Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You've heard of attack dogs... but attack cats?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've heard of attack dogs... but attack cats?

Take a very close look at the picture before reading the story. Notice what's on the ground and what is up in the tree. It might be hard to see but it's there.

Originally posted by [url=http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1120AP_Cat_Scares_Bear.html]Seattle Pi[/url]
    WEST MILFORD, N.J. -- A black bear picked the wrong yard for a jaunt, running into a territorial tabby who ran the furry beast up a tree - twice.

Jack, a 15-pound orange and white cat, keeps a close vigil on his property, often chasing small animals, but his owners and neighbors say his latest escapade was surprising.

"We used to joke, 'Jack's on duty,' never knowing he'd go after a bear," owner Donna Dickey told The Star-Ledger of Newark for Friday's editions.

Neighbor Suzanne Giovanetti first spotted Jack's accomplishment after her husband saw a bear climb a tree on the edge of their northern New Jersey property on Sunday. Giovanetti thought Jack was simply looking up at the bear, but soon realized the much larger animal was afraid of the hissing cat.

After about 15 minutes, the bear descended and tried to run away, but Jack chased it up another tree.

Dickey, who feared for her cat, then called Jack home and the bear scurried back to the woods.

"He doesn't want anybody in his yard," Dickey said.

Bear sightings are not unusual in West Milford, which experts consider one of the state's most bear-populated areas.
    Another link to show it is in fact, real.

Cat > bear

Comment

LMAO!! thats hilarious

sigpic
      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

LOL, good stuff!.

I just saw an American Funniest Home Video's episode where a big black bear wandered into a back yard and when it got close to a window on the side of the house and black cat hissed and swatted the bears nose and sent it running back into the woods, cats are very cool customers.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I think Stephen Colbert gave cats a 'Tip of the Hat' after that came out.
          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
          Caboose: They could be worse?
          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Dang. Now we know why McKay owns a cat.
            [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

I wish my kits did that.....they just lay around the house all day likcing them selves....

Comment

Working...
              X