This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cold lazarus 'planet'

i know somewhere, someone wondered about the cold lazarus planet, the one with the yellow sand and how they did that.

well the 'sand' was really piles of sulpher.....piles that i got a pic of when i was in vancouver last month.

this is what it looks like from across the bay in Stanley Park
    Attached Files
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

that pretty cool. just one question. how on earth did they film around so much sulpher? thats gotta stink. there is no way i could have worked like that without making it very clear how much i wasn't enjoying the... aroma.
    euch

Comment

I think a few shows have filmed there, I know Highlander did an ep there. I personally would NOT want film anything on sulfur piles.

Comment

Yeah, I bet the whole cast and crew smelled wonderful that day!

I had to use sulfur powder when I was in field school to keep the chiggers away (little red bugs that burrow into moist skin areas and hang out...ugh). Yes, the whole crew smelled like rotten eggs, but somehow that was offset by the fact that we were living in tents for ten weeks.
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
          Yeah, I bet the whole cast and crew smelled wonderful that day!

I had to use sulfur powder when I was in field school to keep the chiggers away (little red bugs that burrow into moist skin areas and hang out...ugh). Yes, the whole crew smelled like rotten eggs, but somehow that was offset by the fact that we were living in tents for ten weeks.
          Lovely!

i personally have had no such experience and hopefully never will.
          i don't care how dedicated you are to a show, nothing is worth that. not even great television.
          i can't believe i even just thought that, but there ya go.

Comment

the beauty of fresh air i guess. or maybe 'raw' sulpher isn't as icky as refined sulpher....and it was the first season, everyone was too 'green' not to complain

sigpic

Comment

After a time, you get used to it. It does help when you're not the only one who stinks.

Other than "Chig-Away" (yes, that is a real product) and some dietary products, what is sulfur powder used for? And why do the British Columbians need so much of it?
              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
              once done, cannot be undone...
              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                i know somewhere, someone wondered about the cold lazarus planet, the one with the yellow sand and how they did that.

well the 'sand' was really piles of sulpher.....piles that i got a pic of when i was in vancouver last month.

this is what it looks like from across the bay in Stanley Park
                Isn't sulphur sort of...volatile? j/w

Comment

maybe they know something we don't. should we stock up on sulpher too?

or maybe it just makes for some good lookin' T.V.

the real question is, did they have to make their own blue crystals that turn into fake people? or are they readily available in Vancouver too?

Comment

Other than "Chig-Away" (yes, that is a real product) and some dietary products, what is sulfur powder used for? And why do the British Columbians need so much of it?
                    Gunpowder. I guess they're in charge of munitions for the secret Canadian conspiracy to take over the States .
                    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Gunpowder. And some chemical stuff too

Comment

Cool. I thought it was just normal sand they had tweaked with in post production.
                        This post brought to you by Snackey-Smores.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          mayb

the real question is, did they have to make their own blue crystals that turn into fake people? or are they readily available in Vancouver too?
                          lol

i think we can thank the art dept for those

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                            Gunpowder. I guess they're in charge of munitions for the secret Canadian conspiracy to take over the States .
                            well its about bloody time!

the united states of canada sounds pretty good to me.

Comment

No one ever suspects the sweet, innocent, gentle Canadians! LOL

Yeah, I never thought sulfur was used for that much, but I forgot about gunpowder. How is sulfur volatile? And what does j/w mean?

Comment

Working...
                              X