This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is hurley still obese ?

After a few month in an Island eating fruits and Fish.. and sometimes boars.. how come he is as fat?
    The guy who get himself blow up with dinamyte ask the question but no one answer...
    I can understant that they have food in the hatch, but the first month there is no food!

Anyway, maybe it was too complicated to the actor to loose weight... anyway... he is still funny! [Spoiler] Poor guy, he lost the one girl who seemed to like him...
    All good things must come to an end...
    Canada Rule!!!

He DID loose some weight (as he said in "Dave"). Baring in mind he is quite big it is not always visable at first. Dont forget, they have been on the island for just 2 months, and it takes some people a month to loose any weight at all, no matter what their diet.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Hurley binged on his hidden stash of Dharma snack foods for a good 5 or 6 weeks before he stopped when he was wooing Libby.

It will be interesting if Hurley comes back leaner for season III to follow the storyline of him eating better now.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

If you watch the pilot episode again, and then watch a recent episode say, the season two finale, you can notice a weight loss, and although it's not huge, it does seem to be steady, and that's why we haven't noticed it.

I think the actor himself wants to shred some weight, it's just the issue of working outside of his schedule to actually be able to do something about it.
        __

__

Comment

Because a person doesn't eat as they used to doesn't mean they are going to start shedding pounds like crazy. If you stop eating, your body literally goes into "reserve" mode. Your motabolism will drop and it becomes even harder to lose any weight. Poeple his size have trouble losing weight because of this. That's why excercise is the only real method of losing weight, something you don't see Hurley doing much of.

Plus the fact that he had been hording fatty foods until Libby stopped him.
          Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
            Hurley binged on his hidden stash of Dharma snack foods for a good 5 or 6 weeks before he stopped when he was wooing Libby.
            More like two. Season 1 ended on about Day 45, Season 2 ended around Day65 , with the episode "Dave" on Day 60 (ish) he only had the food for two weeks.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
              Because a person doesn't eat as they used to doesn't mean they are going to start shedding pounds like crazy. If you stop eating, your body literally goes into "reserve" mode. Your motabolism will drop and it becomes even harder to lose any weight. Poeple his size have trouble losing weight because of this. That's why excercise is the only real method of losing weight, something you don't see Hurley doing much of.
              I agree with some of what you say Chricton but someone as big that carries as much bodyfat as Hurly does. Would immediatly drop 10lbs. - 20lbs. of water weight with in a couple weeks.

Originally posted by Chricton
              Plus the fact that he had been hording fatty foods until Libby stopped him.
              That's what I thought as well, he had a huge stash and was eating very bad snack type foods by himself.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                More like two. Season 1 ended on about Day 45, Season 2 ended around Day65 , with the episode "Dave" on Day 60 (ish) he only had the food for two weeks.
                Hmmm, I am confused about the time line on Lost Ptah?. How long has it been from the time Michael killed Libby and shot himself to when they just took off looking for Walt?. I was under the impression that Hurly was pigging out till he showed Libby his stash and decided to stop, and that this time line was about the same time Libby was killed which I thought was about 5 or 6 weeks into the storyline?.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Slow Metabolism... + Lack of Excersize & the Dharma Foods he's been eating... As already stated.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                    Hmmm, I am confused about the time line on Lost Ptah?. How long has it been from the time Michael killed Libby and shot himself to when they just took off looking for Walt?. I was under the impression that Hurly was pigging out till he showed Libby his stash and decided to stop, and that this time line was about the same time Libby was killed which I thought was about 5 or 6 weeks into the storyline?.
                    You really need tags there
                    Spoiler:
                    He pigged out for about two weeks, then showed Libby the stash, it was about 2 or 3 days later that she was shot. Series 1 and 2 are 65 ish days, with the last episode taking place over about 3 days

Comment

I think Hurley will do great in shredding those pounds. He looked like he was losing some in the short film he starred in too.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                        Slow Metabolism... + Lack of Excersize & the Dharma Foods he's been eating...
                        hmm

the true purpose of the dharma initiative discovered?
                        Thanks!
                        Jordan

my page
                        My LJ
                        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

its basically on the ground of his really bad diet or wild boar and stuff and the fact that he doesnt really do that much excersise/.
                          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I think the most obvious reason is because the actor is unable to lose weight at a rate that some people would argue to be consistent with his character's situation. Besides, he's lost plenty of weight... he's just big boned

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Hurley has lost weight, it just isn't as noticeable. If he lost a visibly significant amount of weight (which is what some people seem to expect/demand), then as a result, the remaining castaways would have to become emaciated and/or die of starvation/malnutrition. If you want to keep things even, that is.

Comment

Working...
                              X