Favorite Captain from all series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Captain from all series

Alright fellow Trekkie's, my favorite Dr's. thread did so well lets hear what your favorite Captains are from best to worst...

The choices are...
    Kirk ... The Original Series
    Picard ... The Next Generation
    Sisko ... Deep Space 9
    Janeway ... Voyager
    Archer ... Enterprise

Personally I do not dislike any of the great Captains we have had in all the various Trek series, so here is my favorites list....

1) Picard ... Simply the greatest Captain of any scifi series and one of my favorite all-time Trek characters.
    2) Sisko ... I love DS9 and Sisko exemplified what DS9 stood for.
    3) Janeway ... Didn't care for her to much in the beginning but by the end she was golden!.
    4) Kirk ... What's not to love about Kirk.
    5) Archer ... I actually really like the Archer character, he was a good guy that did what needed to be done.
    James.T.Kirk (OS)
    12.93%
    Jean-Luc Picard (TNG)
    36.21%
    Benjamin Sisko (DS9)
    16.38%
    Kathryn Janeway (Voy)
    21.55%
    Jonathan Archer (Ent)
    12.93%
    Last edited by the Fifth Race; 05 June 2006, 09:08 AM.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

1) Picard -- Has a charm, personality, and wisdom all ought to strive for
    2) Sisko -- Humble, a great father, and a great captain
    3) Kirk -- The classic
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This is hard- they're all great in their own way!

Picard- #1 captain!
      Sisko- only thing about him that I don't like is the continual baseball obsession- I loathe baseball.
      Kirk- the over dramatics put him in third but its pretty much a close tie for second.
      Archer- I really like Archer, he gets a little heated at times but he's a good captain. And he has the only cute dog in the world- I'm not a dog person either.
      Janeway- her speeches about principles got dull.....real dull, but she was still likable except when she did some very stupid and implausable things.

Comment

1. Picard - Still my favourite captain. He had the ability to talk his way out of a fight with that calm persuasive voice. Although he could kick arse, if needed.

2. Sisko - He was a tough kick arse captain. He also had a caring, quiet side, if needed.

3. Kirk - The legend. Did he actually get it on every week with the hot chick-of-the-week? I...still...love the pauses between words.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

1. Sisko
          2. Picard
          3. Kirk
          4. Archer
          5. Janeway

Comment

1. Picard - I watched a bit of "Best of Both Worlds" the other day and remember how great a guy he was/is/will be(!). I taped both parts and i think i'll watch them when i have a DS9 marathon some time in the next few weeks!

2. Sisko - I found it really easy to associate with him. He had a great relationship with every member of his crew as well...

3. Kirk - I wish he could be higher cause he's just so damn cool.

4. Janeway - She had her moments but as Trek_Girl42 said, her speeches got a little old.

5. Archer - The only reason he's last is i've seen him least, although i did like his "hands on" attitude from what i've seen.

(I apologise in advance but i've been waiting ages to use this and it must be done: )
            Originally posted by the Fifth Race
            3) Janeway ... Didn't care for her to much in the beginning but by the end she was golden!.
            4) Kirk ... What's not to love about Kirk.
            I KHAAAAAAAAAAAN't let you get away with putting Janeway before Kirk! It's just not right...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I actually really like all of them but since you asked.....

1) Picard - I like his composed style of running his ship.

This is where it gets tough, who is #2, 3 etc.

2) Kirk - His passion was legendary (and I am not referring to the women) Really liked how he worked with McCoy and Spock - true friendship.
              3) Archer - Kindof a cross between Picard and Kirk in leadership style
              4) Sisko - Passionate and really cared about those around him
              5) Janeway - I really liked Janeway but I feel they limited her on the show. She was a tad bit too uptight, wanted to see her let lose a bit more and not with a hologram.
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I'd have to order them like this -

1) Picard;

2) Kirk;

3) Sisko;

4) Archer;

5) Janeway.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

sisko ---IMO best captain and leader

picard --Speaks for himself

kirk ---As said above he was damn cool

archer --- good leader wish we could had seen him more

janeway ---- the Borg killer
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk
                    5) Janeway - I really liked Janeway but I feel they limited her on the show. She was a tad bit too uptight, wanted to see her let lose a bit more and not with a hologram.
                    Or Q.....or an alien who wanted to take Voyager.....Janeway sure didn't have much relationship luck in the delta quadrant.....unlike Harry Kim.....

Comment

1- Picard. (Simply brilliant.)
                      2- Archer (Very good from the odd ep's ive seen)
                      3- Janeway (Starts slow, but becomes good.)
                      4- Kirk.
                      5- Sisko. (Never seen any of DS9)
                      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
                        5- Sisko. (Never seen any of DS9)
                        faints
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Great idea for a thread brother Fifth. My favorites list goes like this....

1) Picard seems to be most everyones choice as there favorite captain, I totally agree, Picard was special and Patrick Stewart is a brilliant actor!.
                          2) Sisko he barely comes in second, DS9 is my favorite Trek series and even though I did not care to much for Sisko originally he kicked butt in the latter half of the series. Avery Brooks is also a great actor!.
                          3) Archer he was the best thing about Enterprise, just a great guy that played the part perfectly.
                          4) Janeway she was annoying at times but after 7 of 9 joined the crew I really started to like her a lot. She was much better in the last 2 seasons.
                          5) Kirk not a big fan of TOS but Kirk was always good for a laugh. His recklessness with the safety of his crew put him at the bottom of the list.

Comment

Picard - my hero
                            Kirk - my other hero
                            Janeway - my heroine
                            Sisko - my hamster could've done better
                            Archer - my oh my what a waste of space
                            sigpic
                            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

1. Janeway. No particular reason, except for the fact that I just really liked the Voyager crew and found them the most interesting and enjoyable to watch out of all the Trek series.

2. Picard comes a close second.

3. Archer was quite a likeable bloke, pity the show sucked royally. Also, I thought the dog should have been captain as he was easily the best character on the ship.

4. Sisko was as dull as ditchwater. I enjoyed DS9, but he was completely my least favourite character on it. Well, apart from the stupid singing hologram.

5. Kirk. Say no more. Mercifully, I've blocked him out of my head mostly and don't much like to be reminded.

Albion
                              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Working...
                              X