Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Season 8 episode revealed: Threads ( MAJOR SPOILERS! )

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Season 8 episode revealed: Threads ( MAJOR SPOILERS! )

Daniel Jackson is at a cross-roads. With his life placed in mortal danger, an old friend has returned to help: Oma Desala. Daniel finds himself stuck in a 60's style diner, symbolizing an in-between state where he must decide whether to ascend once again, or go back and risk death. There he meets Mike, who is also trapped there and who serves as Daniel's subconscious as he wrestles with the fateful decision.

[Read the rest at: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/8x4.shtml ]
    Last edited by MasterPower; 03 August 2004, 08:00 AM.

Whoa! Are there any plot threads this episode won't touch upon?

I wanna see it now! And I sincirely hope Daniel doesn't ascend again - rather, that he doesn't permanently ascend again. If it's just temporary as part of a story arc that spans a couple of episodes, I can live with it...
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
      Whoa! Are there any plot threads this episode won't touch upon?

I wanna see it now! And I sincirely hope Daniel doesn't ascend again - rather, that he doesn't permanently ascend again. If it's just temporary as part of a story arc that spans a couple of episodes, I can live with it...
      I hope he doesn't ascend as well. He's my favorite character, and I didn't like season 6 because of the ascension thing.

Comment

This episode sounds so cool!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Duuuude. Anubis went to Kheb! Dang, that works right into one of the stories I'm working on. Although I think the show is going a different route than I intend to. Don't think Nuby will have tortured Kheb's priests and "stumbled across" ascension...

Still. Very nifty. Shades of Quantum Leap with Daniel ending up in a diner, trying to decide what to do...

Comment

This season gets better and better I can't wait to see this ep,this is by far the best plot i have read, hopfully it will answer alot of questions.
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

As for the rest of the ep... I am EXTREMELY wary of the shippy content. Pleas, please, please PLEASE don't ruin everything with more GD ship!! Something tells me that if any ep is going to drive me into a bloody froth, it'll be this one.

If she dumps Pete for Jack, I won't watch the show anymore. It's as simple as that. You could have Jonas dancing naked across the screen in every ep, but if it's going to be Sam/Jack all the way, I refuse to watch ANY of it. Not even for Jonas.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                As for the rest of the ep... I am EXTREMELY wary of the shippy content. Pleas, please, please PLEASE don't ruin everything with more GD ship!! Something tells me that if any ep is going to drive me into a bloody froth, it'll be this one.

If she dumps Pete for Jack, I won't watch the show anymore. It's as simple as that. You could have Jonas dancing naked across the screen in every ep, but if it's going to be Sam/Jack all the way, I refuse to watch ANY of it. Not even for Jonas.
                I agree. I hate Jack and Sam together, it's just wrong.

Comment

Well ShadowMaat you know it's going to happen by end of this season so I won't be suprised if she dumps pete but I really don't care I don't watch the show for shippy content.
                  "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

It's called "living in denial", Wass. I've finally started getting back into Stargate and am still in amazement over the fact that the show could recover after last season. I really don't want to think about it all turning to crap again down the road. And all because of ship. *sigh* Let me have my happy thoughts while I can. I have so few of them left...

Comment

Well this is disgusting. Just when i was enjoying the team feel again to know they're going to ruin this show with their stupid desire to pair 2 characters that don't belong together. What is RCC thinking? Or does he?

Comment

He's thinking "ratings", BeerGirl. Pure and simple.

You know what else bothers me? The shameless way they're playing off the shippers. First, they work them into a bloody froth over the whole Pete thing, now they're turning them into melty little puddles of ecstasy with the "then again, maybe not".

If they want Sam and Jack together, I wish they'd just get it the hell over with and move on... to the real stories.

If they don't want Sam and Jack together (and is anyone still THAT deluded?), I wish they'd just drop it entirely and stop throwing little "hints" at us. Get back to the real stories.

This whole on again/off again thing is getting very tedious and has gone on for far too long already.

Hopefully the rest of the ep will be good. Should be fun to see the 60's diner stuff.
                        Last edited by ShadowMaat; 02 August 2004, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerGirl
                          Well this is disgusting. Just when i was enjoying the team feel again to know they're going to ruin this show with their stupid desire to pair 2 characters that don't belong together. What is RCC thinking? Or does he?
                          Jack and Sam DON'T belong together

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                            Well ShadowMaat you know it's going to happen by end of this season so I won't be suprised if she dumps pete but I really don't care I don't watch the show for shippy content.
                            We don't know anything. Personally, I think that while it's certainly possible that there might be a heavy focus on ship towards the end of the season, I don't think that they will end up having Jack and Sam together as in them being an "official" couple. I think it's more likely that they'll end the series with strong hints of ship to come, but nothing 100% conclusive.

(And let me once again point out that I'm neither pro- nor anti-ship. I don't really care one way or the other. Just mentioning it so that nobody will think my opinion is just wishful thinking on the part of an anti-shipper in denial.)

Anyway...

What has me worried in this episode description is the news regarding Jacob. This doesn't sound so good. Not good at all...
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

First off, thanks to MasterPower for bringing the spoiler over.

Originally posted by MasterPower
                              Daniel Jackson is at a cross-roads. ... Oma herself, Daniel learns, had quite a bit to do with it: Anubis went to Kheb.
                              Finally they are dealing with Daniel's ascension (and Anubis's, too). (I'm trying to manage my expectation here, but) I hope we get to feel how that experience has changed Daniel in episodes leading up to, as well as beyond, this one.

Meanwhile, Jack O'Neill has begun a romantic relationship with Kerry Johnson, ... but something is holding Jack back, and Kerry knows it.
                              Somewhat "meh" on this one. Frankly a romantic relationship between a main character and someone with the character description of a "seat filler" is not even remotely romantic, IMHO, just tedious.

Colonel Carter ... is having second thoughts about her engagement to Pete Shanahan, ... She tries to talk to Jack about her feelings for the general, but is interrupted when Kerry arrives.
                              FCOL, can't the poor woman make up her mind? If she vacillates this much, perhaps it's a good sign that she should pick neither. And I really hope this "thread" does not overshadow Daniel's, the way it did in Chimera.
                              In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                              X