This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ancients are cruel?

I heard the Ancients are cruel and have been known to destroy entire civilizations. However the ancient that Daniel met of Kehb was pretty nice. And why doesn't the ancients help fight the Goa'uld?

Originally posted by yenny8a
    I heard the Ancients are cruel and have been known to destroy entire civilizations. However the ancient that Daniel met of Kehb was pretty nice. And why doesn't the ancients help fight the Goa'uld?
    Strict, not cruel. The ascended Ancients (glowing white light) are forbidden to interfere with affairs in the material plane. If one of them break this rule, they will be punished or so they have said.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

I heard the Ancients are cruel and have been known to destroy entire civilizations.
      Don't know where you heard that, but it's not from the series.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

You may want to watch Stargate SG-1 season five, Ascension to better understand what the Ascended (note, not the same as Ancients) can and cannot do according to their laws.

Oma, the Ascended one on Kheb(MI) was bannished by the Ascended authorities for accelerating the ascension process. She did seem nice. Is she a righteous, persecuted victim of an unjust system or is she a troublemaker of the worst kind? A demon in angel wings?

I'm looking forward to finding out!
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

So basically whoever ascended first calls the shots? Doesn't sound fair to me...
          sigpic
          I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
          'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
          'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMarioMan
            So basically whoever ascended first calls the shots? Doesn't sound fair to me...
            Yes they do, power is the most important currency in the universe.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

I doubt it was whoever ascended first. It goes by numbers. More ascended beings beleive they should not interfere so they have the power. If a large group of them wanted to change their ways they would have to outnumber the others.
              -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
              -Jack O'Niell

Comment

Originally posted by earck
                I doubt it was whoever ascended first. It goes by numbers. More ascended beings beleive they should not interfere so they have the power. If a large group of them wanted to change their ways they would have to outnumber the others.
                Ah, but the first one to ascend could keep anyone who doesn't agree with him/her from ascending.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                  Ah, but the first one to ascend could keep anyone who doesn't agree with him/her from ascending.
                  SPOILER FOR "FULL CIRCLE," SG-1, SEASON SIX

I don't think so, it took their combined strength to de-ascend Anubis and they could only get half of the job done.
                  Rocky

Comment

I think they meant *cool*. Look at all the cool tech they have and the cool abilities they have as well.

I agree that they don't help because they practice non-interference with current happenings and beings not as advanced as they are.

Shelly
                    Shelly
                    My Photos
                    sigpic

Comment

I wonder what would happen if an entire race ascended at once that thought completely diffrent then the current ascended?
                      sigpic
                      I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
                      'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
                      'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

Well, "technically" the current ascended can't do anything to that race, given the current non-interference rules of the ascended being. However, once this race completed the ascension process, then they could duke it out with the current group of ascended beings whichever way they want.

This is assuming the hypothetical race in question learned how to ascend without the help of any current ascended beings.

Comment

Besides, just because a leader is strict, does not mean they are cruel. If you let people run around free, they will cause havok. Look at Iraq now that it's liberated. It's a festering hole of maniacs.

Comment

Not really cruel, just indifferent. They are indifferent to pretty much everything that happens on this plane, which is why they don't take sides.

Comment

I heard the Ancients are cruel and have been known to destroy entire civilizations.
                              Potential Spoilerage:
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              I, myself, had not heard that; however the thought did occur to me when it was theorized on that SG Atlantis episode, with the black energy creature, that the Ancients had captured that creature in the "cage". At the very least they were thoughtless leaving it there when they evacuated Atlantis.

That episode was tedious; by the way. Not the most original story.
                              "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

Comment

Working...
                              X