Babylon 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babylon 5?

I was wondering since Lost has it own section on the Alternate universes, does Babylon 5 deserve to be on their own section in the Alternate universe. I am sure this topic has been brought up before. If we get enough people asking, we fans can talk about Babylon 5 in a place other than the General Sci-fi and Fantasy. Opinions anyone?
    For those who want peace, prepare for war

S.P.Q.R. Senatus Populusque Romanus

As much as I love Babylon 5 (it's my second all-time favourite series), it's been off the air for a long time. Don't think there is anything new happening either. To be fair on Lost and BSG, they are both currently on the air or in production.

I'm sure that if Babylon 5 or any of its spin-offs were still in production, then there would be a dedicated discussion forum.

There are however, a few threads in this forum covering B5 -

Praise and Admiration for Babylon 5
    Babylon 5-best Sci-fi Ever?
    who watches Babylon 5
    Babylon 5 - Fav character?
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

What about Firefly, as far as I know they are through too.

Babylon 5, will be like Star Trek. In twenty years they'll make a new series
      For those who want peace, prepare for war

S.P.Q.R. Senatus Populusque Romanus

Comment

What? Oh come on!

Star Trek is practically DEAD as a franchise as well as a series... they just have reruns on certain channels, yet here they have their own GateWorld Forum...

I vote in favor of Babylon 5 having its own GateWorld Forum!!!
        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I am a huge B5 fan (no, really) but I'm happy with a couple of B5 threads on here and don't see the need for a forum. It's long dead and it ain't comin' back so I don't think it deserves equivalent BSG or Dr Who status, or indeed Trek status because Trek is/was huge in popular culture and B5, for all its greatness, is/was less so.
          sigpic
          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

B5 always had me on the edge of my seat with the best storylines in history sinclare as... well you know who.. was fantactic.War with the minbari the love hate relationship with G.Car and mollari earth under marshal law the presidant the shadows the telepaths it shouldnt have ended that was a sad day. it was leading up to a telepath war that we never got so i vote yes i could talk all night about B5 and my dvds keeps it alive ( sorry bout the spelling )

Comment

I wouldn't mind one section to go to when I feel like talking about B5.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                As much as I love Babylon 5 (it's my second all-time favourite series), it's been off the air for a long time. Don't think there is anything new happening either. To be fair on Lost and BSG, they are both currently on the air or in production.

I'm sure that if Babylon 5 or any of its spin-offs were still in production, then there would be a dedicated discussion forum.

There are however, a few threads in this forum covering B5 -

Praise and Admiration for Babylon 5
                Babylon 5-best Sci-fi Ever?
                who watches Babylon 5
                Babylon 5 - Fav character?
                I was thinking about our host's POV and was in agreement, but that's as good an argument as I could make for your cause. You win.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Yes a section for Babylon 5 would be nice. Even though its off the air there are probably still a good number of people that would post quite a bit about it(I know that I would).

Comment

I would say yes but wait until we are about a mouth away from getting new B5, I mean with Lost Tales on the way sometime next year that would seem like a more reasonable time to start a forum for them.
                    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

personally i think they should remove the dr. who and firefly forums.

Comment

Well Doctor who is a active as making new shows. so getting rind of it would seem silly. As for firefly I don't know there might be more in that unverse but it doesn't look like anything is coming in the next year or so.
                        "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

LOL! Just read the post I made two months ago. I was a bit off with my prediction there. Wouldn't foresight be a great thing to have? There is a section for Babylon 5 on the main GateWorld website. Don't think there's ever been a forum for B5. If there was, it would've been long before I joined anyway.
                          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I think there should be a forum section for B5. Yeah, the series is over but as it has been observed so are Star Trek and Firefly and soon... SG-1 (*sob*). B5 is just as good a series (better actually) as any of these and in spite it being over still has enough life in it that the creator is making another movie. Plus, it has Teryl Rothery in it, I hear.
                            There is plenty to discuss about this series. The plot-lines were some of the most complex I have ever seen in science-fiction as well as the characters. It also has a big fan-base.
                            May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

This topic seems to come up from time to time but from what I've seen in the past two years, I haven't seen any consistent discussion of the show. It comes in spurts... I've seen threads started and die within a week or two.
                              Personally I think it is better just to have sub-forums for shows that are current.

I love B5... to me it redefined scifi television entirely... It opened the way for DS9, and the new BSG but I don't see any justification for it having it's own subforum. However, if those new B5 stories come to fruition, I think we'd have a lot more ammunition.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                              X