Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At what point does continuously bringing up this issue stop being justified and start being simply petty and cruel? I've apologize multiple times, entertained every PM from concerned parties, explained my actions as thoroughly as I can...I really can't think of anything else I can do.

I guess my question is what is it going to take for this issue to finally be laid to rest? Is there something you're all waiting for me to do or say? Do you not think I'm making a good-faith effort to reconcile? How much energy must we expend on this?

Please let me know...
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

No ones been painted in a negative manner, really.

I don't think anyone's questioning why people might be upset about it, however, as you said, an apology has been made and its the end of it.

Unfortunatly some people don't know exactly what happened and are working on secondary knowledge.

In life we can't bear grudges constantly, we'd lead a very poor existence. I know some people are still hurt, I wouldn't blame them. Let's just say that Tyler was an idiot and has learnt a lesson from this.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

^ MT I'm sorry for posting, my last post was more in response to FOB's comment than anything else. As far as I'm concerned you've said sorry, fair dues that should be the end of it. You can't blame folks for being interested though and dragging it out....we all love a bit of drama. It'll die and go away soon enough, you know what this place is like.

*edit* and for the record me and FOB are chums, he knows I love him.
        Last edited by Egeria; 04 June 2006, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Honestly, when I posted I thought the worst that would happen is people would have a laugh at my expense. I readily admit that the title was shocking and in poor taste, but I thought that people would read my post and would know exactly what I meant and everything would be fine. If truely I intended to upset people, I can think of a lot more clever and less sensational ways of going about it.

I thought if I was wrong people would say "I can't believe he fell for that" or "she pulled a good one on him." I never dreamed it would turn into a 36-hour crisis. I hope you (general) can believe that.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I think everyone just needed to have their say and now we can lay this to rest.
            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
              I asked if they were called that, and then explained what my friend had told me after we watched "Bad Wolf." At no point did I say anyone was called anything.

It seems peoples' recollections automatically shift to "worst case scenario."
              I know you didn't call Dr Who fans whores in the traditional sense of the word, but I did find it offensive all the same. I was just answering Jonno's question.

I don't know what I "expect" or want. But in the last 24 hours, it seems, I have been called aggressive, oversensitive AND a liar (on multiple occasions) by the same person. And that does not go down well with me when I've been trying to stay polite for the sake of constructive discourse here on Gateworld.

However, I digress. I agree with Hatusu. I think everyone needed to get some things off their chests. It should die down a little now.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Guys, Tyler made a mistake. There was nothing malicious or mean in his thread. He was the unfortunate butt of someone's joke.

We've discussed it and i consider it closed. He made a mistake, he apologized and he'll know better in the future. Live and learn.

I'm closing this thread because it has served its purpose. If anyone else has an issue with MT, they can take it up with me.

but, given that you whovians are the only ones on this forum that have new episodes to talk about, i'm sure y'all will find some other topic to occupy your time
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X