What is the Doctor's Real Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    That dosen't really make sense to me. Can you elaborate?

I mean in the TARDIS when the Doctor was regenerating after being shot Jack called her Rose.. So shouldnt' that have screwed something up?

Maybe his name is something classical like Melchizedek which is the Timelord from the musical Time
    I think it was only in the Turnleftverse not the normal one. It could mean nothing but it just seemed to jump out at me that Rose couldn't use her name in this universe while most the RTD era episodes seem to state that the Doctor can't use his in ours.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
      I think it was only in the Turnleftverse not the normal one. It could mean nothing but it just seemed to jump out at me that Rose couldn't use her name in this universe while most the RTD era episodes seem to state that the Doctor can't use his in ours.

That's just bizarre
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

That's just bizarre
        The theory? Or the fact that Rose can't say her name?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
          The theory? Or the fact that Rose can't say her name?

Both

That Rose couldn't say her name in our universe and that the Doctor cant' use his name here either.

Comment

i thought rose could use her name in the universe she was born so it doesn't course any damage thats why jack could say it here. as for th doctor i agree that it is possible that he can not say his name but he told a women in one of the other episodes his name because she told him his own name in order to get him to know who she was and trust her but i maybe wrong
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
              i thought rose could use her name in the universe she was born so it doesn't course any damage thats why jack could say it here. as for th doctor i agree that it is possible that he can not say his name but he told a women in one of the other episodes his name because she told him his own name in order to get him to know who she was and trust her but i maybe wrong

No you are not wrong. That was River Song from "silence in the library" and she knew the Doctor but I think after he had a future regneration. And she knew him quite intimately by the fact she knows his real name..

Comment

His name is Bannakaffalatta!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  His name is Bannakaffalatta!

That would be funny...... But wasn't he the little cyborg that tried to get jiggy with Kylie?

Comment

oo thanks for clearing that up coco pops
                    sigpic

Comment

That would be funny...... But wasn't he the little cyborg that tried to get jiggy with Kylie?
                      yes it was
                      sigpic

Comment

Yup, I thought his name was awesome though....dunno why..

Comment

i agree it was a fantastic name
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg View Post
                            maybe they don't want us to know it because he will end up being some super crazy a** superhero or ancient God or something, u know what i mean, or am i just completly off, because who knows, they may make an episode where he needs to create the universe, in order to save it, like a paridox, HE'S GOD!!!!
                            Just reading back through and I stumbled across this... I think it'd be really cool if he had to re-create the world because he went to the very beginning by accident (because of Captain Jack, just to bring back my favourite ) and it turned out (paradoxially, or course) that he created the universe in the first place, (Aaand for a Sarah Jane Adventures crossover) and had to stop the Ancient lights from... yeah, that's as far as i've gotten. Still, it'd be really cool. Also, I liked the idea that he was the Other, hence more than just a time lord.
                            Wow, long rant.
                            (Many brackets)

Comment

Originally posted by VashtaNeradaInTheBooks View Post
                              Just reading back through and I stumbled across this... I think it'd be really cool if he had to re-create the world because he went to the very beginning by accident (because of Captain Jack, just to bring back my favourite ) and it turned out (paradoxially, or course) that he created the universe in the first place, (Aaand for a Sarah Jane Adventures crossover) and had to stop the Ancient lights from... yeah, that's as far as i've gotten. Still, it'd be really cool. Also, I liked the idea that he was the Other, hence more than just a time lord.
                              Wow, long rant.
                              (Many brackets)

Can you explain all that again? LOL..... When did the Doc have to go back to the beginning of time because of Jack

Comment

I'm not too comfortable with the idea that the Doctor is the second coming of some great and ancient Time Lord hero. I much rather like the idea that he was mearly a scientist who just got utterly bored of the monotany of his homeworld and decided to just steal a TARDIS and go out there and have some fun.

That's not to say the mysteries behind him aren't fun to speculate on. He is a self proclaimed "more than just a Time Lord" who hints at being around during the time of Rassilon and Omega, but at the same time half-human. An enigma wrapped in a mystery, that's the Doctor.

On the subject of his name, I like to think that he really is called Who. WOTAN calls him by this name in 'The War Machines' and he also introduces himself as Doctor Von Wer in 'The Highlanders' (Doctor Von Wer being German for Doctor Who).

Either that or he's called Peter Sigma.

Comment

Working...
                                X