No announcement yet.

The Jack O'Neill/Daniel Jackson slash and friendship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, i know what you mean....I've no one around who I could talk to about Stargate and my favourites Daniel and Jack.
    I'm not a avid series watcher, but I try not to miss Stargate re-runs and preferably watch the Daniel (Jack) focused eps. Their friendship is really something special.
    Really looking forward to go to the con and see Michael. :-)

Conversations with other fans is sometimes not so easy.....they're not many people at these threads anymore. The golden age is obviously over....and on twitter it's not so easy to talk to some, I don't even dare to try sometimes....seems like relative newbies are not very welcome :'-(
    I still hope to meet some of them in Birmingham. :-D

Comment

Sadly forums are part of the "old world"...Social Media has taken over...and it's not just "newbies" who can be ostracised...some of us older members have also experienced it on SM - it's nothing to do with not being welcome..some fans are just not as nice as others....

I was very lucky to experience this forum in its heyday...we had nowhere else to chat at the time and this and the DJ/MS Thunk Thread became our "Facebook"....the friends I made on there are still my friends but most of them have moved on to other fandoms and to other real life projects....I'm the one that stood still as I don't really involve myself in the "thrill of the fan bit" as much as I really only like/am interested in this particular series and the actor who plays one of the characters....I still read a LOT of slash fiction when I can find it, but having experienced some difficulties over the past year I tend to keep my discussions and thoughts very private with only a few good friends I feel I can trust not to spread any thoughts I might have anywhere else....however what I took away with 90% of those friends I made through Stargate and Gateworld was that our friendship was strong enough to survive without fandom and we are all still interested in each other's lives away from it and more importantly keep in touch out of it...

But I always look out for new J/D fiction....and will most definitely post a link to new stuff if a) it's made public enough to read and b) the link can be fitted within the Gateworld "PG" Forum Guidelines...

Sadly some fiction has been removed by the authors and that's their right.....if someone has decided they no longer want it in the public domain it's not my place to try and find it or pass it on even though there are means to ....as they say, nothing on the internet isn't traceable these days ...

I will, however, endeavour to post more of my favourite Jack and Daniel pics on this thread....when photobucket behaves enough for me to recognise which ones I'm posting..it's being a bit of a 'mare atm...

One of my favs...being a glasses wearer this is one of the most intimate things a "mate" can do.....Jack obviously knows "his" Daniel well ...

Deeds xx
      sigpic
      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I understand what you mean, you're right about forums.
        In my whole life I was part of just 2 (fandom) forums. One about a Brit actor, whom I still admire :-D
        ...and I agree about those friendships, it's great to have a bond even outside the fandom. :-)
        Social media is full of weird people and you can't be sure who to trust.
        Not just your everyday (strange language talker) stalker we all know.....you can stalk someone on SM in different ways, i see it there everyday...and to honest, i follow some of them, but not sure if i keep doing it. :-(

I just hope you didn't misunderstand me, about the 'welcome' thing. As you see I'm not a native speaker and to say what I mean is not easy for me. :-)
        I'm more of an observer and it sometimes takes ages till I talk/write to someone, I always have the feeling of being pushy/obtrusive if I do it....sometimes I even delete it immediately.....thinking 'what are you doing'

.....already had nightmares about the convention....getting totally lost there....still wondering if it's the right thing to do....maybe I'm 'wacko' ;-)

.....I don't read fan fiction, but really appreciate how much time, work and love people invest in it.

Yes please....pics... <3
        Love this scene....I think thi ep is on tv today...of course I'll watch it.

xo

Comment

Tbh we've had many many "other language" people on here over the years and this is why I LOVED the forum...you have time and space to write, think about it, look at it, check it and then post...and you can "edit" "delete" or do whatever you want to "make it look right"...Social Media can be too "fast" for me...especially Twitter..:O

I really miss the great chats we all had on this thread and the DJ Thread, but thankfully as long as this forum remains they are there to read...some of the photos will have gone as people have cleared out their photo hosting sites but if they're like me, I've had mine up on photobucket for over 12 years now!!....so a lot of mine will remain....

