of Stargate SG1 & Stargate Atlantis.

Important Notice for Down Under posters
    You must use spoiler tags in this thread so please remember to do so.

How to do a Spoiler tag ?
    [spoiler]write in here the part that could be a spoiler[/insert word spoiler]

Cheers
    phaeton

Originally posted by Aussie Name List
    phaeton - Ben
    B O Y S C O U T - Ben
    broken-heart - Jess
    Gen J O'Neill - Eddie
    Aussie_Fan - Sam
    F R E E L A N C E R - Ashley
    rosey_angel - Kathy
    MB eddie - Eddie
    Akren - akren
    Travis - Tony
    Supreme Commander Sil - Lis
    Zero Kenshin – Jono
    Amaunet – Rhi
    Queen Bee – Bee
    Shrap – Jo
    Frinky - Steve
    xTHORx -
    gavo2o - Josh
    HyperCaz - Caz
    Angel of Fire SG1 - Fi
    Anonmatel - Matt

Originally posted by phaeton's original posting here
    G'day everyone 2nd post here so be kind.

Stargate News Australia website http://www.gasbo.net/stargate/news.htm says June 29 11pm start for Season 9 I'm very pleased to hear this.

I've started this thread for SG1 fans to discuss this Season 9 as it plays. Even though some of us already have seen or read transcripts.

Thanks for reading.

phaeton
    Last edited by phaeton; 11 January 2007, 08:32 PM.

Originally posted by phaeton
    G'day everyone 2nd post here so be kind.

Stargate News Australia website http://www.gasbo.net/stargate/news.htm says June 29 11pm start for Season 9 I'm very pleased to hear this.

I've started this thread for SG1 fans to discuss this Season 9 as it plays. Even though some of us already have seen or read transcripts.

Thanks for reading.

phaeton
    Yay, that's Furling confirmation.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

1 Earth week for Aussies till Season 9 does this

Comment

that means atlantis should return when season 9 finishes or if they want to be smart run sg1 and atlantis back 2 back.

Comment

Atlantis currently has not be slated into the schedule. They have said once an opening becomes avaliable they will slate it in.
          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

i have been waiting for ages for season 9 to grace our shores..and i had no clue it was on last week. lucky for me my boyfriend was channel surfing and we found it. on at 11pm!! on thurs!! so YAY but boo for being on so late. i have to tape it! haha and i cant belive its on at 1120pm this thurs!

So.. i know most of us have read the ep caps and spoilers but whats your thoughts on the first ep? i thought it was good. i little slow to start but good.
            sigpic

Comment

I thought it was good but I also thought that Mitchell was a little over-enthused.

Comment

This is my review, I posted it it Avalon Pt 1 thread.

I liked the episode but 1st thought it started rather slow & IMO Lt.Col. Mitchell was trying to hard to be accepted, but it was more accepting towards the end.

Vala made the episode IMO, the chemistry between Daniel and Vala is fantastic, loved the Goa'uld prison band thing, that was real funny can't wait to see how they remove it.

I was so sad when the To be continued part come up as they were about to be crushed I guess thats why its a cliffhanger, now wehave to wait a week to find out what happens.

Overall good episode.

Comment

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T
                  I thought it was good but I also thought that Mitchell was a little over-enthused.
                  Mitchell is the embodiment of every single SG1 nut who has dreamed of what it would be like to join the team... people don't hate him, they're jealous of him

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords
                    Mitchell is the embodiment of every single SG1 nut who has dreamed of what it would be like to join the team... people don't hate him, they're jealous of him
                    I certainly don't hate him, on the contrare after having read the transcripts of all twenty episodes (because channel seven are dumb), I quite like him.
                    However I think his character was a little over enthusiastic, and I think that enthusiasim came of as a little insincere or try-hardish. Though as the episode progressed he grew (i know only forty minutes to an episode but still) into more of a sincere character.

Does that make any sense?

Comment

What does everyone think of Avalon Pt 2 ?

Comment

^ Uh... good.

It was better than part 1. The sense of discovery of new cultures harkens back to SG-1's early days which was a big plus for me.

Comment

Just wait untill you see Origin, it should really intrigue you!
                          sigpic
                          By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Qtyled
                            ^ Uh... good.

It was better than part 1. The sense of discovery of new cultures harkens back to SG-1's early days which was a big plus for me.
                            Agreed.

Gen_J_O'Neill I'm looking forward to Origin, although the stupid network here in SA, Australia is delaying it 15 mins for a 105mins of 24.

Comment

Saw Origin. Yea it was good, getting to know the Ori, and their relationship with the Ancients. I hope discovering how the Ori and Ancients parted ways will be adressed later on.

These first three episodes haven't been as action packed as previous season starters, but I suppose when you're reinventing a series you have to leave some room for exosition.

Comment

Working...
                              X