This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Goa'uld CAN become good.

Hygeria was the Tok'ra Queen. She WAS a Goa'uld, and she decided to become good... her spawn then became the Tok'ra. If Hygeria can switch sides, then it is possible that an evil Goa'uld CAN in fact become good.

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
    Hygeria was the Tok'ra Queen. She WAS a Goa'uld, and she decided to become good... her spawn then became the Tok'ra. If Hygeria can switch sides, then it is possible that an evil Goa'uld CAN in fact become good.
    Egeria.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I guess you mean Egeria and not Hygeria edit: damn Major Tyler beat me first

As for Goa'ulds that can become good there was a Goa'uld who was a bit in love with Jonas in Season 7.
      The thing is Goa'ulds are supposed to be bad ! You can't make them good. Would you like it if Ba'al or Anubis was good? What is next? Maybe they'll join SG.1 ! I am just thinking out loud in here but the person who had made up the Tok'ra never expected that it would play out this way, that the Tok'ra were really important.
      Lord Zedd

Comment

From what I understand, a major factor in the Goa'uld's evilness is the sarcophagus. If the Goa'uld stopped using it (like the Tok'Ra), they could potentially see the error of their ways.

Sure, they'd still have the genetic memory, but that can be controlled.

Comment

We know that the Tok'ra have been able to turn Goa'ulds but it has not happened often...I believe this was established in the episode Crossroads.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
            If Hygeria can switch sides, then it is possible that an evil Goa'uld CAN in fact become good.
            Possible, but unlikely. Hard for them to turn away from all that power.

Comment

I supose they could if they wanted to but why would they want to. They have followers and power. The only reason I can see for them switching from Goa'uld to Tok'ra would be the fear of losing everything at the hands of SG-1.

Comment

If it's possible then that's good enough for me. I understood that the sarcophagus was what really made them bad but aren't they also born with all the knowledge of the goa'uld before them? Yu was ok as was Baal when he helped out in the ep Reackoning (he didn't have to help) I think there is the potential for them to become good!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  We know that the Tok'ra have been able to turn Goa'ulds but it has not happened often...I believe this was established in the episode Crossroads.
                  Hmmm, wasn't Tanith supposed to be the first one? I thought one of the reasons the Tok'ra were so interested was they had never seen a Goa'uld spawned from an evil queen turn good and wanted to observe Shau'nac to see if they could use her methods to turn other Goa'uld to their cause, obviously it didn't work so well.

Comment

Yu was a borderline Tok'Ra imo. He was too nice to be Goa'uld.
                    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General

The thing about Yu is that he was not stupid. Why make people hate you unless there is a good reason for it? He also seemed to believe that one has to be trustworthy if you intend to stay in power for thousands of years.

it also that his first prime had been the one that was actually running his empire since Yu was senile and forgetfull - And with the sarchophagos he could have been senile for decades, maybe even hundreds of years (all the time having his empire being run by Jaffa)

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                        I disagree... he is a system lord, we can think he is not so proper, he should have done not beautiful things...

Though, he is very intelligent, much more than goas like Apophis who are completely brain devasted ... they think they are really omniscient gods
                        Yu is able to cooperate if he see his interest is to make alliances which are apparently disgraceful

I think the main point is the use of sarcophagus. For exemple, minor goa'ulds (the one who invested the Jonas friend, or even Nerus, who do not fit exactly to the goa'ulds standards...) who use it less, are less bad than the others
                        Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

The Goa'uld no longer have their power nor their followers/servants. I think it's very likely that one or more will give up their evil ways and try to become allies. Like Baal said there really is a bigger threat to the galaxy than the Goa'uld now and we should all work together.

Comment

Originally posted by Mika
                            The thing about Yu is that he was not stupid. Why make people hate you unless there is a good reason for it? He also seemed to believe that one has to be trustworthy if you intend to stay in power for thousands of years.

it also that his first prime had been the one that was actually running his empire since Yu was senile and forgetfull - And with the sarchophagos he could have been senile for decades, maybe even hundreds of years (all the time having his empire being run by Jaffa)
                            Possibly, but Daniel mentioned Yu having a positive influence on China a very long time ago.

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson, episode Fair Game
                            Also known as Yu the Great, he did not assume the role of a god per se, but may have been one of China's earliest Emperors. Legend says he possessed great mythic powers and sprang into the world from a dragon's body. Ancient scrolls say he founded the first recorded dynasty whose advances came about under harsh rule. However, it should be noted that Yu did account for a number of notable, positive influences.
                            [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Also remeber Ageria was a goa'uld queen thousands of years ago when their reigned for only a few millenia. Her genetic memory ,being evil of course, was not a lot. Goa'uld now have thousands of more years of genetic memory equivilant to a couple hundred lifetimes of a tyranical sociopath. So with all those extra evil memories I think it would be difficult to turn a Goa'uld to Tok'ra.

Comment

Working...
                              X