This scene is great....it makes me giggle every time..and Jacob's face as he looks at Sam...he soooooo knows they're "doin' it"

Deeds xx
          sigpic

Comment

I really enjoy reading Stargate fan fiction that has Daniel as the main focus. Daniel is the character that fascinated me throughout the series. Often times the episode didn't tell the story as completely as I hoped, so reading episode based fan fiction could tell the story in a way that an hour long show could not.
            I enjoyed reading Daniel centric stories so much that I searched for more Stargate stories and was able to find many many good quality stories while they were easily available on the net. Many sites are gone now, but there are still many good stories to be found. This is a very enjoyable hobby of mine that I still spend a lot of time doing.

Comment

So...I am SUPER LATE to this thread... Two reasons:

1. When the show was on, I was knee deep in Joss Whedon's stuff, as well as X-Files, so I didn't truly appreciate any other shows that were on.

2. When I decided I was interested, it wasn't anywhere for free that I could find it...

I got extremely lucky with my job (I work thrift store retail, we run on donations) and someone donated the first seven seasons of Stargate: SG1, three of them still in their plastic packaging. I've been bingeing for about a week and half.

I'd seen the movie before (James Spader's a total babe), and then fell in love with the dynamic between Jack and Daniel in the very first episode. No shame. They just have this undeniable chemistry that really holds the show together, and I find that a lot of the weaker episodes (for me) either don't have them interacting at all, or one of them is just not in the episode.

I am posting because I just watched Meridian. Yes. That episode. I knew it was coming, I saw all of the spoilers, but I was a blubbering MESS. Don't know how I'm going to deal with the next season without Daniel, but I'll manage.

I have already read a *crap* ton of fanfiction, and have started writing a few. Can't wait to get them up! ...and I've made some digital art.

If anyone actually read down this far to the end of my post, please, feel free to message me. I need someone to commiserate with and fangirl with. No one I know has seen this show, so I am utterly alone in my fangirling over the perfectness of these two together, as well as the awesomeness that is this show!

Comment

Originally posted by nephilimeq View Post
                So...I am SUPER LATE to this thread... Two reasons:

1. When the show was on, I was knee deep in Joss Whedon's stuff, as well as X-Files, so I didn't truly appreciate any other shows that were on.

2. When I decided I was interested, it wasn't anywhere for free that I could find it...

I got extremely lucky with my job (I work thrift store retail, we run on donations) and someone donated the first seven seasons of Stargate: SG1, three of them still in their plastic packaging. I've been bingeing for about a week and half.

I'd seen the movie before (James Spader's a total babe), and then fell in love with the dynamic between Jack and Daniel in the very first episode. No shame. They just have this undeniable chemistry that really holds the show together, and I find that a lot of the weaker episodes (for me) either don't have them interacting at all, or one of them is just not in the episode.

I am posting because I just watched Meridian. Yes. That episode. I knew it was coming, I saw all of the spoilers, but I was a blubbering MESS. Don't know how I'm going to deal with the next season without Daniel, but I'll manage.

I have already read a *crap* ton of fanfiction, and have started writing a few. Can't wait to get them up! ...and I've made some digital art.

If anyone actually read down this far to the end of my post, please, feel free to message me. I need someone to commiserate with and fangirl with. No one I know has seen this show, so I am utterly alone in my fangirling over the perfectness of these two together, as well as the awesomeness that is this show!
                Hi there, and welcome to the wonderful world of Jack/Daniel. :-)

Be alone no more - there are still plenty of us who love this pairing. I don't know if you're familiar with Dreamwidth, but there's a friendly bunch of Jack and Daniel fans living there. In fact, next month, we'll be signing up for the annual Jack/Daniel Ficathon, so if you fancy flexing your writing muscles you'll be made very welcome. :-)

I have to ask, are you currently leaving lots of delicious kudos on my stories at Archive of Our Own? I think I recognise your name. If so, thank you so much! If you like, I can suggest some fantastic J/D writers you might like to read over there. Just say the word.

Fangirl away - the Jack and Daniel love is best shared!

Comment

Yes, that might be me. I've written plenty of slash for other fandoms (solid Destiel and Shassie shipper here), and this one, though, might be above both of those.

