Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most agressive advertisements are on GateWorld. Even if I use my PC or my tablet or my mobile, it is truly shocking and not really a fun experience. I use AdBlockPlus, but these rubbish still show up. They are really annoying.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I use AdBlock Ultimate that's an extension of Microsoft Edge on my desktop. I also use ScanGuard and PCProtect that scan websites.

Comment

Thanks for suggestion.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I got an automatic redirect to this site while visiting a thread on the forum
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Automatic redirects certainly should never be caused by advertising on the site.

My first recommendation in this case is to install MalwareBytes, or a comparable program, and run some deep scans for malware. Redirects (or pop-ups) away from the site suggest some sort of browser hijacking, and are unlikely to be caused by an ad served from GW's provider.

~Darren

Comment

Working...
            X