Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asurans=Shoggoths? Spoilers (S3 and Lovecraft's mountains of madness) and speculation

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asurans=Shoggoths? Spoilers (S3 and Lovecraft's mountains of madness) and speculation

The Shoggoths in Lovecraftian lore were a anamorphic race (anyone reminded of the nanites used to make the Asurans/advanced Replicators?) that was created to serve the elder things. (aliens!) (Created to wage war for the Ancients?) They became intelligent and rebelled (!!!) and it's implied that they destroyed their masters (who where living in an underwater city at the time!) I don't really want to think the writers are copying someone, but if they are at least they picked someone good. Or is this an homage? Or unrealated? Thoughts anyone?

Interesting, never really thought if there was a connection to Lovecrafts work. Bear in mind though that 'creating something for a war that turns against you' is kind of an old concept now. But there are similarities between the two...though in SG:A the Lanteans almost destroyed the Asurans.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Oh how I wish they would rip off Lovecraft. Lovecraft was good at writing dark stories. I'd rather they out and out copied everything from him rather than do the replicator recycle. Judging by the spoiler it sounds like they have the whole 5th type character again that and the Wraith cultists threaten the distinctiveness of the show from SG-1. And the whole 'machines rebelling', has been done to death in other Sci-fi stories and movies. But spoilers don't show everything, maybe they can pull it off.

Comment

Working...
      X