Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the human race have greater potential then the ancients?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the human race have greater potential then the ancients?

according to what we've been told for years now is that the human race (us)

are the second evolution of the ancients so does that mean that we have ever greater potential then there did ?
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

I don't see why not.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
      according to what we've been told for years now is that the human race (us)

are the second evolution of the ancients so does that mean that we have ever greater potential then there did ?
      Mayby, mayby not, depends on just how similiar we are. If we are exactly the same then we have the same potential, but the advantage of being able to study and learn from their mistakes. If we are different in anyway it will not be the same, but it is impossible to say which have the best potential, especially since you havent defined what this potential is for... Is it the potential to ascend or the potential to study technology for eksample?

Comment

I think all species in the universe have an infinite potential

Comment

Originally posted by RuleBritannia

That's the spirit!

Comment

Originally posted by RuleBritannia
            I think they have the same potential and given that they all have the same, no one would have more and such that would be the max potential. I am weary of saying something like this is infinite, though it could be described as such as it encompass all potential imaginable.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
              good point look at the unas

but I'm not sure it applies to the aliens from one false step
              Yeah, definitely not those guys.

As for us having greater potential than the Ancients, I wouldn't necessarily say that. At least the same, that I can see.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think that we may have the protential to achieve what took the anicents millons of years to acheive in just a few hiunded or may be a couple of thousands years. If they keep on advancing at their current rate the I would say technology wise we acheive more because we have a massive head star and the potental to study technology several million years ahead of our own. But I think that evolution wise the ancients as probably gond as far as they or any one else can go.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                  But I think that evolution wise the ancients as probably gond as far as they or any one else can go.
                  I totally agree with that point. Ascension should be the end goal of most beings.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I just hope we don't end up being complete douchebags like the Ancients.

Comment

I think we're evolving into the Ancients. It's only a matter of time. If a couple of well placed wraith genes got into the human genome (either by some crazy Eugenics program-look at X-Files, not that it's real life mind you), then we'd develop telepathy, and other sorts of stuff. And those genes may have played a pivotal role in the evolution of the Wraith. (IIRC, weren't the Ancients telepathic?)
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                      X