X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Tyler
    Uh oh... Sorry.
    lol nothing to be sorry about...im just glad that i know how to help GW
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
      right click in the blocked area, then click settings and it will shade it for you.
      Yeah I did that when I first couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t allow me to click on any menus. I still find it aggravating though.

There needs to be some level of hell reserved for whoever created drop-down ads.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
        Yeah I did that when I first couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t allow me to click on any menus. I still find it aggravating though.

There needs to be some level of hell reserved for whoever created drop-down ads.
        ...right next door to the guys who invented pop-ups.
        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

This is not about the drop down ads that mess up forum.

But is anyone else having the same ad over and over?

EDIT: It stop playing the same thing about CST (US).
          Last edited by greytop; 13 February 2006, 08:32 PM.

Comment

It's odd because that same poltergeist ad on the main gateworld forum has no problem at all. It displays perfectly and doesn't interfere with the nav area. Only on the forums

Comment

MODS! A new ad for "V for Vendetta is causing the same problem!

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
                MODS! A new ad for "V for Vendetta is causing the same problem!

Comment

Jeez, this ad for V is for Vendetta used to pop up only occasionally and kill all the url tags but now it's popping up almost EVERY TIME I move around the forum. *grumble*

Do you guys get more revenue from the popdown ads instead of the regular, nonanimated ones?

Comment

just when you think it's safe--another movie ad messes up the site. Grrr.

Comment

o well live with it it's never going to be perfect
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

ToasterOnFire, if you're using Firefox, just filter out the V for Vendetta advert using Adblock. All the other adverts will still load.
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

i'm not having any trouble with that ad huh
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I've never seen that ad either. Although, I do have *doubleclick* as a wildcard in the filter list.
                            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I know I've mentioned this on another topic about forum posting troubles...

Sometimes, in my situation- depending on the volume of people viewing the entire forums (visitors and registered members), sometimes depends on the ads freezing up the screen - thus preventing logging in or moving about to view another topic. That's usually where my frustration comes from.

I've learned a way around it: which means find a forum or topic that you can log into and start from there (and I usually browse via Firefox). Sometimes that required opening up a new window and closing the former. From that point forward, once I found a topic or forum index page that didn't have the ads that freeze up everything else, it seemed to be okay.

Maybe someone out there is just trying to find ways to stop us from yacking and reading too much, unless it's their favorite item (conspiracy theory!).

I did like the guest Log-in whenever it was there in recent weeks. It sort of stopped this freezing to log-in problem for a while... (*sigh*)

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                                ToasterOnFire, if you're using Firefox, just filter out the V for Vendetta advert using Adblock. All the other adverts will still load.
                                I'm new to Firefox. Where can I find this and use Adblock?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X