I'll put up one of my photo manips sometime soon. I love doing them and have gotten fairly good at them over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by nephilimeq View Post
                    Yes, that might be me. I've written plenty of slash for other fandoms (solid Destiel and Shassie shipper here), and this one, though, might be above both of those.

I'll put up one of my photo manips sometime soon. I love doing them and have gotten fairly good at them over the years.
                    Just so you know, there are strict rules about manips on this forum, and slash ones are a definite non-no! Strictly speaking, you're not even allowed to link to slash fic on here. Might want to check the forum rules and FAQ before you post anything.

Jack/Daniel is highly addictive! Chemistry-wise, it's the best pairing on the show. Or pretty much any other show for that matter. ;-)

Comment

Todays re-runs were "Absolute Power" and "The Light" :-)
                      Who doesn't love Daniel as the baddie.... and his dynamic with Jack.
                      I watch The Light only for Jack/Daniel scenes....how Jack cares about Daniel, his concern...

....I just love these two guys <3 <3

Comment

Oh, I know. I go by the same handle pretty much *everywhere*, though, so if someone wanted to *find* something, then they could look for it under my name on their own time...

Comment

Rewatching the last part of Meridian...over and over and over and over again...

Dying. So much.

I mean...Richard just put so much into just two words, "Jacob...stop.", and his expression when he did it...

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s5/5...5x21_0292.html

And then when he said goodbye to Daniel, it felt like it was also Richard saying goodbye to Michael. Just look at the dialogue:

J: "You're just...giving up?" D: "No, no. I'm not giving up. Believe me."
                          D: "I'm gonna miss you guys..." J: "Yeah. You, too." D: "Thank you...for everything."
                          D: "I have to go now." J: "See you around?" D: "I don't know."
                          J: "Hey... Where are you going?" D: "I don't know..."

And then the last shot of the episode was on Jack, and the look on his face says it all. Daniel was his conscience, the part of him that kept him honest and good...and now it's gone. A part of him is gone.

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s5/5...5x21_0323.html

SO POWERFUL.

Comment

Is thrilled to see this thread moving and alive again after a very "quiet resting period"....

I've always loved the discourse and discussion of a forum over the more frenetic and sometimes "single minded posting" of Social Media....sadly, for me, the J/D part of this has gone this way on some SM groups and places so it's really lovely to have a small group of like-minded people to discuss our love for our boys ...

I look forward to joining in the conversation and I still have plenty of lovely screencaps from stargatecaps.com and other wonderful people who have done them and allowed me to use them to post....

As for Meridian...*sobs* ...it was so wonderful in a heartbreaking, aching, angsty way and brought out some of the best acting by Richard Dean Anderson, which was always the case when he was paired in a 2-facer with Michael Shanks...

Welcome and keep posting!

Deeds xx
                            sigpic

Comment

I mean...Richard just put so much into just two words, "Jacob...stop.", and his expression when he did it...

It's the fact that Jack said those words, followed by "It's what he wants" ... and no-one challenged him on how he knew that Daniel wanted this. They just knew that Jack would know. Because love, friendship, call it what you will. Yeah.

Daniel was his conscience, the part of him that kept him honest and good...and now it's gone. A part of him is gone.

And a huge part of the show went with him, for me and a lot of other Daniel and Jack/Daniel fans. The Jack of season six was a Jack bereft and angry, and I'll love RDA forever for the way he chose portray his loss.

Comment

Interestingly enough, RDA and Shanks rarely ever had any panels of just the two of them, but the one that they had was at the 2013 Calgary Expo and they were just ON FIRE together and their best part together was at the end of it, starting with the question at minute 33:00.

OMG, I just about lose it every single time when I hear Michael talking about things that he remembers about Richard from set, because his impression of him is spot on. Shanks is kind of amazing when it comes to voices and the fact that he could imitate Richard so well just cracks me up every single time!

What's great about the panel is that they hadn't seen each other in about 3 years, but they acted like no time had passed between them.

Oh, and their daughters are the same age!

Here's the link to the panel. You can watch the whole thing, which is interesting off and on throughout, but the best part of it is the last five minutes:

Comment

Working...
                                X