Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would have to assume that after reviewing the episodes, it seems that the farther of the distance to travel, the longer the time. Also, depending on the amount of power put into the gate. (note that when a zpm is applied to a normal travel, it is nearly instantaneous, while when it is used to go a bi-galaxy travel, it takes the normal time (5s)

Also you can probably assume that they were talking about the "connection" time of the wormholes being the 0.2s not the traveling of the matter/energy.
    Which brings me to another point. If you have denser or more matter, then the trip will probably be longer.

Comment

I say go with Carter and not Walter even though I do like
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor View Post
        In "Ripple Effect" Sam says that although stargate travel may feel instantaneous it takes 0.3 seconds. And in older episodes, Walter or the chevron guy who was present would say "Traveller will reach destination in 5 seconds"

What the frack???
        It's been stated that early in the series the gate/dialing computer was slightly misaligned. It caused the team to be thrown or disoriented or cold. Perhaps the mis-calibration caused an unnecessary delay.
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
        X